Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 13:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Paint bright yellow lines outside your gate and put up a sign saying that tyres will be deflated if vehicles are found parked between the lines. If, some braveheart still does it, and trust me they will, deflate two diagonally opposite tyres of his car.

Sure, that's the next action if the present act of throwing dust on their cars does not work.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

one more idea.
get some m-seal/ resin based gum, get small stone, stick that small stone with help of m-seal on two front tyres. car owner will have jerks during driving reminding him his parking.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:59   #48
BHPian

@aaggoswami
damaging somebody`s car is not the right approach,do somethin which causes them incovinience,this is because they will thing twice,put scrap outside your house,steel bars/construction material etc.you can tell your society gaurd to ensure no body parks car in front of your house
Old 11th October 2008, 14:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
one more idea.
get some m-seal/ resin based gum, get small stone, stick that small stone with help of m-seal on two front tyres. car owner will have jerks during driving reminding him his parking.
I dont think that the stones will stick for long. But its a nice idea. Can be combined with nails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
@aaggoswami
damaging somebody`s car is not the right approach,do somethin which causes them incovinience,this is because they will thing twice,put scrap outside your house,steel bars/construction material etc.you can tell your society gaurd to ensure no body parks car in front of your house
We dont have society security gaurd. As mentioned earlier, people want us to pay for the pump working at society's borewell ( because we have a large house and two cars and we must pay even if anyone uses it, and generally we dont use the borewell, the borewell pump has to be switched on by a person/resident when he needs and mark the meter readings for him to pay, but they just wont bulge ) and pay for street lights.

The attitude of theirs is not good towards anyone who has car/cars and a two floor house. This just shows the extent of their sadist thinking. If there were a society gaurd, then we would straight away instruct him not to let others park their cars in this manner. But laying our steel waste ( we have many ) would give dogs a free access into our compounds. This is where it is dangerous, but right now also the dogs jump on cars and enter into our compound, and we have to do the cleaning.

And sticking some paper is implemented. Just now as soon as my parents left for Indore, i took a fullscape paper, used araldite and sticked the paper on which I had written " This is not a public parking place. Park properly and do not block, direclty or indirectly, somebody's approach ". Waiting for the resutls to know the effictiveness.

EDIT : Failed to mention where I have put the paper. Right onto the hood. Paint damage on the car will be owner's responsibility. Note that this was done after I attempted peaceful way to solve the problem.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th October 2008 at 14:11.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think that the stones will stick for long
instead of stones, try piece of thick rubber/tyre and stick it with resin based gum.
it is very hard to remove. you have to cut tyre portion to get rid off unwanted material. best luck.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:31   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

once your ordeal is over i think you should write up a full review of methods, outcomes, advantages, disadvantages, etc.
it'll help a lot of members here...
if you could post actual pics, it would be much easier for everyone to understand. Maybe try to zero-in from google earth?
Old 11th October 2008, 14:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
instead of stones, try piece of thick rubber/tyre and stick it with resin based gum.
it is very hard to remove. you have to cut tyre portion to get rid off unwanted material. best luck.
Will attempt this after the deflating tyres trick fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
once your ordeal is over i think you should write up a full review of methods, outcomes, advantages, disadvantages, etc.
it'll help a lot of members here...
if you could post actual pics, it would be much easier for everyone to understand. Maybe try to zero-in from google earth?
Sure will post a full review.
No camera with me now and phone camera
1) phone does not get connected to PC properly ( tried four different phones ) and taking picutres from phones with poor camera is of no use.
2) Google earth is not able to clearly define the are that I want to display.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:46   #53
BANNED

Some questions

1. Are you sure that your neighbours are not reading this forum?
2. Will be get a thread titled something like "Neighbour does not like we parking our car on road, what will we do?"

On a serious note, read somewhere on this forum itself about a security guard removing the plastic cap on valve and putting it back on with some pebbles - so that air goes slowly. On all four wheels. Flat tyres occur at some far away place!!.

Or if those vehicles do not have valve covers, get that four pointed valve remover thing - and simply loosen the valves so that air loss is gradual. For best results, do it on all four wheels.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
1. Are you sure that your neighbours are not reading this forum?
2. Will be get a thread titled something like "Neighbour does not like we parking our car on road, what will we do?"

On a serious note, read somewhere on this forum itself about a security guard removing the plastic cap on valve and putting it back on with some pebbles - so that air goes slowly. On all four wheels. Flat tyres occur at some far away place!!.

Or if those vehicles do not have valve covers, get that four pointed valve remover thing - and simply loosen the valves so that air loss is gradual. For best results, do it on all four wheels.
1) I am sure they are not. And even if they are reading, its good, so that they will come to know the damage that will eventually occur to their cars.

2) I am not a person who is good at presentation, but that is equally a good thread title, but not the issue.

3) Another idea. Will be used in case of deflating tyres. Nice option. If possible please PM me the link of the thread so that I can read more about other's experience.

4) Can get that within 10 minutes. Will be fetching one if the scene doesnt improve.
Old 11th October 2008, 15:28   #55
BHPian

Hmmm interesting problem to have, used to experience this often in Delhi, but that's only because most people on the street including us had over 10 cars each...

But what we did was, we made sure never to block anyones gate, and that entry and exit was very easy.

I sugest that you park one of your cars in C1, and move your mail box. Tell others that your compound is blocked due to some random problem...

Else if it were me in your position, the poor chap who parked in my spot would be driving home on a bent/cracked rim, and a cut up tyre...but then again, that's just me
Old 11th October 2008, 15:56   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I have skimmed through this thread, read most of the posts, and I am left with one big question which doesn't seem to bother anybody else:

What's wrong with parking outside someone else's house?

People who park across gates and block them deserve everything they get, they are just thoughtless idiots, but the OP here does not seem to have been shut in, just subject to a little inconvenience in getting the car out.

I avoid gates. I look to see that not only is the gate clear, but there is room to make the turn. I treat all other private 'no parking' signs as a ridiculous joke.
Old 11th October 2008, 16:13   #57
BHPian

Try some GandhiGiri this time, Do this, next time someone place car in front of your gate, Wash his car, wax it, wait for him to come, ask for keys and clean from inside too.. But one problem here, what if new car is parked in front of your gate everyday, then you are gone man
Old 11th October 2008, 17:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well, I have skimmed through this thread, read most of the posts, and I am left with one big question which doesn't seem to bother anybody else:

What's wrong with parking outside someone else's house?

People who park across gates and block them deserve everything they get, they are just thoughtless idiots, but the OP here does not seem to have been shut in, just subject to a little inconvenience in getting the car out.

I avoid gates. I look to see that not only is the gate clear, but there is room to make the turn. I treat all other private 'no parking' signs as a ridiculous joke.
Why not park in front of their own homes ?

And if they manage to park in front of my home, then if I also park in front of their homes then they should not get angry, right ?

It happens the other way round. My friend's Zen was the one to have a deflated tyre. The inconvenience is avoidable, plus, the parking allows dogs to come in ( as mentioned in my earlier posts, this was recently discovered ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
But what we did was, we made sure never to block anyones gate, and that entry and exit was very easy.

I sugest that you park one of your cars in C1, and move your mail box. Tell others that your compound is blocked due to some random problem...

Else if it were me in your position, the poor chap who parked in my spot would be driving home on a bent/cracked rim, and a cut up tyre...but then again, that's just me
Putting cars is out of question as mentioned in my above posts.
I will do the same but will try more polite methods earlier.
Old 11th October 2008, 18:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest you get big heavy rocks and place them on the road during the night
Old 11th October 2008, 18:56   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And if they manage to park in front of my home, then if I also park in front of their homes then they should not get angry, right ?

It happens the other way round. My friend's Zen was the one to have a deflated tyre.
If it is a public street, then it is public. If it is a private street, then a gate would be a nice idea, but all the residents would have to agree, and it doesn't sound like mutual agreement is their thing,

If others in the street are stopping your friends parking, but expect to be able to use 'your' patch, then, yes, I appreciate your frustration.

What a pity everyone in your street can't realise that the street belongs to all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks