Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 15:39   #841
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
What is this new interest in seeing your interest in ones passbook ?

There s really no point in logging in each quarter and worrying about it.
Agree there's nothing much to do seeing the passbook except that it gives a sense of security of how much you have in our kitty.

Taking advantage of such feelings the present govt took it to another level. Minister Santosh Gangwar announced that ahead of festival season, govt is giving a bonanza to PF subscribers by way of giving 8.65% interest amount credited in ones PF account. Link

This is nothing but headline management.
Old 5th November 2019, 10:04   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing updates from other TBHPians that the interest for their PF accounts has been credited in the last few weeks, I logged into my account today hoping to see a similar credit as well. Unfortunately, I am yet to receive the amount to date. Last year it was credited on the 4th of October. Sigh! The wait continues. Are there others also who are still waiting for the interest amounts?
Old 5th November 2019, 14:32   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
What is this new interest in seeing your interest in ones passbook ? ....
There s really no point in logging in each quarter and worrying about it.
Not really. For 2017-18, the interest had not got credited automatically. It got credited only after I had raised a grievance. And no, there was no change in employment or any parameter :-). My previous posts, on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
No. Two years interest is still to be credited.

The last interest entry is :

2017-06-17 2017-2018 Int. Updated upto 31/03/2017
Quote:
I raised a grievance saying Interest not credited for 2 Financial years. They have now paid the interest for the last year, given the following reason and closed the grievance.

Bottomline, I had to raise a grievance to get the interest pending for 1.5 years.

Attachment 1915468

Thanks to this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have even looked whether interest got credited.
Old 6th November 2019, 00:01   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. For 2017-18, the interest had not got credited automatically. It got credited only after I had raised a grievance. And no, there was no change in employment or any parameter :-). My previous posts, on this thread.
No matter when it gets credited on your passbook, it will be accurately calculated and paid when you withdraw it. For personal calculation one can use a spreadsheet.
EPFO maintains record of contributions made thru the receipts. When you withdraw, a calculation is made based on these contribution dates and the interest rates that should apply.
Old 6th November 2019, 07:56   #845
BHPian

Is there a time limit on getting PF transfers done from organization 1 to organization 2? By time limit, I mean after someone quits previous organization and joins the new organization.
Old 11th December 2019, 15:37   #846
BHPian

After the introduction of UAN, I was under the assumption that there is a single PF account from now on. Recently I changed my company and I logged in to my account and I see that there are now 2 accounts.
1)So UAN is just an umbrella account which holds all the accounts?
2)Should I transfer my old pf to the new account for any benefits? Will I still get interest in my old account? Remember something like no interest will be paid if account gets inactive over a period of time.
Old 11th December 2019, 17:17   #847
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
2)Should I transfer my old pf to the new account for any benefits? Will I still get interest in my old account? Remember something like no interest will be paid if account gets inactive over a period of time.
You should file a request to transfer the accumulated corpus to your new account so you entire holding is consolidated in one place.

Future withdrawal will also be more convenient.
Old 21st December 2019, 13:48   #848
BHPian

EPF interest for FY2018-19 is still not credited to my account. I had checked some 3 months back and was hoping that by now it should have been sorted.

Have raised a grievance now and can just hope that it will be sorted within the next 30 days. Its frustrating to follow up / raise tickets for what should happen automatically. I dont understand what kind of tech infra & automation do these guys have in their setup. Looks like someone just sits on without clicking the "approval" buttonall the time :(

Anyone else has their PF with GGN EPFO here?
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:29   #849
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here faced issues with resetting the password to log into your PF portal account here https://unifiedportal-em.epfindia.go...mberinterface/

I dont remember setting a password so I tried logging in by resetting the password and every time it shows "Failed to change password, please try again later".

Any help?

Also, has anyone got their PAN verified in epfo account? Can I do it on my own or do I have to get it done it done through my employer? Considering I dont work there, it will be a problem.

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd February 2020 at 19:52.
Old 10th February 2020, 16:06   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Has anyone here faced issues with resetting the password to log into your PF portal account here https://unifiedportal-em.epfindia.go...mberinterface/

I dont remember setting a password so I tried logging in by resetting the password and every time it shows "Failed to change password, please try again later".

Any help?

Also, has anyone got their PAN verified in epfo account? Can I do it on my own or do I have to get it done it done through my employer? Considering I dont work there, it will be a problem.
Guys, anyone has any idea about this?
Old 10th February 2020, 17:32   #851
BHPian

Does it make sense to invest in VPF every month like my PF gets deducted from salary ?
I used to do that earlier for sometime in my previous organization.
Old 10th February 2020, 17:42   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Does it make sense to invest in VPF every month like my PF gets deducted from salary ?
I used to do that earlier for sometime in my previous organization.
As you know, PF has got one of the highest interest rates offered by govt bodies. As you were already contributing it earlier, you must have known the benefits also. So, can i know, why you stopped it and thinking of starting it again?

Just for your information, I have been contributing to VPF (to the maximum limit of 28%) since last 22 years and I have got a healthy balance in PF account, even after taking loan twice in these last 22 years. So, if you ask me, this is the best investment for a person who wants to invest in govt schemes and do not have any issues with amount getting locked.
Old 10th February 2020, 19:16   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
As you know, PF has got one of the highest interest rates offered by govt bodies. As you were already contributing it earlier, you must have known the benefits also. So, can i know, why you stopped it and thinking of starting it again?

Just for your information, I have been contributing to VPF (to the maximum limit of 28%) since last 22 years and I have got a healthy balance in PF account, even after taking loan twice in these last 22 years. So, if you ask me, this is the best investment for a person who wants to invest in govt schemes and do not have any issues with amount getting locked.
I didn't stop. With my previous organization, I was in US from 2015 so I was only getting some small part of salary in India for a year and then since 2016 March, I didn't get any Indian salary (only US salary). Then back in Aug 2019, I quit my organization and joined another one (in India) and I didn't start my VPF here yet but am planning to start now.

Also what is the max percentage in VPF I can put? In PF, it is 12% that goes. Online I read and it says max 100% of basic is allowed.

Last edited by raksrules : 10th February 2020 at 19:20.
Old 10th February 2020, 19:26   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I didn't stop. With my previous organization, I was in US from 2015 so I was only getting some small part of salary in India for a year and then since 2016 March, I didn't get any Indian salary (only US salary). Then back in Aug 2019, I quit my organization and joined another one (in India) and I didn't start my VPF here yet but am planning to start now.

Also what is the max percentage in VPF I can put? In PF, it is 12% that goes. Online I read and it says max 100% of basic is allowed.
Yes 100% of your basic can go into VPF.
Old 10th February 2020, 20:03   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Yes. One of the senior colleagues from finance department had asked me to start VPF when I joined my second company in 2001. Did not listen his advice and I took close to 15 years to correct that mistake .

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th February 2020 at 20:09.

Most Viewed