Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 00:08   #106
BHPian

re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

I need some advise. I have been working for the last six years but am quiting to peruse a full time one year course.

I'm not sure if I should withdraw my PF or let it lie dormant for one year and then try to transfer it to my future employer? Please share your views. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2011, 00:21   #107
BHPian

6 years would be a handsome amount. IMO unless you have a good investment plan/thought in mind do not withdraw.

also other details like planned big purchases/marriage/family would influence the decision.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:11   #108
BANNED

I would vote for sticking to the existing account till you stop working (50+ years of age). As somebody responded to this statement earlier, I really cannot comment on the processes, levels of corruption, etc in the future. Right now, you have a very risk-free and secure investment, which earns above average rate of returns.

Additionally, longer duration of account's existence means higher possible pension in future when you retire.

Only govt. bonds offer equivalent level of security; and they are still subject to attachment in case you go bankrupt. (a remote possibility, given the defunct legal system; but still a possibility).
Old 14th April 2011, 14:54   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
6 years would be a handsome amount. IMO unless you have a good investment plan/thought in mind do not withdraw.
Thanks, I need to clarify a couple of things though - does the account still earn interest while I'm not contributing (earning) ?

The only thing making me want to withdraw is that I am young (below 30) with minimal financial commitments so I prefer riskier investment options with higher potential returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Only govt. bonds offer equivalent level of security; and they are still subject to attachment in case you go bankrupt. (a remote possibility, given the defunct legal system; but still a possibility).
True. Not too a remote possibility and I hadn't considered this point. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:31   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Guys, I need some help. I quit my job last year, and applied for withdrawal (in March 2010). However, I haven't heard anything from epf office, and my company has already made the application. I can see my balance till Mar 2010 online, however, the claim status hasn't updated in a year. It still shows "your claim hasn't reached ..". Should I get a lawyer or file an FIR? How does this work?
I really need the money now as I am back to being a student
What is the site to check the PF balance? I am not aware of one.
Old 16th April 2011, 12:14   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
does the account still earn interest while I'm not contributing (earning) ?
It would have for so far. But of late there is a rule that all accounts will stop receiving interest benefits after 3 yrs of non contribution. Not sure if thats enforced though.
Old 17th April 2011, 22:21   #112
BHPian

Reposting .
I'm in a situation now.
I applied for PF transfer and it's still under process as per current company's HR department.
Now i'll be joining another company within 2 months and i'm thinking of withdraw all PF.
Lets say in old company i had 50K and current company i've 50K, i need to withdraw all 1 Lac amount, however since PF transfer is not done, not sure what will happen.

Waiting for expert suggestions.
Old 18th April 2011, 21:34   #113
BANNED

ajasm AFAICT, you will get a new a/c number, so you will need to wait till the transfer happens to submit the withdrawal application.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:21   #114
Senior - BHPian

Got a reply to my enquiry with a previous employer and this is what they had to say. "Employees who are applying for PF withdrawal after 3 years from the date of leaving may have to attach an indemnity bond with the claim forms as mandatory requirement, hence we request you attach the same with the forms".

I am not sure of what this indemnity bond is and how to get one. I have sent a reply to this company and awaiting a reply. i have done a search on the internet and some updates say that we will need to get a letter from a notary public mentioning these details etc. But is there a format that I can follow? Has anyone done this before? Please help.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:30   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Got a reply to my enquiry with a previous employer and this is what they had to say. "Employees who are applying for PF withdrawal after 3 years from the date of leaving may have to attach an indemnity bond with the claim forms as mandatory requirement, hence we request you attach the same with the forms".

I am not sure of what this indemnity bond is and how to get one. I have sent a reply to this company and awaiting a reply. i have done a search on the internet and some updates say that we will need to get a letter from a notary public mentioning these details etc. But is there a format that I can follow? Has anyone done this before? Please help.
Its just a written confirmation of withdrawal application, on a stamp paper (according to my friend working in EPF office).

You can get the format available with the previous employer or any nearby PF office.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 19:35   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Its just a written confirmation of withdrawal application, on a stamp paper (according to my friend working in EPF office).

You can get the format available with the previous employer or any nearby PF office.
Thanks for that info! Will await to see if ex-employer provides this format or I will try and get it from somewhere...
Old 14th June 2011, 10:33   #117
BHPian

I recently change my job and wanted to transfer my PF, So basically do I need to submit only Form13 to my new employer or do i have to get some forms signed from my previous employer? My current employer is saying i have to get a form (enclosure to form 10A,10C,10D to be filled in by the employer,Employee's pension scheme 1995) signed from my previous employer.I searched the net and could not find anything like this.Help is much appreciated.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:07   #118
BANNED

My first instinct will be to hold it. However, it will also depend on the dynamics of the whole thing.
Old 14th June 2011, 13:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I recently change my job and wanted to transfer my PF, So basically do I need to submit only Form13 to my new employer or do i have to get some forms signed from my previous employer?
For PF, you need to submit form to new employer. But for EPS (part of PF) you have to route it through previous employer.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:06   #120
Team-BHP Support

FYI...

PF Balances are now available via sms online - EPFO
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed