Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 20:39   #91
BANNED

Wow, Swamiji great work, we are proud of. This is the best way to teach a lesson to people who harass others without a reason.
Now, that bully will shall never cross your way again.
Good, keep it up!
Old 15th October 2008, 21:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Wow, Swamiji great work, we are proud of. This is the best way to teach a lesson to people who harass others without a reason.
Now, that bully will shall never cross your way again.
Good, keep it up!
Thanks!
I dont know if he ever will cross the line or not, but I never wanted to get physical or do destructive activity. But when they took away the keys, I lost my temper. Wanted to teach them that I am not the one who can be taken for granted. Thanks for all the support and specially the tricks.

If he is coming back, it will be with more force. And I am not taking this way too seriously. If that man comes to our home for any help on humanitarian ground, we will surely help him. No issues, but we cannot tolerate beyond a level.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Aaggoswami! Man... great to know that the issue is sorted out. As you have mentioned, I do understand that you did not want to do all this, but then when people treat others courtesy / understanding as a sign of weakness, then this is the way to get them back on track!

Old 15th October 2008, 21:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

The right way to resolve the issue. Good job
Old 15th October 2008, 21:55   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Aaggoswami! Man... great to know that the issue is sorted out. As you have mentioned, I do understand that you did not want to do all this, but then when people treat others courtesy / understanding as a sign of weakness, then this is the way to get them back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The right way to resolve the issue. Good job
Thanks!

@happywheels : Its not 100 % sorted out, as I cannot trust these people with pseudo ego, but yes for now, I have made my point clear.

@ Harry : Not the best method, actually I had a long list of tricks that I was to apply one by one, but they could not tolerate and atleast for now, it has stopped.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Thanks!

@happywheels : Its not 100 % sorted out, as I cannot trust these people with pseudo ego, but yes for now, I have made my point clear.

@ Harry : Not the best method, actually I had a long list of tricks that I was to apply one by one, but they could not tolerate and atleast for now, it has stopped.
IMO its the mind which should be applied first to solve any issue but as in your case a little bit of muscle was required (somehow such people only understand the lang of kicks)
And just be a bit cautious for few days as you said ego is always there so take precaution.

Last edited by harry10 : 15th October 2008 at 22:10.
Old 16th October 2008, 01:14   #97
Team-BHP Support

Congrats man !! I would have done the exact same thing had I been in your place. Hope the solution lasts.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:30   #98
BHPian

Congrats mate, I hope the jerks have learnt their lesson and don't keep bothering you again.
Old 16th November 2008, 13:35   #99
BANNED

Pretty shocking answers here actually. Only a few have pointed out that you have no rights on that area. You can only prevent parking in front of your gate or if the cops have a "no parking" sign in that area.

Scatter nails in the area? What kind of a society do we live in?
Old 16th November 2008, 15:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Pretty shocking answers here actually. Only a few have pointed out that you have no rights on that area. You can only prevent parking in front of your gate or if the cops have a "no parking" sign in that area.

Scatter nails in the area? What kind of a society do we live in?

OK lets say that I wont come out and park in front of your gate, but rater park in a way that your approach is blocked. What will you do then ? They parked in such a way that we were finding it difficult to take out our cars. Moreover, if I am not supposed to oppose them parking in front of my house, they must not mind me parking in front of their houses. Correct ?
Cops ? Others will use contacts. The present state of road is such that we are not able to call it completely private road as it is proposed T.P. road and it is not 100% TP road yet as they are yet to build road. Hell lot of issues are present.
But is not the case.

About where I live, well in Vadodara. This city has the highest no. of cars /1000 persons or some other ratio that is highest in Gujarat. If you think that your location i.e. " Banglore has the worst traffic, then come to this city and you will think you are living in paradise.
We sometimes also have to resort to doing some damage but till now only dust was mainly thrown on their cars.
Well, the things at various places in my city goes to the extent of beating someone badly for parking place. That's how I survive.
About what kind of society we live in, well the answer is " Roads indicate culture of the nation ". I dont love to damage somebody's car, but they do damage ours if we keep in front of our own house.
Old 8th August 2009, 10:18   #101
BHPian

You people are lucky to have atleast 9mtrs road width.The place where we live the road is just about 4mtrs(max of two sedans could go parallely).
Despite this we altered our front portico to make sure we dont park our car so tat we dont cause nuisance to other people.Now the problem is other people who park their cars on both sides of the roads with no concern for others.Last week a elderly man who got serious at 11pm could not be rushed to the hospital due to these ***** parking their cars and blocking the way.At 11pm they managed to knock every door asking to remove the cars to make way.What could be done to people like these?
Old 8th August 2009, 13:11   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
What could be done to people like these?
Just read the previous pages!!!

"Samam, bhedam and dandam", as we say in Malayalam. goswamiji had to prove that he is no swami to be able to use his parking peacefully. <grin>
Old 8th August 2009, 13:25   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm, old thread bumped up!
aaggoswami, situation stable now? It's nearly a year, what updates?
Old 8th August 2009, 13:42   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hmmm, old thread bumped up!
aaggoswami, situation stable now? It's nearly a year, what updates?
LOL, you joking??!
I would LOVE to hear where the situation has IMPROVED!
Be it Delhi or Chennai or WHEREVER, it's only getting worse!

Are we fit to govern ourselves?? Atrocious, radical idea, but please give it some serious thought!
Old 8th August 2009, 13:53   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Are we fit to govern ourselves??

I really get wild when I read that sentence. Too bad we keep on asking this over and over again.

FYI, we have some rules governing construction of apartments and buildings. Those rules are set certain standards and conventions, adopted by some body of town planners. In their wisdom, they usually insist on at least 2 slots for parking vehicles, per family.

We, the People of India, go on and wash the feet of our babus and netas in greenbacks, seeking exemption from those wise rules.

We would happily lap up buildings which violate / go beyond (legally or not) norms like FAR (floor area raio). We do not care if the builders / promotoers of our apartments convert areas reserved for common use to construct yet more apartments.

And then we go on to complain about lack of infrastructure and parking space.

@anupmathur- nothing personal against you.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 8th August 2009 at 14:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks