Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2018, 09:03   #676
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If you just hover the cursor towards the top of the statement, you will see the download arrow.Very straightforward. This is on Chrome.
Haven't seen this on Safari, will check again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You could also download a PDF copy from the UAN portal.
On the UAN portal, clicking member passbook displays a message that one needs to go to the EPFO site and use the member services option.
Old 14th September 2018, 12:38   #677
BHPian

Need advice on PF transfer. I joined my current employer some 2.6 years back and forget to transfer my PF. Speaking to our PF consultant, he advised to initiate a Online transfer. Unfortunately, I am getting below error. Any idea how else can i initiate a transfer request in such scenario.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 565
Size:  3.9 KB

My PF account is seeded with all necessary details like PAN number, Aadhar number, my bank A/C number etc.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 14th September 2018 at 12:39.
Old 14th September 2018, 13:25   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Need advice on PF transfer. I joined my current employer some 2.6 years back and forget to transfer my PF. Speaking to our PF consultant, he advised to initiate a Online transfer. Unfortunately, I am getting below error. Any idea how else can i initiate a transfer request in such scenario.

My PF account is seeded with all necessary details like PAN number, Aadhar number, my bank A/C number etc.
Take the PF statements of your old and new jobs and go to your current PF office, ask their helpdesk.
Old 14th September 2018, 13:28   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Take the PF statements of your old and new jobs and go to your current PF office, ask their helpdesk.
Thanks Mate. Unfortunately, my existing PF helpdesk is more or less defunct and is the reason i am seeking help here. Seems like i will have to withdraw it.
Old 14th September 2018, 13:30   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mate. Unfortunately, my existing PF helpdesk is more or less defunct and is the reason i am seeking help here. Seems like i will have to withdraw it.
I'm talking about the EPFO office, and while they work slowly they are definitely not defunct. As for your new company, did you get a copy of your PF statement to see if they have deposited even one paisa into your PF account yet? If they haven't - well, the transfer can't take place.
Old 14th September 2018, 13:42   #681
BHPian

Quote:
I'm talking about the EPFO office, and while they work slowly they are definitely not defunct. As for your new company, did you get a copy of your PF statement to see if they have deposited even one paisa into your PF account yet? If they haven't - well, the transfer can't take place.
HI Hserus,

My Old EPFO Office was in Chennai while i am based out of NCR.

As for new company goes, they have Private PF trust where the contribution is getting deposited. I do have the receipt for same and newly generated UAN number. Unfortunately At the time of joining i did requested them to continue using old UAN number but instead they went ahead and opened a new account for their convenience. So i have 2 UAN numbers as well
Old 14th September 2018, 13:43   #682
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1798751

If the UAN number adopted by earlier and current employer is same then you can do the transfer process online itself.

I just did it last month, and it got completed in around 15 days, no office visits.

Check your PF login and see if you have two PF accounts under same UAN and proceed.

KK
Old 14th September 2018, 13:46   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Check your PF login and see if you have two PF accounts under same UAN and proceed. KK
I have 2 Different UAN numbers as well with one being for Government run EPFO and other being for privately held trust of my current organization. strangely, both carry same aadhar number and bank details. I gave that deliberately thinking that duplicate entry will reflect in PF database and they will merge it but nothing of that sort happened :(
Old 14th September 2018, 13:52   #684
BHPian

Quote:
I have 2 Different UAN numbers as well with one being for Government run EPFO and other being for privately held trust of my current organization. strangely, both carry same aadhar number and bank details. I gave that deliberately thinking that duplicate entry will reflect in PF database and they will merge it but nothing of that sort happened :(
In 2014 this was my case.

My old company was under private trust and new company was with Government PF. I had to get all documents from old company, attach with the PF transfer form with signature from new company for transfer and submit manually at PF office.

It couldn't be done online that time due to different UAN. Guess it could be same case now. Take help of a consultant who handles PF/Payroll. It took 3 to 4 months for the amount to appear in my account.

KK
Old 14th September 2018, 14:07   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
In 2014 this was my case.

My old company was under private trust and new company was with Government PF. I had to get all documents from old company, attach with the PF transfer form with signature from new company for transfer and submit manually at PF office.

It couldn't be done online that time due to different UAN. Guess it could be same case now. Take help of a consultant who handles PF/Payroll. It took 3 to 4 months for the amount to appear in my account.

KK
Report the issue to your current employer.

Also report the issue to EPFO using the email id: uanepf@epfindia.gov.in.

Best (I've never known a government office to be that responsive over email) - send a letter to your new employer finance, cc to old and current PF offices via speedpost a/d or registered post a/d.

In either cases, mention the old and new UANs, include statement copies

EPFO will verify and block your old UAN, list both your PF accounts under the new UAN.

Finally file a PF transfer claim either on paper or online.
Old 14th September 2018, 15:57   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Report the issue to your current employer.

Also report the issue to EPFO using the email id: uanepf@epfindia.gov.in.

Best (I've never known a government office to be that responsive over email) - send a letter to your new employer finance, cc to old and current PF offices via speedpost a/d or registered post a/d.

In either cases, mention the old and new UANs, include statement copies

EPFO will verify and block your old UAN, list both your PF accounts under the new UAN.

Finally file a PF transfer claim either on paper or online.
Thanks for the above sir. So managed to speak to Chennai PF office. while phone is super busy, they do pickup and help. Keep trying one of the number.

Told them the whole situation and he advised me below Steps.

A ) Ensure that my Last day of work is update in PF records. ( Mine is not updated as he confirmed so have requested my old employer to help on same. they have accepted my request and same will take approx one weeks time)

B ) Post above, Fill up the Form 13 and submit the same via my existing employer. This way my OLD UAN number will also be closed / deactivated and amount too will be transferred to new Trust.

Above process is only way out when we have 2 UAN numbers. Hoping it will help others in similar dilemma.
Old 14th September 2018, 16:11   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A ) Ensure that my Last day of work is update in PF records. ( Mine is not updated as he confirmed so have requested my old employer to help on same. they have accepted my request and same will take approx one weeks time)

B ) Post above, Fill up the Form 13 and submit the same via my existing employer. This way my OLD UAN number will also be closed / deactivated and amount too will be transferred to new Trust.

Above process is only way out when we have 2 UAN numbers. Hoping it will help others in similar dilemma.
That is very sound advice too. Do go ahead and thanks - its less complex than the procedure I was thinking of with a previous job.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:45   #688
BHPian

Checked my EPF passbook and I see the credit for March Interest now. Finally
Old 17th September 2018, 12:18   #689
Senior - BHPian

Even I can see the interest credited for 2017-18 credited to my account. It was not showing it a week ago.
Old 17th September 2018, 13:56   #690
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Checked my EPF passbook and I see the credit for March Interest now. Finally
Looks like I am the only unlucky one on the forum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks