Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 16:44   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Filed a grievance through pgportal, wrote a mail to the Central PF commissioner, and filed a RTI application today. Let's see what happens out of all this.
Success at last

Based on my complaint on pgportal, I received a phone call from the Regional Office Bangalore a short while ago stating that my PF has been transferred. Although given my experience with the PF department based on my online complaints, I'll really need something in writing from them that yes, it's been transferred - they told me on the phone that I can visit their office anytime and see the details.

My RTI application will take some time for them to respond to I guess.

Morale of the story : keep following up with govt departments, never give up hope. Use the mechanism that the system provides , such as RTI. I was also contemplating writing the to the EPFO Central Board of Trustees, and finally approaching the Consumer Court if nothing worked out.
Old 14th January 2014, 04:29   #302
BHPian

EPFO Approves raising Provident Fund Interest rate to 8.75% from 8.50%.

For more information, please see the below link.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/28735413.cms
Old 15th January 2014, 12:35   #303
Senior - BHPian

For those interested in details , take a look at http://www.epfindia.com/EPFO_RulesRe...AP_PartIIA.pdf - specifically page 170 on how a PF transfer case is handled.

If you run into problems with a PF transfer between 2 PF offices , as in my case, you can file a RTI application asking for the details ( eg certified copy of transfer out register, withdrawal register, copy of Regd Post Ack from transferor office, annexure-K , etc ) . If you know the details, you can ask for specific information and find out where things got stuck.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:55   #304
BHPian

Quote:
For those interested in details , take a look at http://www.epfindia.com/EPFO_RulesRe...AP_PartIIA.pdf - specifically page 170 on how a PF transfer case is handled.

If you run into problems with a PF transfer between 2 PF offices , as in my case, you can file a RTI application asking for the details ( eg certified copy of transfer out register, withdrawal register, copy of Regd Post Ack from transferor office, annexure-K , etc ) . If you know the details, you can ask for specific information and find out where things got stuck.
Wonderful . Just what doctor ordered for me.

Perhaps you are best to advice. my PF transfer was done some 4 years back but till date i have never seen a evidence of the said transfer.

For Me biggest problem is that PF Office is in Chennai , I am working in NCR and Previous employer PF Office was in Pune .

Where Do i file the RTI now . Can I file a RTI Online . I am sure PF Office in Delhi won;t accept a RTI for Chennai Office & it;s Useless for me to travel to Chennai just for filling a RTI .
Old 15th January 2014, 13:30   #305
Senior - BHPian

You don't need to travel anywhere.

The easiest way to file an RTI application is visiting the nearest post office, attach requisite postal order ( usually Rs 10 /- unless your're asking for additional information for which you need to attach additional postal orders ), and send it by speed post or regd post ack due.

If a transfer has been rejected for any reason, the PF department should've also informed you.

For a transfer case, there are 2 PF offices involved. So send a RTI application to both offices involved, and ask for specific questions and certified copies of documents.

Do some googling with "EPF RTI" and you'll find numerous examples , one such example is http://www.myfaridabad.in/forum/file...tus-t1577.html

My RTI application worked very well and I received a call from the PF office and the transfer was settled in days.

When settling a 4yr old transfer, make sure that you don't lose out on the interest for the last 4 years also.

List of PIOs for EPFO are in http://www.epfindia.com/rti_officers.html

Last edited by sdp1975 : 15th January 2014 at 13:32.
Old 15th January 2014, 13:35   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
For Me biggest problem is that PF Office is in Chennai , I am working in NCR and Previous employer PF Office was in Pune .

Where Do i file the RTI now . Can I file a RTI Online . I am sure PF Office in Delhi won;t accept a RTI for Chennai Office & it;s Useless for me to travel to Chennai just for filling a RTI .
You have to first file RTI at Pune office and ask the status of the transfer, on what date it was transferred etc. If they have transfered, then file a second RTI with the Chennai office mentioning details given by Pune office on the transfer.
You can send it by Registered Post. No need to go in person.
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:49   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I smell something fishy here.

I had initiated a PF transfer of one of my previous companies into my current account. Yesterday I saw this amount reflecting in my ePassbook as follows:

Employee Share: Rs.21,200
Employer Share: Rs.12,008
Diverted to Pension Fund: Rs.0
As of now, my pension fund has got some Rs.31,000. I fear this money will vanish when I switch my job and initiate a PF transfer.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I get these Rs.9,000 and the interest money back?
Have you received any clarification on the "Diverted to Pension Fund" being 0 part ?

That's how it appears on my PF statement for the transfer from my previous company.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 3rd February 2014 at 14:50.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:47   #308
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Have you received any clarification on the "Diverted to Pension Fund" being 0 part ?

That's how it appears on my PF statement for the transfer from my previous company.
Haven't had time to follow it up yet.

But someone tells me that I need to fill form 10C and submit at my office. Not really sure.
Old 9th April 2014, 18:37   #309
BHPian

My epassbook on http://members.epfoservices.in shows last updated in January 2013. Since then I also did a PF tranfer (Gave cheque to my employer). Is there a way to get latest statement ?
Old 7th May 2014, 21:40   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
My epassbook on http://members.epfoservices.in shows last updated in January 2013. Since then I also did a PF tranfer (Gave cheque to my employer). Is there a way to get latest statement ?
I am facing similar issues. I have read that interest on PF continues for 3 years. I dont see interest payments for last 2 years.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:49   #311
BHPian

I was employed with my previous company from Aug 2012 to Feb 2014. I have now joined a new company and have given PF withdrawal to my old company. I have the following questions:

1. Do i need to give any reason for withdrawing within 5 years?
2. What is the tax liability? Is it deduced at source?
3. How soon can i get it? The company has a trust maintain where all PF is handled. Only EPS scheme of the govt is used.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:47   #312
Senior - BHPian

^^^
1. When changing jobs, that is reason enough IMO to withdraw.
2. AFAIK there is no tax liability/deduction on PF
3. Usually in 30days or so.

Having said that, given that PF is a saving for the future, instead of withdrawing the accrued amount on changing jobs, it would be prudent to have it transferred to the new company.
Old 8th May 2014, 17:06   #313
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
I smell something fishy here.

I had initiated a PF transfer of one of my previous companies into my current account. Yesterday I saw this amount reflecting in my ePassbook as follows:

Employee Share: Rs.21,200
Employer Share: Rs.12,008
Diverted to Pension Fund: Rs.0

Where have these Rs.9,000 gone? As per my understanding, the Employee and Employer contributions must be equal. If not, the difference should atleast reflect in the pension fund. Also, there is no entry pertaining to the interest earned on this money.

As of now, my pension fund has got some Rs.31,000. I fear this money will vanish when I switch my job and initiate a PF transfer.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do I get these Rs.9,000 and the interest money back?

Is there a way I can just fill up the Form 10C and withdraw the pension fund, and keep the Employee/Employer contributions as it is in my PF account?
Quote:

I am still looking for concrete information on this. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Oxy : 8th May 2014 at 17:16.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:28   #314
BHPian

Quote:
My understanding is that, pension funds in private sector is very specific to each company. Company tie up with some insurance companies who also run pension schemes (such as ICICI Prudential) and provide a pension scheme to employees (usually from a certain grade onwards). Employer remmits a certain % of employee's basic salary to the pension fund. Most of the times,there will be some caveats like if the employee quit before completing 5yrs of employment, the employee looses the accumulated amount.

Do you know the details of this pension scheme? You may have to check with out old HR.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:39   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Did you give a speparate form for Pension amount also to be transferred to EPFO office? If not give it then only pension amount gets transferred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks