Old 30th September 2008, 23:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

I'll remain a law breaker ! To hell with these rules
Wont work i'm sure
Old 30th September 2008, 23:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
and i thought india is a free country ? i dont think anyone make someone quit smoking unless 1 wants to, just wait for a few days till money transfers hands, the law will be "amended" again
It is and that's why there needs to be a law to protect non-smokers from inhaling smoke from cigarettes making them unwilling passive smokers and susceptible to the same problems that smokers face. In public places and shared areas, smokers have to be considerate to non-smokers. Since it is too much to ask from a person to be considerate, they make laws. Not just in India, but world wide. However smokers can still smoke all they want in private areas or in designated smoke zones.
Old 30th September 2008, 23:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

When will "SPITING" be banned??i am waiting for that day.

"Thuk Thuk ke desh ko Laal kar diya hai"
Old 30th September 2008, 23:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
At last some consideration for the health of the common people and passive smokers like me.

I welcome this move but i ony hope it gets implemented with an iron hand, something like they have implemented the No drinking and driving rule. Kudos.
Exactly Gogi bhai, people should ask those who do not smoke & have a problem with second hand smoke how bad it feels. I'm all for this move.

I don't mind if people smoke around me but when it becomes too much, it really really causes immense discomfort & at times can become unbearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I'll remain a law breaker ! To hell with these rules
Wont work i'm sure
That's right, that's the attitude, keep it up young man. And pray why should other suffer in a pub/restaurant/office because you can't control your urge to light up?
Old 30th September 2008, 23:59   #20
BHPian

nah! all this is a passing fad. like the helmet rule in pune.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
and i thought india is a free country ? i dont think anyone make someone quit smoking unless 1 wants to, just wait for a few days till money transfers hands, the law will be "amended" again
My dear man, ever heard of "your right to swing your arms stops where my nose begins?" Smoke all you want in the confines of your home, in your car with the windows up, but don't force me to inhale the second hand smoke you blow out. Is that not a reasonable request?

It is a free country, but freedom is not absolute. It is limited by reasonable restrictions and regulations.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
nah! all this is a passing fad. like the helmet rule in pune.
Think again. The law will not punish smokers for smoking in a public area, it will punish the OWNER of that area. So the law enforcement now lies in the hands of the coffee shop owner where you want to have a light after coffee.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Think again. The law will not punish smokers for smoking in a public area, it will punish the OWNER of that area. So the law enforcement now lies in the hands of the coffee shop owner where you want to have a light after coffee.
....and im sure hes not gonna be happy paying up for your pleasure. I think it will work. It has everywhere else.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Exactly Gogi bhai, people should ask those who do not smoke & have a problem with second hand smoke how bad it feels. I'm all for this move.

I don't mind if people smoke around me but when it becomes too much, it really really causes immense discomfort & at times can become unbearable.

That's right, that's the attitude, keep it up young man. And pray why should other suffer in a pub/restaurant/office because you can't control your urge to light up?
Exact;y
This wont happen i know

Laws are meant to be broken and amended
Old 1st October 2008, 00:46   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Obviously a good move, If only they can implement it well. PS: why the thumbs down? :P
No thumbs down buddy. I am all happy with this. I think when I created this thread the "thumbs down" was chosen by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I welcome this move but i ony hope it gets implemented with an iron hand, something like they have implemented the No drinking and driving rule. Kudos.
This is the only way a law can be implemented. Otherwise we always have dudes like someone who wrote above who always consider them to be kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
When will "SPITING" be banned??i am waiting for that day.

"Thuk Thuk ke desh ko Laal kar diya hai"
I still remember your thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Some people never change.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:51   #26
BHPian

Good move by the goverment and i hope it is implemented seriously.The law stipulating that the owners of the establishment will be punished is a good one,already saw on Monday a quater joint in Mumbai opposite city light fish market carrying a board (No Smoking Zone)
Old 1st October 2008, 01:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Exact;y
This wont happen i know

Wow!!! Not much left to say to someone who believes that laws are meant to be broken.
Old 1st October 2008, 01:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
It is a free country, and i have the right to breathe fresh air in public surroundings.
Im not coming to your house to stop you from smoking, Just as long as you don't blow smoke in my face

@naturaldisaster
So, If the lung cancer doesn't kill you, the brain haemorrage will

Last edited by Amien : 1st October 2008 at 01:35.
Old 1st October 2008, 02:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Woooohoooo!!!

Quote:
Exact;y
This wont happen i know

Much like noses.
Old 1st October 2008, 08:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful move, I have been waiting for October 2nd and also the Hyderabadi Police have started their website. So lets see how the police make use of this act.

At last, we are going to have smoke free team-bhp meets. Are we???

I think the hyderabadi team-bhp folks have not seen this thread till or that they dont want to attract infractions!!!

Most Viewed