Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 01:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

cool cool make a copy for me and please test it yess buddy i will be going to my shop,have an installation
Old 7th December 2008, 01:59   #62
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Undercover isn't all that bad. After, all the FPS games this was a nice change.

downloading Race Driver GRID now
Old 7th December 2008, 02:19   #63

Can anyone give me alternatives to the NFS series? I played, or should i say, made a mistake of buying Juiced 2 recently, and boy was it CRAP!! This Race Driver:Grid thing seems to be making quite a stir. How is it?

How is the customisation part of it? Coz that is very important for me!
Old 7th December 2008, 02:21   #64
BHPian

I finished the Career Mode last week. The graphics in this one look great.

And I absolutely love the cop missions. They do tend to get pretty aggressive if you keep screwing them over, which adds to the whole excitement.

Other than that, it's a pretty ordinary (and quite obvious too) storyline.
While the physics engine is probably better than the previous one, and there's damage too, but I wouldn't be too happy about that.

All in all, there are better racing games in the market right now. But this one's not the worst yet.
Old 7th December 2008, 03:47   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Can anyone give me alternatives to the NFS series? I played, or should i say, made a mistake of buying Juiced 2 recently, and boy was it CRAP!! This Race Driver:Grid thing seems to be making quite a stir. How is it?

How is the customisation part of it? Coz that is very important for me!
There is no customization. There are 42 highly tuned race cars spanning almost every division from Formula 3 to World Touring Cars to Demolition Derbys to Touge, Le Mans, and Drift GPs ofcourse...

The learning curve is steep and it sits somewhere between arcade and simulation.
There are 3 assists, Traction Control, Braking Assist and Stability Control. Of these i suggest keeping Stability Control off at all times or you wont feel the weight of the car shift properly and mis-judge over/understeer. Traction Control...Depending on the car in question, and Braking assist, well you could do without it but then you also lose ABS.

For drifting, I Highly recommend all assists off.
Also, the game is miles better with a gamepad or on a console, although i play it with a keyboard.
I went from literally hating the game to absolutely loving it. Most fun i've had playing a game by far. Play it till you earn 1 new license and you will be hooked
Old 7th December 2008, 09:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
i ve got 128 mb shared with my 1 gb ram on the laptop.
its core 2 duo 1.66 will the game work?
I dont think it will run. Even if it manages to run, I think it wont be smooth and you wont really enjoy it. I am unable to run it well on 2.8GHz X2 5000+, 3GB DDR2 667 ram and POV 7300GT.

The graphics card does get hot and it is only passively cooled.
Old 7th December 2008, 16:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I dont think it will run. Even if it manages to run, I think it wont be smooth and you wont really enjoy it. I am unable to run it well on 2.8GHz X2 5000+, 3GB DDR2 667 ram and POV 7300GT.

Try running it on a lower resolution, 800x600 if you have to , no seriously, it may take some time to get used to but the smoothness will increase your enjoyment a lot more than a few extra shiny pixels.

What temperature does your card go to on load?
Old 7th December 2008, 19:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

PC games is Old school. Get a ps2 you dont need all this ram sham...
Old 7th December 2008, 23:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Try running it on a lower resolution, 800x600 if you have to , no seriously, it may take some time to get used to but the smoothness will increase your enjoyment a lot more than a few extra shiny pixels.

What temperature does your card go to on load?
My monitor supports it, but IMO, if we reduce the resolution, then the whole experience of game dies down ( a personal opinion ).

My card goes upto 85-95 deg centigrade while playing games. This is with two industry level 115 V 4 inch fans in series. One is for the intake and the others blows air directly onto the card. But still. Even Counter Strike makes it reach 65-68 deg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
PC games is Old school. Get a ps2 you dont need all this ram sham...
Well, the days its possible, I will just buy the latest gaming console available at that time. As a student, its difficult to have, but I will buy one. But right now, I have to go for ram sham to run game and game for me = pc game right now.
Old 7th December 2008, 23:33   #70
BHPian

If you feel undercover is not good just go back to GTR2 , LFS , GRID.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:16   #71
BANNED

Hey Guys,
For those of you running this game with full satisfaction- what kind of hardware do you run it on? please list the relevant hardware including cpus, memory and mobo and cooling if any and of course the pixel crusher

I have wanted to play one of these but my self assembled PC which is almost 3 years old seems almost pre-historic what with a P4 in a 865 mobo
Old 8th December 2008, 11:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
My monitor supports it, but IMO, if we reduce the resolution, then the whole experience of game dies down ( a personal opinion ).

My card goes upto 85-95 deg centigrade while playing games. This is with two industry level 115 V 4 inch fans in series. One is for the intake and the others blows air directly onto the card. But still. Even Counter Strike makes it reach 65-68 deg.

Well, you have a choice between sacrificing on the resolution or purchasing new hardware. The thing is, atleast for me, lag-free gameplay is much more important than eye candy. It's obvious that you have to choose.

Also, your card is running quite hot, too hot infact for a 7 series. Try opening your cabinet up and cleaning the fans on the CPU as well as the card.

PS: I do agree, Consoles are always the better tools for gaming.
Old 27th August 2011, 19:47   #73
BHPian

Re: Need For Speed Is Back!!! NFS Undercover

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Just finished the game...

Attachment 73849
I am seeing this now. I have also finished the game. I noticed that there is one event that you cannot dominate. If you see clearly it states that he has only finished Carrer Mode and there is still a lot of events that he needs to complete.

I did like this game. I liked the chase in the Black Lexus. I also loved the Highway Battle idea. It is very difficult sometimes. I think this game is a must try. Just do not try to win. Try to dominate every race and then you will appreciate it.

I also like Test Drive Unlimited but what about the handling ? It handles quiet badly. I completed Test Drive Unlimited also which many people have not.

Last edited by supercars : 27th August 2011 at 19:54. Reason: Wanted to add more information.

Most Viewed