Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 08:05   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
You can ask your previous employer to supply you with the UAN. Once you have that, it should be simple to initiate a PF transfer online. What makes you think it'll take years?
Thanks Naresh !
I have sent an email to my previous employer to provide me the UAN.

Once I get it, will see if I can initiate a PF transfer online.
With paperwork (like Form 19, Form 10C and Cancelled cheques) it takes upto 1-2 years. That is what I have been reading and personally told.
Colleagues and acquaintances have said that withdrawal is quicker and simpler.
Old 20th February 2015, 08:47   #362
BHPian

Nowadays PF transfer is done online and after activating UAN transfer is not even needed.
Secondly, PF is more financially sound than FD. IMHO you are better off not withdrawing.
Old 20th February 2015, 10:36   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
Nowadays PF transfer is done online and after activating UAN transfer is not even needed.
Secondly, PF is more financially sound than FD. IMHO you are better off not withdrawing.
So, I just now checked on the EPFO website if any UAN is allotted to my previous PF account.
It shows that UAN is not allotted.
This means that mostly my previous employer did not create an UAN for my PF account.
It gives me an option to open a new UAN immediately. I am still waiting for my previous employer's response. Is it worth the wait, or i can be assured that the previous employer has not opened an UAN for me ?

If I open a new UAN now, is there some sort of KYCs' that I need to submit ?

I am new to this UAN thing.
I read through a couple of online documents and got the below information. Please correct my understanding.
- The UAN is a single account number under which multiple PF account numbers can be tagged ?
- So, if I need to see all my PF account number with various employers, I just need to login to my UAN ?
- This will enable me to withdraw / transfer PF from one PF account to another (different employers) ??
Old 20th February 2015, 11:54   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
+1. Interest on FDs are taxable whereas the interest earned on PF is tax free. Withdrawal of PF is taxable is the duration is less than 5 years.

PF has given consistently good returns over the years. See http://www.epfindia.com/sites/pdf/In...sSince1952.pdf . I would strongly advise on a transfer.
Old 20th February 2015, 20:24   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
So, I just now checked on the EPFO website if any UAN is allotted to my previous PF account.

I am new to this UAN thing.
I read through a couple of online documents and got the below information. Please correct my understanding.
- The UAN is a single account number under which multiple PF account numbers can be tagged ?
- So, if I need to see all my PF account number with various employers, I just need to login to my UAN ?
- This will enable me to withdraw / transfer PF from one PF account to another (different employers) ??
Are you currently working somewhere? If Yes, and if the organization is deducting PF from your compensation, then the employer is liable to open the UAN account for you. No action required on your end. Please speak to the Payroll POC/HR Manager.
Old 21st February 2015, 00:19   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Please correct my understanding.
You are correct regarding UAN. No need to wait for your previous employer.

If you are PF member currently your UAN must have been generated by EPFO when your employer deposited your PF contribution for the first time.

Your employer can download it through his employer portal on EPFO website. Then, your employer needs to upload your KYC details such as bank a/c no., aadhar no., etc on EPFO website and digitally approve them. Thereafter you can log in through member portal on EPFO website and upload your previous PF a/c no. It will get linked to your UAN & you don't need to transfer any money.

For further info you may visit UAN Services link on EPFO website: www.epfindia.gov.in
Old 24th March 2015, 12:38   #367
BHPian

Dear all,
I really need your advise to proceed further.

I'm going to purchase a plot near to my home, it costs around 3.3 lacs. I'm not in a position to go for any loan or something else. Hence, I'm planning to apply a PF loan to buy this plot(there's a urgency to do that).

My questions below as no one is able to helped with the proper answers, hence landed here.

PF loan should be requested only for the full amount of that plot of partial? For example, if the plot value is 4.50 lacs and I apply for only 3.50 lacs for PF loan, will it cause an issue?

Because, the registration may happen some under value (around 3.80 lacs) only. Will i get a problem later because of the over value?

Also, the plot owner urges me to close the deal asap and he agreed to do registration now and get the money from me once PF loan sanctioned. is this fine? or registration should be done after getting PF loan?

Kindly help me with your suggestions, at this point i've no other way to touch the PF (i know it's not recommended, but decided to go)

Last edited by Jebs : 24th March 2015 at 12:41.
Old 1st April 2015, 09:26   #368
Senior - BHPian

It appears this govt is forcing EPFO to route 5% of our retirement money in the stock markets to jump start the economy. Couldn't they find another source ?
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/Zt1...ck-market.html

Last edited by sdp1975 : 1st April 2015 at 09:27.
Old 17th June 2015, 15:53   #369
BHPian

Dear all,
I recently shifted companies (in Sep '14). As per the norms, applied for a PF transfer sometime in Nov '14. Since both organizations were maintaining trusts, only online transfer claims were allowed.

All approvals were in place by end of Dec '14.
From then, the status has been 'Transit between EPFO Out and In Office'.

Would anyone know how long does it usually take for PF transfers?

Since its almost 6 months, I raised a grievance through http://epfigms.gov.in/

Atleast the notification systems are functioning well . The acknowledgment SMS came the very next second.

Hoping for a resolution, if not quick.

-John
Old 18th June 2015, 18:13   #370
Oxy
BHPian

Can't we create the UAN ourselves on the EPFO website any more?

I was able to do it a couple of months ago. Here's the process:

http://www.planmoneytax.com/generate-uan-number/
Old 18th June 2015, 20:33   #371
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A rather late update.
After mulling over whether to transfer my PF or not and then not taking any action (was lazy enough to think that I have 3 years time before the account will stop earning interest ), I finally got it done!
I initiated the transfer online by filling out the form and at the end of the process, it asked to print the form and submit to previous employer. I went over to the previous employer and submitted the form and it was transferred to current PF account in about 10-15 days. No hassles and seamless, the whole thing worked like a charm
And received SMS updates right through the transfer process. The last one was confusing enough since it said the application has been approved for payment through cheque when I'd opted for transfer to present PF account!

Last edited by NPV : 18th June 2015 at 20:45.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:42   #372
BHPian

The EPFO has opened a help desk specially for inoperative accounts (any account which doesn't receive any deposits for more than 36 months). Apparently, Rs.27,000 Crores are lying unclaimed in such accounts.

It asks for the summary of your issue. Then, in the next page, it is asking for all the details that we need to provide in Form-13 and some KYC related inputs. You can track the requests in the same portal and the helpdesk's responses also can be seen under your request. My requests were closed the same day, even though their responses in my case were not satisfactory, I have opened further tickets.

http://59.180.231.60:9091/INOPHelpDesk/
Old 17th July 2015, 19:53   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
The EPFO has opened a help desk specially for inoperative accounts (any account which doesn't receive any deposits for more than 36 months).
It asks for the summary of your issue. Then, in the next page, it is asking for all the details that we need to provide in Form-13 and some KYC related inputs. You can track the requests in the same portal and the helpdesk's responses also can be seen under your request. My requests were closed the same day, even though their responses in my case were not satisfactory, I have opened further tickets.

I would be extremely vary of putting in confidential information on a site which has ip address in its url & no name. What is the authenticity of this this link?

EDIT, I clciked on some links & its doesnt seem to be genuine as the carausal on top on this site http://59.180.231.60:9091/DashboardHelpdeskNew/ seems to have various images for helpdesk from net.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th July 2015 at 19:56.
Old 17th July 2015, 20:36   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
What is the authenticity of this this link?
This link is provided in the EPFO Website. The link is highlighted in this screenshot taken from the EPF website http://www.epfindia.com/
The "Provident Fund" Thread-epfiohelp.png
Old 17th July 2015, 22:15   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
The EPFO has opened a help desk specially for inoperative accounts (any account which doesn't receive any deposits for more than 36 months). Apparently, Rs.27,000 Crores are lying unclaimed in such accounts.
Thanks for this information. (Dang, where's the "thanks" button when you need it?). I've been trying to track down my "inoperative" account - which between the EPF bureaucracy and the "We're doing you a favor" types at ex-employer and AON Hewitt - are enough to put your EPF recovery urge off for months on end, this looks to be a ray of hope...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks