Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:21   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I guess we could wait for a couple of months and then take further action.
This thread has details in case it it is not processed in that timeframe

PF Account details - Blogs - RTI INDIA
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 15:25   #167
BHPian

Can you withdraw some money from your PF while you're still working for the company? I'm a total noob in this case.
Old 28th December 2011, 18:20   #168
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you can withdraw partial amount. It requires documents to prove "need" for the money. Withdrawals are allowed for things like purchase of house/ payment of home loans/ marriage in family/ Medical expenses etc.

However, do that only if there is no other option. You lose out on tax free accumulation in case of withdrawal.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 20:17   #169
Team-BHP Support

As Netfreak has clarified, partial PF withdrawal is possible, however companies do require you to be there for a minimum period to allow the same. My wife withdrew a part of her PF when we were buying an apartment. In her case, the company mandated that the employee should have been working with them for 5+ years to be eligible for the same.
Old 29th December 2011, 09:31   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As Netfreak has clarified, partial PF withdrawal is possible, however companies do require you to be there for a minimum period to allow the same. My wife withdrew a part of her PF when we were buying an apartment. In her case, the company mandated that the employee should have been working with them for 5+ years to be eligible for the same.
IMHO, PF rules are the same, irrespective of the company. One has to have a PF account for minimum 5 years to be eligible for withdrawal.

There is another facility available in PF - a refundable loan. In this option, you don't loose interest on the amount taken as a loan. But you have to pay interest on the loan amount. All in all, it works out almost like an interest free loan. There are certain restrictions on the maximum amount one can withdraw as a PF loan.

Rohan
Old 11th January 2012, 18:21   #171
BHPian

Dear All,

I require some urgent info regarding Provident Fund withdrawl. I quit my previous company in July, 2011. I have an EPF account with my previous company which i wanted to withdraw. I sent my withdrawl forms to the company in October and they acknowledged the receipt of the same. The HR informed me that they will send the docs to the payroll team for further processing.

In November, i sent an email to HR (as she was the point of contact)asking them whether the payroll has started the processing. No response. From then, i have been pinging them with no response from their side.

I have checked the withdrawl status ionline in EPFO website and no PF withdrawl application is found. I am worried that my PF account will be suspended and i will not be able to withdraw the money.

Please help me out with this. How do i proceed? Can i submit my withdrawl form directly to EPFO?
Old 11th January 2012, 18:51   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post

I require some urgent info regarding Provident Fund withdrawl. I quit my previous company in July, 2011. I have an EPF account with my previous company which i wanted to withdraw. I sent my withdrawl forms to the company in October and they acknowledged the receipt of the same. The HR informed me that they will send the docs to the payroll team for further processing.

In November, i sent an email to HR (as she was the point of contact)asking them whether the payroll has started the processing. No response. From then, i have been pinging them with no response from their side.
Send an email to the HR (previous company) OR call up the HR help desk of the company and share the details of the PF withdrawal form with them and ask them to provide a status. Let them know that you had received an acknowledgment regarding the form receipt.

Companies usually take a months time to validate the pf forms submitted to them and then they forward it to the PF office with the required details.

The PF office issues an acknowledgment once it receives the pf withdrawal form so in case they indicate that the form has been submitted , ask them to send a copy of the acknowledgment which is issues by PF office. This would act as reference for further communication if required with the PF office.

Quote:
I have checked the withdrawl status ionline in EPFO website and no PF withdrawl application is found. I am worried that my PF account will be suspended and i will not be able to withdraw the money.
Not sure if a PF accounts can get suspended this early. I have seen people withdrawing pf a year after leaving the company and did not hear of any issue in these cases.

Quote:
Please help me out with this. How do i proceed? Can i submit my withdrawl form directly to EPFO?
The withdrawal form as far as I know is to be submitted to the company where it is verified by the HR department and then some additional details are filled up by the company hr guys before sending them to the PF office, so I don't think you will be able to submit it directly to EPFO.

Would advise you to try and follow up with the previous company and get the current status from them.

During this time you can also create a case from the EFP website EPFO providing your pf number and check if the withdrawal form has been submitted for this pf number.
SwiftSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 13:12   #173
BHPian

Thanks for responding to my query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
Send an email to the HR (previous company) OR call up the HR help desk of the company and share the details of the PF withdrawal form with them and ask them to provide a status. Let them know that you had received an acknowledgment regarding the form receipt.

Companies usually take a months time to validate the pf forms submitted to them and then they forward it to the PF office with the required details.

The PF office issues an acknowledgment once it receives the pf withdrawal form so in case they indicate that the form has been submitted , ask them to send a copy of the acknowledgment which is issues by PF office. This would act as reference for further communication if required with the PF office.
I have already sent multiple emails to them. When i call the HR, i am informed she is not at her desk. It has been more than 2 months, almost 3 months by mid Jan, since i sent them to forms and receievd an acknowledgement.

Quote:

Would advise you to try and follow up with the previous company and get the current status from them.

During this time you can also create a case from the EFP website EPFO providing your pf number and check if the withdrawal form has been submitted for this pf number.
I have been trying to follow up with the HR but that lady is not responding to my emails. How to know whether the forms have been submitted? I have already checked online at EPFO website and there is no withdrawl application submitted with my PF account number.

Doesnt the company HR have any deadline to submit my withdrawl forms after i sent the completed withdrawl forms to them? Can they take so many mmonths just to submit my withdrawl form to the EPFO?
Old 12th January 2012, 13:38   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to follow up with the HR but that lady is not responding to my emails. How to know whether the forms have been submitted? I have already checked online at EPFO website and there is no withdrawl application submitted with my PF account number.

Doesnt the company HR have any deadline to submit my withdrawl forms after i sent the completed withdrawl forms to them? Can they take so many mmonths just to submit my withdrawl form to the EPFO?
Try and get the direct contact number or email of the HR group from any of the colleagues who still work in the previous organization and have this case escalated by coping some of the senior HRs and provide them with a copy of acknowledgment for their investigation.

The efpo website may not always be updated and since you are not sure if the form was submitted to them you can try the following:
You can register a grievance at Home Page by providing you pf number and mention that you have not yet received the amount. In they have not yet received the form they would inform you the same and if it was submitted to them you would get the status.
SwiftSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 13:10   #175
BHPian

I went to my previous office directly and talked to the HR. She was kinda shocked to see me there but i was very annoyed with her behavior. I made sure that she sent an email to payroll that i have subitted my docs and mark a copy to me. Half a day wasted but got the work done

How can the HR be so irresponsible? Beats me.. but anyways, i am no longer with that company

Quote:
Try and get the direct contact number or email of the HR group from any of the colleagues who still work in the previous organization and have this case escalated by coping some of the senior HRs and provide them with a copy of acknowledgment for their investigation.

The efpo website may not always be updated and since you are not sure if the form was submitted to them you can try the following:
You can register a grievance at Home Page by providing you pf number and mention that you have not yet received the amount. In they have not yet received the form they would inform you the same and if it was submitted to them you would get the status.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:02   #176
BANNED

I have a very Old PF account - it's a 11 year old account. The company no longer exists. What do I do to withdraw the money?

The amount 11 years back was around 20000.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:48   #177
BANNED

@carboy - If the company is same place as you currently live - things are easy - visit the EPFO office. They will help you.

I had recently referred somebody to visit the EPFO (Ernakulam), and was in for utter shock. ;-D They gave the relevant forms, and gave (very limited) info on how to fill them up. ANd once the form was submitted, the person was being updated over SMS on the status of the application.

I guess you will not be earning interest anyway, so you may be better off withdrawing the amount.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:54   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My wife was working in a company in Pune. She left her job and applied for PF refund. It has been more than 10 months, but the amount has not been credited to her bank account.

Rohan
Update : My wife finally received the PF refund.

My wife had resigned from her previous job and applied for PF refund just before our wedding. The PF department took more than 12 months to process the request.

We received the PF refund roughly around our first wedding anniversary. They refunded our money as an anniversary gift.

Rohan
Old 15th March 2012, 13:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Update : My wife finally received the PF refund.

My wife had resigned from her previous job and applied for PF refund just before our wedding. The PF department took more than 12 months to process the request.

We received the PF refund roughly around our first wedding anniversary. They refunded our money as an anniversary gift.

Rohan

12 months to process!! Is this the same in every case? I was expecting my refund a little earlier :(
Old 15th March 2012, 13:50   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
12 months to process!! Is this the same in every case? I was expecting my refund a little earlier :(
I'm not sure, but other members on this thread have also mentioned that 6-18 months is the normal time taken to receive PF refund.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks