Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 22:06   #31
BHPian

Hey dude, In Bangalore there is a place called Curie Centre of Oncology, Bangalore, St John Medical College Campus,Sarjapur Road, Koramangala, Bangalore - 080 25538194. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years back, it was in the initial stage the Dr’s were so kind, they called each family member and explained what Oncology is and how we need to take care. Dr. Killara and Dr.Brundha had treated my mom.
Old 30th September 2008, 09:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
That's good.
Like myself and few others already recommended consulting Dr. A.K. Vaid, your mother is going to be in safe hands. He is a doctor who not only knows his job well but has good values as well.
I couldn't agree more! All the best.. your mother is in my prayers.
Old 30th September 2008, 10:21   #33
BHPian

sorry for seeing this too late,
cancer of ovary is a generic term.if possible can u post the gist of HPE or histopathological examination report.
and also the CA-125 levels.
when was it diagnosed and as what exactly.

and guys every Ca is diffrent so please dont compare it with leukemia or ca endometruim or some other Ca.

just in ovary there r more than 10 types of malignancies.
this is true not just for ovaries but for any organ.
Old 14th May 2009, 07:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi All, Sorry for not updating you all on the situation. It have been the most painful 7 months for my mother and family.

She went through first debulking surgey October 2008, but unfortunately when doctors opened the area, they found every thing in mess, and very risky to remove in that condition, so they just took out some and closed the surgery.

That was kind of a disaster for me, as it destroyed all the plans.

Also CA125 raised to 2400 after the surgey. That was another concern for me which was 1400 before the surgey. Though doctor said that 1400 and 2400 are same for them as both are on highest side and treatment remains the same.

She went through six rounds of chemotherapy, which was another painfull exercise. After every cycle her TLC went down and required the grafeel injections.

She lost all her hairs and lost lots of weight.

CT and CA125 was done after 3 cycles, and results were very positive. Mass was reduced to half and CA125 went down to 230.

Doctors decided to continue with next 3 cycles. and test were done after that. Only 20% mass was left and CA125 was down to 7.8. So that was the positive sign.

Parallel to this, I also changed her diet plan completely. Giving her wheat grass juice twice daily along with lots of Juices.

Along with that I did some research on the Ayurvedic front and found some positive feedback for one Centre in Varanasi which has developed a medicine by the name of Sarvpisti, which helps in developing immunity and preventing recurrences. I am giving that to her regularly.

she went through another debulking surgery last wednesday and doing ok for now.

Will post more updates later
Old 14th May 2009, 09:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

RK, first, sorry for your pain these last few months.
Secondly, there are encouraging signs now and hopefully she'll pull through!
Our prayers are with her. Look after yourself so that you can look after her.
Old 31st July 2013, 14:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: Urgent help required - Any Cancer Expert reference

Sad to read about your mother's health condition. I wish her a quick and full recovery.
Old 13th July 2015, 17:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

2015 update :

By god's grace, she is doing absolutely fine, and living normal life.

Thanks all for the wishes and prayers
Old 13th July 2015, 17:54   #38
BHPian

Glad to hear that!

One of my friend's dad was also diagnosed with Lung Cancer (final stage), doctors said he wouldn't live more than 6 months. As a last resort, my friend took him to Thirunelli (Wayanad) for Siddha treatment. His dad is absolutely fine now after almost a year. He's living a normal life and the doctors who treated him earlier couldn't believe when they found out that cancer has disappeared.

That place receives many people from across India for treating various diseases/disorders naturally.
Old 13th July 2015, 20:48   #39
Team-BHP Support

A surgeoon friend of mine told me how a patient cured his daughter of cancer using tumeric.

Take raw tumeric root. Grind it. Add ground pepper. Add to milk, add a little honey. She took twice a day and recovered.
Old 14th July 2015, 12:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there a good possibility in the both of the above case that cancer got treated by itself (just like it came about by itself). Whether they had indulged in turmeric or Siddha perhaps made no difference.
Old 21st August 2015, 21:59   #41
BHPian

A touchy subject but would like to help if i could.

Lost my dad Feb 2015 after 9 months of fighting stomach cancer. Came across lots of medicines, doctors, traditional and modern techniques and various things.

If i could be of any help, would love to be able to assist.

The patient is one but it's also the family who suffers.

I am new here, but what ever you write in this thread i will be checking and replying to the best of my ability.

Good Luck and Happy to help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks