Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 20:41   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
And even on this site, cannot view the passbook. Following is what it displays when I try to view passbook
Passbook is available at www.epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook

And when I try to view it from the above mentioned site, the page just doesn't load.
I tried using Chrome browser and it works fine. It gets stuck with Mozilla Firefox. I've mentioned this earlier.
Old 31st March 2017, 12:06   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
When I fill up my PF forms, I will need to indicate my UAN. But as I will have fully withdrawn my PF by then, it might not allow me to link that UAN. And as far as i know, they will not issue a new UAN.

Even if i get over that hiccup, I am worried that I might be engaged only for a year as the job is contractual in nature. So will the new PF on that new job be taxed when I withdraw it in future, as my service after complete withdrawal will surely be less than 5 years
Do not worry about UAN numbers. They have no way to track & ensure that a single person do not get 2 UAN numbers. I joined new organization some 1 year back & despite letting them know of my existing UAN number, they choose the easy way & went ahead with new UAN for me. Ideally UAN portal should not allow that since my PAN card & aadhar number is same for both UAN but it did allowed for some reason. Now i am stuck with 2 UAN numbers.

As for withdrawal on new job goes, I believe if you let that PF earn interest for 5 years, it will be tax free after 5 years of last contribution. If you withdraw before 5 years, you get taxed at 30 % flat. Ideally if you are working for whole life & contributing this should not be the case but than they have no way to track your earlier employments. New job means you are fresher

Quote:
And even on this site, cannot view the passbook.
Try the direct link below. You need your UAN portal login to download passbook. works in chrome .

http://112.133.230.60:9098/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 31st March 2017 at 12:13. Reason: added quote
Old 31st March 2017, 13:22   #543
BHPian

How do I get my password for my UAN account ? I do not see any forgot password links
Old 31st March 2017, 14:52   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
How do I get my password for my UAN account ? I do not see any forgot password links
There you go...https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/
Old 31st March 2017, 15:44   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

Try the direct link below. You need your UAN portal login to download passbook. works in chrome .

http://112.133.230.60:9098/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
This is what appears when opened in chrome.

The 112.133.230.60 page isn’t working

112.133.230.60 didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
Old 31st March 2017, 15:47   #546
BHPian

Quote:
This is what appears when opened in chrome.
Yeah seems like website is down again. When i posted earlier, it was opening fine. I am getting below error

Quote:
JBWEB000065: HTTP Status 503 -
JBWEB000309: type JBWEB000067: Status report
JBWEB000068: message
JBWEB000069: description JBWEB000148: The requested service is not currently available.
JBoss Web/7.2.2.Final-redhat-1
Old 31st March 2017, 17:15   #547
Senior - BHPian

But the passbook download is working fine for me. See the below screen. After logging in, I am able to download my passbook.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-pfpassbook.png
Old 31st March 2017, 17:29   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Understood. My total service in IT sector is 14 years. So if I withdraw my full PF in the near future, it surely wont be taxed. What I am worried about is the next assignment that I may take up after withdrawing my PF in full.

When I fill up my PF forms, I will need to indicate my UAN. But as I will have fully withdrawn my PF by then, it might not allow me to link that UAN. And as far as i know, they will not issue a new UAN.

Even if i get over that hiccup, I am worried that I might be engaged only for a year as the job is contractual in nature. So will the new PF on that new job be taxed when I withdraw it in future, as my service after complete withdrawal will surely be less than 5 years? In all fairness, they should count my past service, despite my final withdrawal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Contractors may not even get PF. Please check the terms you are employed under.

Regardless of whether or not you cash out your PF account your UAN will remain till retirement and after, to pay you annuities etc.
Thanks. I had a call last night and I was told it will be a contract engagement for a couple of months and regular employment after that. Thanks for your inputs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Do not worry about UAN numbers. They have no way to track & ensure that a single person do not get 2 UAN numbers. I joined new organization some 1 year back & despite letting them know of my existing UAN number, they choose the easy way & went ahead with new UAN for me. Ideally UAN portal should not allow that since my PAN card & aadhar number is same for both UAN but it did allowed for some reason. Now i am stuck with 2 UAN numbers.
Really strange that the system allowed multiple UANs despite aadhar being the same. Perhaps your aadhar was not linked to the earlier UAN.

Meantime, I spoke to a lady PF Officer who used to work under me long back. She was not clear on whether I could still open a new PF account with the same UAN after I complete my final withdrawal of my PF. She felt that the system might not allow it, and that it was not possible to get a new UAN with the same Aadhar.

Though she felt there would be a way out, she felt it was better to withdraw partial amount so that the account is not closed. She said i could withdraw 90% of the total amount with the reason of 'one year to retirement'. I'll be meeting the concerned officer next week and will update this thread.

How i wish government rules were simpler!
Old 31st March 2017, 17:35   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Another bad news at end of fiscal

Quote:
The government has lowered interest rates on small saving schemes by 0.1 per cent with effect from April 1, 2017. Following this revision, the popular Public Provident Fund (PPF) will fetch an interest rate of 7.9 per cent, its lowest in nearly 40 years, according to National Savings Institute
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/your-mon...pril-1-1675644
Old 31st March 2017, 17:50   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though she felt there would be a way out, she felt it was better to withdraw partial amount so that the account is not closed. She said i could withdraw 90% of the total amount with the reason of 'one year to retirement'. I'll be meeting the concerned officer next week and will update this thread.

How i wish government rules were simpler!
It is already an offence to have duplicate aadhaars, pan cards etc. Similarly the government currently allows you to merge different UANs / PF accounts into a single one. Pretty soon - they may either replace PF and UAN number with aadhaar, or automatically link them based on aadhaar.
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:09   #551
Senior - BHPian

I heard somewhere that govt is planning to give option of claiming/withdrawing of PF online, without going to previous company and filling all the paper work. Is this true? Has anyone else heard such thing? If so, by when can we expect this thing to happen?
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:18   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I heard somewhere that govt is planning to give option of claiming/withdrawing of PF online, without going to previous company and filling all the paper work. Is this true? Has anyone else heard such thing? If so, by when can we expect this thing to happen?

I think online withdrawal facility will be introduced sometime this fiscal. Currently, if your Aadhar and bank account are linked to your UAN, then all you need to do is to print the concerned form (Form CCF-Aadhar), fill up the details and submit it directly to the PF office. There is no need to take the employer's signature.

But if your aadhar is not linked, then you have to visit the employer and take his signature. There is a separate form for that.

Below is a copy of Form CCF-Aadhar that I will be using this week.

Form_CCF_aadhar.pdf
Old 3rd April 2017, 10:53   #553
BHPian

Quote:

But if your aadhar is not linked, then you have to visit the employer and take his signature. There is a separate form for that.
Hi - can you please share the process of linking aadhar to UAN?
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:39   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi - can you please share the process of linking aadhar to UAN?
Your office finance team will do that for you - it is mandatory to collect Aadhaar for EPF so they should have collected it from you already. Or if they already have it from your onboarding, they will surely have already linked it. You can login to your UAN and check.
Old 4th April 2017, 14:37   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Your office finance team will do that for you - it is mandatory to collect Aadhaar for EPF so they should have collected it from you already. Or if they already have it from your onboarding, they will surely have already linked it. You can login to your UAN and check.
Correct. The employer can link the Aadhar, PAN and bank account number.

Meanwhile, I visited the PF office today and submitted my withdrawal form. I had left a few columns blank, as i was not sure if I should withdraw the full amount or only a partial amount, owing to the chances of me taking up a new job next month. Details of my case are in my earlier post this week.

As advised, I met the PRO and sought her advice. She said I could withdraw my full amount and still open a new account after taking up a new job. But when I asked her if the new account will be taxed when I withdraw after 2+ years (as i will reach the retirement age in the new company), she said it would. That is when I asked if it is better to withdraw 90% of the amount that is allowed under '1 year left to retire' reason in the form.

She said that was possible if I was still working as of now. Instead, she suggested me to tick the reason of 'House loan', for which they will give the full amount apparently. No documentation is needed. I immediately updated the form and submitted it to her, with a cancelled cheque that bore my name and the bank account number. Note: We have to use the cheque of the same bank account that is linked to the UAN.

She said they would settle my application at the earliest. I'll update you guys as soon as the amount gets credited.

Overall, I spent only 20 minutes in the PF office!

Most Viewed