Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

getafreelancer.com and all such sites are good for finding non-techie work.

Some projects are content writing / scanning market data for trades based on set patterns etc.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:36   #17
BHPian

Earnings from Internet, anyone?

Has anyone ever earned anything from the internet? My wife, who has a full time job managing our daughter, has a few hours to spend online every day.

She is a member of numerous forums which pay you to read SMS, or email, or take surveys or conduct searches. But her earnings are just enough to cover the internet expenses in the first place.

I believe, one needs to have a big team, or referrals as they are called, to make some real cash.

Any thoughts on how to increase the cash flow? I am not even looking at the ads which promise 50K a month for data entry. To begin with, she would be content with anything that pays her about 10K a month.

Please post your suggestions.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@ mods, pay me to post and read threads on t-bhp! Enough free work i have done... For my 600 odd posts, please pay me atleast 60,000, @100Rs. per post...!

Soory abdriver2000 i went little
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:47   #19
BHPian

Tejas: There are forums where one has to pay to post. The best answers get the points which can be redeemed for cash or gifts.

Coming back to the topic, does anyone know of any part time internet opportunities which pay atleast 10K a month. Work should be strictly home-based and not very technical in nature. Even data entry is fine as far as it is completely home based and conducted over the net. Travelling is a no-no.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

There are some other options like creating blog and then signing up for Google Adsense, Adbrite, Kontera and many others like them.

In your blog, you put up a script ( in case of adbrite ) provided and then according to the content you post on the blog, the ads will appear. They can be banner, intext, full page ads., etc. When some visits your blog and clicks on ads, you will get paid.

This can help a bit. It took my friends more than 6 months to get $100. May be you can combine this with the present activity of ads to increase income.
I know people who manage upto the tune of $500 per month. I dont know how they do it, but I am a failure in this method of having a blog and then signing up for advertisments. This can be a bit helpful thats all.

I will be following this thread closely now.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
@ mods, pay me to post and read threads on t-bhp! Enough free work i have done... For my 600 odd posts, please pay me atleast 60,000, @100Rs. per post...!

Soory abdriver2000 i went little
HAhaha!! Funniest stuff.. Wish it was like that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Has anyone ever earned anything from the internet? My wife, who has a full time job managing our daughter, has a few hours to spend online every day.

She is a member of numerous forums which pay you to read SMS, or email, or take surveys or conduct searches. But her earnings are just enough to cover the internet expenses in the first place.

I believe, one needs to have a big team, or referrals as they are called, to make some real cash.

Any thoughts on how to increase the cash flow? I am not even looking at the ads which promise 50K a month for data entry. To begin with, she would be content with anything that pays her about 10K a month.

Please post your suggestions.
You can try hands on ebay. As well as Google Adsense is a good way to earn. I have earned a lot through that in past.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:59   #22
BHPian

aaggoswami: I had adsense on my blog for 2 months and it generated about 20 bucks before google closed it down. They never responded to any queries.

Ym-enjn: Can you elaborate about ebay?

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 3rd February 2009 at 21:04.
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Used to write articles for a tech site. My articles: QJ.NET - QuickJump Home - PS3 News, Wii News, Xbox 360 News, PSP News and more! (site is borked after redesign, doesn't go beyond first page.) Wrote about 400-500 articles for them, amounting to around ~2k USD in 6-7 months.
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

You should try getafreelancer.com and other such sites. You get projects and have to win them with bidding. And then win the payments by persistence :(

Lots of projects are non-technical and general in nature, like :

1. Write my school paper on XYZ topic e.g. "Wind Turbines"
2. Prepare of list of stores that have this thing ready for pick up, call all of them and get estimates
3. Run my errands that can be done online
4. Do my homework
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:48   #25
BHPian

Try Amazon Mechanical Turk. mturk.com
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

I run an online store.

I have blogs with Adsense and I get paid frequently. They are somewhat lethargic though. And you need to have quality and good readerbase.

There are various innovative ways you can think of. Visit various websites and maybe you will get some Idea.

Have a basic concept and we can help you develop it.
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Ym-enjn: Can you elaborate about ebay?
Yes sure.. its eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products I am sure you have heard about it. Open the site surf it, search for your favorite product, see its tutorials, read as much as you can. Selling on it is easier than most pc games.

You'll first have to make an ID. Then most important, you have to find a product which is conveniently available to you at better price or its a speciallity of your area. (i'll give examples later). Then learn to upload the product and choose between Auction selling or buy it now selling. Take genuine margin, ship timely and best quality products. Anyone can sell there, you can even sell your second hand products which you use no more.

I adviced my younger sister in 2004=05 to sell on ebay (it was bazee.com at that time). We in Jaipur have many unique famous products. So we short listed Jaipur quilts and Jaipur leather jutties(shoes). Both come in assorted colors and designs. So we didn't had to keep stock. Also there was huge gap in wholesale price and MRP. So she was making nice pocket money by selling few each month.
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:38   #28
BHPian

I earn from Internet by working as a freelance web designer. I make/manage/promote/optimize websites for my clients. I also have few blogs from which I earn by writing paid reviews and adsense as well.
Other tried and tested method of earning are flipping domain or website where you buy a domain for cheap, make a website and then sell it, or just hunt for good domains (expired or fresh) and then sell it for more bucks.
Old 4th February 2009, 18:40   #29
BHPian

devarshi: Mturk looks interesting, though the rewards are much smaller. Will give it a shot. Thanks for the lead.
Old 18th April 2009, 17:53   #30
Team-BHP Support

Just happened to come across this site - i dont know anything about it and i dont have anything to do with it, but i thought i would post it here for you guys to check out since it looks pretty decent :

Work from home doing part time jobs | Earn money online by data entry jobs

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks