Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 19:06   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Is the reverse OK?? just a thought.
Depends. Think about it : How many employees call ex-employees of a company (they intend to join) for opinions? Hardly. On the other hand, how many employers call ex-employers for comments (on a candidate they intend to hire)?
Old 15th October 2008, 19:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Depends. Think about it : How many employees call ex-employees of a company (they intend to join) for opinions? Hardly. On the other hand, how many employers call ex-employers for comments (on a candidate they intend to hire)?
Employers calling ex-employers is now a mandatory requirement of all Tier 2 or higher IT companies. My company has an Audit on the Background check process and auditors take any irregularities in the process seriously and raise issues on the same.
Old 15th October 2008, 23:11   #18
BHPian

What technology does ur friend works in?

Can you PM me his resume?
Old 16th October 2008, 09:44   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Employers calling ex-employers is now a mandatory requirement of all Tier 2 or higher IT companies. My company has an Audit on the Background check process and auditors take any irregularities in the process seriously and raise issues on the same.
Tier 2 IT companies? My small 30 member company does it too
Old 16th October 2008, 11:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that your friend's company avoided making PF contributions on the first year. That's probably the reason why they want to avoid trouble by not providing an experience letter for that year.

In this case, the only documentary evidence that your friend has, are the bank statements showing the "Salary" deposits. If you can prove that the deposits came from your employer's account, that should be sufficient to prove your friend's innocence.
Old 24th October 2008, 22:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I have a feeling that your friend's company avoided making PF contributions on the first year. That's probably the reason why they want to avoid trouble by not providing an experience letter for that year.

In this case, the only documentary evidence that your friend has, are the bank statements showing the "Salary" deposits. If you can prove that the deposits came from your employer's account, that should be sufficient to prove your friend's innocence.
Deducting PF & not paying it into the Provident Fund accounts managed by the PF commissioner is a criminal offence.

Please take note of the above, and sir(original poster) , this is not to give you ideas to send or complain to the police but to enlighten you that the company would not have deducted PF in this particular case.

Cheers

M M
Old 24th October 2008, 23:54   #22
BANNED

Instead of breaking head so much, its better he finds another decent job or try retaining his existing job.

After he has a job, he can go about doing the damage control.

There is no dearth of opportunities in a city like Bengaluru.

Ask your friend to cheer up.

There's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks