Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 14:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Double whammy for the family. hope Mr.Kumar and his family can recover from this terrible tragedy. At this point in time, society needs to share their grief, not compound it by arresting the poor father.

R.I.P. Shubhangi
Old 30th September 2008, 14:48   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Terrible news! Its not only SUV & MUV drivers that need to watch out while reversing; the same applies to regular sedans too. I once ran over a dog while reversing my 118NE. Took him to a vet and, luckily, the injury was not severe. He was back on his feet the very next day.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:29   #18
BHPian

I had a similar experience once. Was in a Toyota Prado and had stopped on a signal on Haji Ali. As soon as the signal turned green I was about the press the accelerator, a Beggar came in front of my car screaming frantically. Next thing I notice is he bends down and picks up a small kid probably 2-3 years old. It took me a good 10 seconds just to register what had happened.
Once I started driving I realized what the situation could have turned out to be.
Although since this topic has come out I would like to know from you'll what consequences I would have faced if that kid would been run over and sustained injuries or death.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:29   #19
BANNED

A real tragedy indeed.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:38   #20
BHPian

It is the worst that can ever happen to a dad. Being prosecuted for his own child's death.

Whenever i reach my colony in the evenings and i see a few ladies walking around with toddlers in the middle of the road i stop my car and let them pass without bothering about the moron honking behind my car and when i'm really in a mood i get down and give the moron a good piece of my mind.

This should be followed by everybody, 'coz you never know which way the children go and one should drive really slow in the residential colonies. I have seen teens who just got the permission to drive taking their cars and flying past me in the colony itself and then i rush to the main gate and their they meet their fate!!

May GOD bless her soul.

Last edited by The_Warrior : 30th September 2008 at 17:40. Reason: Additional Text

Most Viewed