Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 18:15   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

The member portal is working now. I can see all my new KYC details under the 'pending verification' group box. However, the passport is not available for download. Instead, they have given a link to another url from where it can be downloaded.
Old 28th March 2017, 18:24   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Instead, they have given a link to another url from where it can be downloaded.
As expected, the new link does not work :-)
Old 28th March 2017, 19:57   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
As expected, the new link does not work :-)
The new link works fine sort of. Unfortunately it only lets me download the passbook from my previous job that I quit some years back, rather than the current job, though both are linked under the same UAN.
Old 28th March 2017, 21:05   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The new link works fine sort of. Unfortunately it only lets me download the passbook from my previous job that I quit some years back, rather than the current job, though both are linked under the same UAN.
The new link goes to http://112.133.230.60:9098/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
but the page just hangs there. Tried from office and home, both. Must be bad timing in my case.
Old 28th March 2017, 21:54   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
The new link goes to http://112.133.230.60:9098/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
but the page just hangs there. Tried from office and home, both. Must be bad timing in my case.
It worked for me before my prior post and I was able to download my passbook. In my case there are no entries since Dec 2015 as I've left my job then and am into independent consulting since then. I used Google Chrome browser.
Old 30th March 2017, 13:39   #531
Senior - BHPian

I have a question on verification of KYC forms. Once a member submits details of KYC documents on the UAN portal, who carries out the verification?

I am asking because the 4 documents i submitted a month ago are still pending verification. The ones already verified were submitted more than a year ago when i was in employment.

This is leading me to believe that the employer does the verification, and not the PF authorities. Any inputs?
Old 30th March 2017, 13:49   #532
Senior - BHPian

Technically the pf authorities can also do it but in practice the employer verifications are the only ones that get validated.
Old 30th March 2017, 14:42   #533
BHPian

Not sure how authentic it is ( lack of verified logo on twitter ) but seems portal issues are fixed .

Twitter EPFO

The "Provident Fund" Thread-capture.jpg
Old 30th March 2017, 14:48   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Not sure how authentic it is ( lack of verified logo on twitter ) but seems portal issues are fixed .

Twitter EPFO

Attachment 1624494
You're late. Scroll up: we are already aware of it.
Old 30th March 2017, 15:01   #535
BHPian

Quote:
You're late. Scroll up: we are already aware of it.
I am referring to below link

https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/

Looks like they have reduced the functionality of the portal majorly. Earlier you could do lot more things with portal but not anymore. All you can do is stare at passbook & logoff. I have a eerie feeling that govt has their eyes set of PF corpus for some strange reasons & are bidding their time for a major hit on PF .

Already they intend to bring our company provided lunch meals into tax net if it is not part of CTC. Not worried on this one at all as hardly any IT organization provide them but goes onto show which level babudom is thinking.
Old 30th March 2017, 16:19   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am referring to below link

https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/

Looks like they have reduced the functionality of the portal majorly. Earlier you could do lot more things with portal but not anymore. All you can do is stare at passbook & logoff. I have a eerie feeling that govt has their eyes set of PF corpus for some strange reasons & are bidding their time for a major hit on PF .

Already they intend to bring our company provided lunch meals into tax net if it is not part of CTC. Not worried on this one at all as hardly any IT organization provide them but goes onto show which level babudom is thinking.
Yup, we were referring to the same portal. We commonly refer to it as the UAN portal.

I am planning to withdraw my PF next week, as I need to wait for them to credit interest till March 31st. I believe that as my Aadhar and bank account are linked to the portal, I need not get my ex-employer's counter-signature. I'll update you on how it goes.

There's only one doubt that is holding me back. I may be joining another job soon, after a gap of 1 year and 3 months since the last job. In that case, my service will be only for a few months, or maximum a couple of years. As PF withdrawal below 5 years of service is taxable, will I also be subject to it if I withdraw my PF in full before joining that job? I am referring to the withdrawal of PF from the future job.

I'm not sure of that job as of now, but I was thinking that as I'd be using the same UAN, even past service will be considered even though I"ve withdrawn my PF in full. Any inputs, guys?
Old 30th March 2017, 16:30   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a eerie feeling that govt has their eyes set of PF corpus for some strange reasons & are bidding their time for a major hit on PF
Same reason their eyes are on LIC for example. Investor of last resort to bail out sick PSUs. Theoretically they want EPFO to invest money in the market instead of in safer sources like govt bonds etc.

Was 5% earlier, now raised to 10%, may soon become 15% or more.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-...rgic7VQgJ.html

After being abroad with my retirals invested in just such a fund - tied to the stock market - I had to lose a ton of money as I quit that job during a stock market downturn but had to compulsarily cash out, as I was leaving the country at that time.

At least that wasn't too much an amount .. what I have in the EPF now, well, it would hurt substantially if this corpus was chipped away by such over cleverness.

Quote:
There's only one doubt that is holding me back. I may be joining another job soon, after a gap of 1 year and 3 months since the last job. In that case, my service will be only for a few months, or maximum a couple of years. As PF withdrawal below 5 years of service is taxable
Service means total service and not service with any one particular company. So if you have 6 years with that company already you can withdraw your combined PF after joining the new job without any issues.

Last edited by hserus : 30th March 2017 at 16:32.
Old 30th March 2017, 16:48   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

Service means total service and not service with any one particular company. So if you have 6 years with that company already you can withdraw your combined PF after joining the new job without any issues.
Understood. My total service in IT sector is 14 years. So if I withdraw my full PF in the near future, it surely wont be taxed. What I am worried about is the next assignment that I may take up after withdrawing my PF in full.

When I fill up my PF forms, I will need to indicate my UAN. But as I will have fully withdrawn my PF by then, it might not allow me to link that UAN. And as far as i know, they will not issue a new UAN.

Even if i get over that hiccup, I am worried that I might be engaged only for a year as the job is contractual in nature. So will the new PF on that new job be taxed when I withdraw it in future, as my service after complete withdrawal will surely be less than 5 years? In all fairness, they should count my past service, despite my final withdrawal.
Old 30th March 2017, 16:53   #539
Senior - BHPian

Contractors may not even get PF. Please check the terms you are employed under.

Regardless of whether or not you cash out your PF account your UAN will remain till retirement and after, to pay you annuities etc.
Old 30th March 2017, 17:14   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And even on this site, cannot view the passbook. Following is what it displays when I try to view passbook
Passbook is available at www.epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook

And when I try to view it from the above mentioned site, the page just doesn't load.

Most Viewed