Team-BHP - The "Provident Fund" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The "Provident Fund" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46474-provident-fund-thread-10.html)

RTI works, but its better to visit office first. Specially if you happen to know someone who might make introductions.

Never advised to not visit the RTI office.

In my case, I prepared the RTI application, went to the PF office, stood up in a queue and after 30 mins when my turn came up, I was told to stand up in other queue as this queue was for the claim status filed in 2011 only. There was no indication, nowhere written as to which queue is related to what? Asked her about the same but she was not in a mood to listen. Then I stood in another queue, it took 45 mins for me to know that the PF withdrwal is "still in progress". This message was also shown on the PF portal for the last 3 months.

Then I went to the PIO section and filed my RTI application.

Cheers!
Irish :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2430184)
@NPV, Thanks.

That was one step closer. It identifies company name correctly. But beyond that, says data not available/found.

:(

Same for me as well.

I could see the correct company names for 2 companies. But I get this message "The details are not available for given data.!"

For the third company I could not even get the company name for any of the PF offices in Bangalore. What does this mean?

Tried today it is working. But one issue - my EPF slip showing Account No. KN/XXXXX/XX, how to enter this? When I'm entering in the boxes, it showing invalid member id!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaddiwale (Post 2419893)
Just now I visited the EPFO site to check the balance in my PF A/C of earlier organization (Bangalore). But it showing ..

Service Temporarily interrupted due to congestion in network ...
Please try after sometime.
Kindly bear with us.

Typical Govt. thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaddiwale (Post 2432968)
Tried today it is working. But one issue - my EPF slip showing Account No. KN/XXXXX/XX, how to enter this? When I'm entering in the boxes, it showing invalid member id!

Try this..

Refer your PF account number in the format KN/XXXXX/XX and:
a)in text box #3 (after BG and BNG) Enter XXXXX
b)leave text box #4 blank
c)in text box# 5 Enter XX

If this does not work, refer my earlier post #131 where I have listed an alternative site and steps to find out balance for KN Bangalore PF account numbers.
Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 2433297)
Try this..

Refer your PF account number in the format KN/XXXXX/XX and:
a)in text box #3 (after BG and BNG) Enter XXXXX
b)leave text box #4 blank
c)in text box# 5 Enter XX

If this does not work, refer my earlier post #131 where I have listed an alternative site and steps to find out balance for KN Bangalore PF account numbers.
Hope this helps.

Thanks buddy. In the alternate way I could find the Establishment Code is matching with KR Puram office but when I'm entering last two digits in the Employee No. it is showing "The details are not available for the given data":Frustrati.

Any idea what is happening here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaddiwale (Post 2433376)
Thanks buddy. In the alternate way I could find the Establishment Code is matching with KR Puram office but when I'm entering last two digits in the Employee No. it is showing "The details are not available for the given data":Frustrati.

Seems to be similar issue to what @condor is also experiencing. I guess our friends at EPFO have for some reason not uploaded the information of your PF account. You may want to follow up and withdraw/transfer that account since it will stop earning interest and will be treated as a suspense account as per the notification from EPFO few months ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2369511)
Thanks for that info! Will await to see if ex-employer provides this format or I will try and get it from somewhere...

Been some time since I asked but my previous company has provided me with a format for the Indemnity Bond and moreover, the guys who do the notary know the format and have it ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2430184)
@NPV, Thanks.

That was one step closer. It identifies company name correctly. But beyond that, says data not available/found.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon_daytona (Post 2430812)
Same for me as well.

I could see the correct company names for 2 companies. But I get this message "The details are not available for given data.!"

For the third company I could not even get the company name for any of the PF offices in Bangalore. What does this mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaddiwale (Post 2433376)

This may sound dumb but maybe you can give it a shot:
In large organisations the last set of digits on your PF account # could be 3-4 or more digits since it's considered an employee number by EPFO, so in case you have 1-2 digits in your account #, try prefixing with 0's to make it a 3 or 4 digit number and try again.

stupid: but might be the case with folks who designed that portal too !

1 year 5 months since resignation - finally received some communication from the PF office. My company has apparently made some error in filling up form xyz-A. :Frustrati
So, I guess I am not getting a penny for the next few months either. :deadhorse

Went and filed for withdrawal 15 days back, now hope that i get the amount in a couple of months at the most. A few folks who did the same got it in time! Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best! I guess nothing that i can do at my end as the proper forms have been filled and will be submitted by my prev co?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2474005)
Went and filed for withdrawal 15 days back, now hope that i get the amount in a couple of months at the most. A few folks who did the same got it in time! Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best! I guess nothing that i can do at my end as the proper forms have been filled and will be submitted by my prev co?

Mate, One thing I would like to suggest is to keep following up with your company until you get a confirmation from them that they have submitted your PF forms to the PF office. From then onwards, you can expect your PF amount to come to your a/c within 3months max.

I did the same where I kept continuously following up with my prev company and escalating with their higher ups whenever there was no response from them and I got my money in my a/c after 2.5 months.

I also called up the PF office to inquire on the latest status and how long it would take to receive the amt and they were very kind to respond as well.

You can also track your PF status online and also receieve info on your PF amount via SMS through this link EPFO

Hope this helps.

PS: You need to know your PF A/C Number and the code so that you can key in correctly

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirantp (Post 2474038)
Mate, One thing I would like to suggest is to keep following up with your company until you get a confirmation from them that they have submitted your PF forms to the PF office. From then onwards, you can expect your PF amount to come to your a/c within 3months max.

I did the same where I kept continuously following up with my prev company and escalating with their higher ups whenever there was no response from them and I got my money in my a/c after 2.5 months.

I also called up the PF office to inquire on the latest status and how long it would take to receive the amt and they were very kind to respond as well.

You can also track your PF status online and also receieve info on your PF amount via SMS through this link EPFO

Hope this helps.

PS: You need to know your PF A/C Number and the code so that you can key in correctly

Thanks man- i did use that link a few weeks back to know the balance. Good to know that a few things are getting easier. Hope the withdrawal is as easy. The guys told that after 21 days will give an ack number so waiting for that.

Is Bombay PF office now connected, can we check the PF online now?

Good news on PF front.

Now all major cities are covered. All PF offices in Maharashtra have PF balance online. Balance available at: EPFO