Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 20:57   #1

Pooja for Car

Hi all,

Am taking out my Accord from Arya Honda tomm in Ballard Estate. Thought since Siddhivinayak temple is so close to the showroom I might get a pooja done for my car there.

Please tell me how can I go about it? Is there parking close by and I can call a poojari outside to do the pooja or how is it done?

This is the first time I am doing a pooja for any of my cars. Do advice.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:00   #2
BHPian

wish u all the best for the new car! cheers:

whereever you go, park it in a convenient place where neither you would be disturbed nor would you disturb the traffic.

if u dont want to be cursed by every passer by, do not park it on the roadside for the puja and block traffic, esp if the road is congested. i see it happening regularly at some temples in hyderabad.

those from hyderabad will definitely know abt the temple near the Khairtabad RTO office - god knows how many people have uttered curses when the puja was going on on the road, slowing down an already crawling traffic.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:22   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with Ctraltdel, just make sure the car is parked in a safe place so neither you nor passerby is incovenient.

Ctrl, i pass that khairtabad temple daily, whew, do they block the traffic
Old 25th September 2008, 23:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Enough place around Siddhi Vinayak temple to park without disturbing others. Also, congratulations on your new vehicle No idea about your actual question though.
Old 26th September 2008, 00:21   #5
BHPian

I think they have stopped doing pooja for cars at Siddhivinayak temple not sure though.
Old 26th September 2008, 07:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

If you're going to Siddhivinayak, before you pick your car up from the showroom, go to the temple and inform the temple authorities. They'll take a fee and tell you where to park the car. This way you'll not get into trouble with the cops either.
They should demolish that stupid wall and get things back to normal. The wall only causes traffic jams and inconvenience to pedestrians.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
I think they have stopped doing pooja for cars at Siddhivinayak temple not sure though.
Yes, AFAIK, thats true. I had enquired in Jan 2008 and was told that car pooja is no longer done at the temple.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:06   #8
Team-BHP Support

When I was in Bangalore, a friend of mine got a Indigo Petrol. The Pooja was done in some local temple.
He went to the temple and Pujari gave him a list of things to buy.
After that he was charged 25rs as the fees(and also given a receipt for that).
Part of the Mithai etc., he got was distributed as Prasaad.
It took around 10 minutes for the Pooja.
They had ratelist of various types of pooja, and depending upon the pooja, the rate was different. It was all with receipt and all.
I suggest you go to temple, and ask the Pujari for details. He will give you list of items to purchase and will also tell you the fees.
In Bangalore there is a temple which specializes in vehicle pooja. I think Mumbai will also have something similar
Old 26th September 2008, 17:18   #9
BHPian

Hi FAelle, generally we get our pooja's to our vehicle's done at the Mahalaxmi temple at Mahalaxmi in Bombay. (Mumbai).

At the Mahalaxmi temple a priest can do it for you.

We visit the Siddhivinayak mandir for our vehicles at Prabhadevi at the rear of the mandir and do a small pooja without the priest.

Hope this helps.

regards

M M

Last edited by mmmjgm : 26th September 2008 at 17:25.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
... In Bangalore there is a temple which specializes in vehicle pooja. ...
Are you referring to the "Highway Ganesha" temples? Yes, there is one on Chord Road. There are also smaller ones, like the ones the auto fellows go to near the Railway Station before the Okalipuram bridge. Very organized!

In Bangalore one buys all what is required for a normal pooja (bananas, coconut etc.), plus flower garland(s) and 5 lemons. The priest keeps a lemon below each wheel, and at the appropriate time he tells one to drive a couple of inches forward to crush them. The 5th lemon is for keeping in the car after the pooja.
Old 26th September 2008, 19:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
and 5 lemons. The priest keeps a lemon below each wheel, and at the appropriate time he tells one to drive a couple of inches forward to crush them. The 5th lemon is for keeping in the car after the pooja.
what a waste of what could end up in a good lemonade.
Old 26th September 2008, 20:40   #12
BHPian

Observation

&

What's the matter. Both the Mods on something light today ? The poster asked for Bombay's temples, and the mods go on to BLR temples.

Quite a nice invitation to BLR, however on the lighter side permit me to post this message.

Cheers

M M
Old 27th September 2008, 02:26   #13

Hey all thanks for the tips! Just picked up my Silver accord from the showroom today........ shes a hottie and I love her

Had to struggle to break her in and keep the speed under 60 Km/h.

Since I got the car around 8pm I couldnt really go get pooja done but guess I will do it around Vikhroli which is where I live though I dont know any temples around LBS Marg.
Old 27th September 2008, 09:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeLLe View Post
Hey all thanks for the tips! Just picked up my Silver accord from the showroom today........ shes a hottie and I love her

Had to struggle to break her in and keep the speed under 60 Km/h.

Since I got the car around 8pm I couldnt really go get pooja done but guess I will do it around Vikhroli which is where I live though I dont know any temples around LBS Marg.
Why do you want to break her so soon

Congrats on your accord and have fun
Old 27th September 2008, 16:34   #15
BHPian

Pooja is compulsary

By doing pooja, you can do speeding and break all the rules and drive like a maniac - and you will still be safe. Gods will protect you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks