Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 10:51   #496
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you escalate to honda or maruti senior management immediately when you have a minor issue at a dealer? Same thing.
Agree but when you are sitting up in north India and your PF account is in Pune & Chennai, do not think i have much options other than to file a RTI.
Old 8th February 2017, 11:35   #497
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic , but my experience in dealing with the PF officials through their online complaint system has been very poor.

Several years ago , I had submitted forms to transfer my PF amount between the KR Puram and the Bangalore RO offices. Later when I found that the amount had not been transferred, I opened a complaint with the KR Puram office. They were very prompt in responding and replied saying that they had sent their documentation to Bangalore RO ( where my new company maintained the PF account ). They even provided me with annexture 'K' , that had the transfer details. I then opened another complaint with the destination PF office . They simply closed the complaint saying that they would transfer the amount only after receiving the documents that they haven't received yet. They made absolutely no efforts to have the transfer effected even though I had provided them with the information I got from the KR Puram office. I opened a second complaint and that too was closed. At last I sent a RTI query to the destination PF office, and they called me saying that the amount had been transferred !

I've seen this with government organizations - and most of them have an online grievance system these days - they're more interested in closing the problems rather then resolving it. At the year end they say with a big smile - 96% problems resolved.

I'm facing another problem now with a government health insurance company that didn't approve part of my mom's surgery. I lodged a complaint with them and there's no response for over 3 weeks. IRDA guidelines say that complaints must be resolved in 15 days. I filed a RTI application last week and am waiting for their response.

In all cases that I've had to use the RTI, the regular complaint channels failed miserably, and I was always forced to use RTI . This really shows the poor service levels in India that gave birth to the RTI and the Consumer Protection Acts.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 8th February 2017 at 11:59.
Old 8th February 2017, 19:51   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Agree but when you are sitting up in north India and your PF account is in Pune & Chennai, do not think i have much options other than to file a RTI.
Please use the regular channel first. That call center. And approach your current PF office which should be local to you.
Old 13th February 2017, 11:12   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Many might be aware of this already, still posting for those who aren't; PF SMS alert facility to check PF balance has been started
I wasn't aware of this, thank you. Much more convenient for quick checks than logging in to the portal, which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Is the portal operational ?
I have been trying to login to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/
First I used to get a 'SQL error'. Tried again today and got a 'Connection failed' error. Is it working for anyone else ?
... is still down today (13-Feb), I just get a connection timeout after the browser spins its wheels for some time.

Whenever you take other online services (webmail, etc.) for granted, it requires a visit to one of these sites to bring you back to reality
Old 19th February 2017, 22:23   #500
Senior - BHPian

Can someone guide me how to access my Provident Fund account online? I have UAN from my organisation.
Old 19th February 2017, 22:38   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Can someone guide me how to access my Provident Fund account online? I have UAN from my organisation.
For UAN Services Please visit : https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in for a lot of details on uan

View balance passbook and other employee services at
https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/
Old 19th February 2017, 22:49   #502
BHPian

Some good news coming:

Online EPF withdrawal, pension fixation to be a reality by May
Old 20th February 2017, 16:38   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Logging in at the employee/member homepage ( https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/ ) works today.

However, attempting to download the passbook just gives an error: "To be made available soon".

More annoyingly, when I tried to add my Aadhaar number under the KYC section, it gives an error "Unexpected error occured. Error at the time of AADHAAR authentication."

At the moment, the only thing that can be done on the site is to view and download the UAN card.
Old 20th February 2017, 19:39   #504
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard from the PF desk that if one already has a UAN from the previous organization and wants to transfer PF to the new PF account (new/current employer), if the "auto transfer" does not happen within 3 months, they will request for & create a new UAN

I thought the whole idea is to just tag/move the new PF account under the existing UAN and be done with the "transfer" process, but this seems to defeat the very purpose of UAN.

When probed further, the answer was that due to the constraints of the recent migration of the portal & back end data, it may be necessary in certain cases to create a new UAN!

Anyone else heard or faced such a thing ?
Old 28th February 2017, 18:20   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Heard from the PF desk that if one already has a UAN from the previous organization and wants to transfer PF to the new PF account (new/current employer), if the "auto transfer" does not happen within 3 months, they will request for & create a new UAN

Anyone else heard or faced such a thing ?
How come PF Office says something & nobody is affected. Unfortunately above is true . I switched job in April 16 and duly requested my employer for PF transfer. They even took my UAN number as well & i was happy about until today afternoon.

Apparently my new employer have given me a new UAN number as well. Now i have 2 UAN numbers & I have no clue what to do with both of them. clearly transfer did not happened & they never bothered to inform me the status of it . I have requested my HR to correct it but given my experience so far, i am not much hopeful.

What are the option for me in above case. I do not wish to withdraw the PF amount yet & new UAN portal do not have any functionality like old one via which i might have initiated a transfer myself. I wonder why they are always trying to fix some thing which is't broken in first place.
Old 28th February 2017, 18:30   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
What are the option for me in above case. I do not wish to withdraw the PF amount yet & new UAN portal do not have any functionality like old one via which i might have initiated a transfer myself. I wonder why they are always trying to fix some thing which is't broken in first place.
This form probably works fine for the purpose.

http://oeoea.epfoservices.com/UANDEDUP/

Worst comes to worst go to your current PF office with a copy of both payslips if the above method fails and they should be able to help you.
Old 28th February 2017, 18:41   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This form probably works fine for the purpose.

http://oeoea.epfoservices.com/UANDEDUP/

Worst comes to worst go to your current PF office with a copy of both payslips if the above method fails and they should be able to help you.
Thank you sir. Going to PF office is a option but i am in NCR and my earlier PF trust was in Chennai. Add to that my existing PF is held under a private trust run by my organization.

Given the above, do you think this will work.
Old 28th February 2017, 18:52   #508
Senior - BHPian

There should not be any major issue as both are compatible with UAN. Frankly I am not sure a duplicate UAN issue can be resolved that fast between a private trust and EPFO using the online form, but still try.

If the PF is a significant amount I would suggest that you take a quick flight to Chennai and see what can be done, if your current HR (which maintains your private PF) isn't helpful. Should totally be worth the time spent. Prepare to spend 2..3 days as they aren't completely free from the "come tomorrow" syndrome, being a govt office, but their enquiry counters usually respond helpfully to polite enquiries.
Old 6th March 2017, 11:01   #509
BHPian

Update KYC in EPF online

Hi,

Did anyone update the KYC details online for EPF ?

Have been trying to seed Aadhar number, but have been receiving authentication error.

Wondering if anyone faced the issues
Old 6th March 2017, 11:20   #510
Senior - BHPian

Is there any spelling variation between your aadhaar card details and your PF details? Name, address etc etc. That may explain it. Or a different mobile number for the two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks