Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 22:25   #1156
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
For second, check your Father's name in UAN, old employer PF account and new employer PF account. All should match. Add snapshot to the grievance if it allows attachment.
On EPFO portal, I can see my father name under "View -> Profile". How do I see the same as to what is registered with my precious employer and current employer?

Any chance they are comparing the father's name in EPFO portal and PAN card? Because that does differ.
If in EPFO it is "Rahul H Sharma", in PAN it is "Rahul Hariram Sharma". I really doubt they are checking the one on PAN.

Last edited by raksrules : 20th May 2022 at 22:35.
Old 25th May 2022, 13:09   #1157
BHPian

Further to my above comments, I raised grievance with the EPFO office and they have closed the grievance with below message...

Quote:
With reference to above cited subject, it is to inform that, your transfer out claim has been rejected due to following reason: The members PF wages are more than Rs 15,000/- and date of joining is after 01/09/2014. Hence member is not eligible for EPS 95 pension scheme membership (as per Gazette notification no GSR 609(E) dated 29/08/2014). Hence if you have any previous service prior to 01/09/2014, provide annexure k from respective PF office to add the service to current PF account and after addition of previous service details, resubmit the transfer claim. Please contact your employer for more information regarding the same. This is for your kind information.
Now one reason I think this has happened as my first org with whom I was working since 2005 was exempt so they didn't maintain PF with EPFO. Then my 2nd org where I started working in 2019 was also exempt (at that time) and hence they too maintained PF. But in Jul 2021, they decided to become "Non Exempt" and they transferred entire amount to EPFO.
Is this the reason that EPFO office is asking previous org's annexure K to validate my service start date is indeed before 2014?

If yes, then who should I submit the Annexure K (I have it with me), to EPFO office or my previous employer? This part is not clear from the reply.
Old 25th May 2022, 16:09   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Further to my above comments, I raised grievance with the EPFO office and they have closed the grievance with below message...
I am also facing the same issue for transferring PF from non-exempt organization to current exempt (own PF trust) organization. The same reason was given by PF office.
Not sure how to resolve it, maybe need to visit the PF office & ask for more details.
Old 25th May 2022, 16:44   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I am also facing the same issue for transferring PF from non-exempt organization to current exempt (own PF trust) organization. The same reason was given by PF office.
Not sure how to resolve it, maybe need to visit the PF office & ask for more details.
I called the number in the grievance and they told me that I need to submit Annexure K of my previous org where I started job before 2014. They told I can submit it through a new grievance or email the id given in the same.
So I have sent that email right now and hopefully they will update the details. I hope they fix this and then I can raise new PF Transfer claim.
Old 25th May 2022, 19:10   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
If yes, then who should I submit the Annexure K (I have it with me), to EPFO office or my previous employer? This part is not clear from the reply.
Problem is that EPFO do not have records for your Old PF contribution details Prior to 2014. All new enrollments post 2014 are not eligible for EPS 95 pension scheme if basic is more than 15000. Pretty archaic rule IMO since 15000 basic is peanuts in 2022. Basically govt is pushing people to adopt NPS in big way for their retirement needs.

They need your contributions prior to 2014 so that you do not loose out on your Pension benefits.

Quote:
I am also facing the same issue for transferring PF from non-exempt organization to current exempt (own PF trust) organization. .
Raise a grievance in EPFO portal against PF office where your PF was held & ask for annexure K. Since yours was non-exempt, EPFO should provide you Annexure K. It is important that both Pension & PF services are transferred to new Org for sake of continuity else you loose out on pension benefit despite contribution.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 25th May 2022 at 19:14. Reason: adding quote
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 20:20   #1161
BHPian

Quote:

Now one reason I think this has happened as my first org with whom I was working since 2005 was exempt so they didn't maintain PF with EPFO. Then my 2nd org where I started working in 2019 was also exempt (at that time) and hence they too maintained PF. But in Jul 2021, they decided to become "Non Exempt" and they transferred entire amount to EPFO.
Is this the reason that EPFO office is asking previous org's annexure K to validate my service start date is indeed before 2014?

You have joined service before 2014. So you are eligible for EPS95. In your first company they would have deducted money for EPS and paid to PF office because pension part is not handled by trust but by EPFO. Check your old payslip. Have you transferred your first employer PF to your second employer in 2019? If you have done, they would have transferred the PF money and given annexure K or service scheme certificate to second employer. Now you are transferring from second employer to third one the second employer will give annexure K. When you select them for verification they will upload it to EPFO.

Even with digitization, the PF still has issues with trust and non trust transfers and don't know what is stopping them to streamline it
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 12:17   #1162
Senior - BHPian

The bad news continue.

The govt has approved a EPF rate of 8.1% for the year 2022 down from 8.5% for the previous year. Dont understand the logic. This is basically the retirement corpus for millions of salaried people. With inflation also at an high, such a move is going to dampen the common man's spirits.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/91990362.cms

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/91989431.cms
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 08:42   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...Dont understand the logic...]
The logic is right there in the article you mentioned. Had they given 8.5%, they would have had a deficit of Rs. 3500 crores (which basically means eating away the corpus which is a bad financial practice).

With 8.1% they have a surplus of Rs.450 crores.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 17:56   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Raise a grievance in EPFO portal against PF office where your PF was held & ask for annexure K. Since yours was non-exempt, EPFO should provide you Annexure K. It is important that both Pension & PF services are transferred to new Org for sake of continuity else you loose out on pension benefit despite contribution.
Thanks, I had raised a grievance with the PF office where transfer is withheld & shared the Annexure K received from organization I worked before 2014, they responded saying that I need to share the Annexure K for the Pension (EPS). Now I need to figure out how to get this?
Old 6th June 2022, 19:13   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I had raised a grievance with the PF office where transfer is withheld & shared the Annexure K received from organization I worked before 2014, they responded saying that I need to share the Annexure K for the Pension (EPS). Now I need to figure out how to get this?
AFAIK, even for Trusts, EPS is held with EPFO only. Please check your old payslips, they would have mentioned 2 numbers. One is Trust PF number and the other is EPFO Pension PF number. Please take that EPFO Pension PF number and provide it to EPFO. In my transfer form, I just mentioned it and the claim was successfully transferred.
Old 6th June 2022, 19:17   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, even for Trusts, EPS is held with EPFO only. Please check your old payslips, they would have mentioned 2 numbers. One is Trust PF number and the other is EPFO Pension PF number. Please take that EPFO Pension PF number and provide it to EPFO. In my transfer form, I just mentioned it and the claim was successfully transferred.
I have the EPS A/c No, but they are asking for Annexure K for EPS(Pension) from previous organization.
Old 6th June 2022, 19:46   #1167
Senior - BHPian

^^ Even for exempted trusts, the EPS portion should be remitted to the EPFO. There is no choice. When an employee changes employers, the existing PF and EPS account numbers should be communicated to the new employer and in turn by them to the EPFO, and the balances of both accounts should be brought forward to the new accounts for continuity.

As an additional info, apart from voluntary reasons, if a company declares losses for a specified number of years (five if I remember right) the PF Trust will cease to exist and the funds should be handed over to the EPFO. Thereafter there will be no taking it back, even if the company becomes profitable.
Old 7th June 2022, 10:39   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
I have the EPS A/c No, but they are asking for Annexure K for EPS(Pension) from previous organization.
Annexure K can be provided only by organizations. If you have chosen the verification by previous employer (Exempted trust), they can upload it directly in EPFO against the request and complete this. What is the response of your previous employer?
Old 7th June 2022, 17:33   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Annexure K can be provided only by organizations. If you have chosen the verification by previous employer (Exempted trust), they can upload it directly in EPFO against the request and complete this. What is the response of your previous employer?
Previous employer had shared the Annexure K for PF, now I have asked them to share the same for EPS (Pension), but I feel the EPF office (of previous employer) need to share the Annexure K for EPS.
Old 14th June 2022, 20:26   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Did they credit last year's interest early? Anyone else got?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks