Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2008, 20:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

@jkdas: No I am not going to drive everyday Kollam - Tvm. I can do that but that would still be the same amount of time I used to spend in Blr in the company bus returning from e-City to Koramangala a couple of years back. I drive home every weekend.

@greenhorn: 'Ciao' I had the same confusion you had, when I saw the ad of Fiat 500 with this word...

@speedzak: I am actually from Sooranad, a village situated around 30Kms from Kollam town. I deviate from NH47 at Kottiyam and then take the Kundara route which is easier for me than going though Kollam. Where are you exactly from?

I think many of us dream about an early retirement... but as of now it is early for me to think about retirement... so you're right.. I took the decision much earlier in life to come back...

If you happen see a moon mist grey Palio (KA 51M ...) inside the technopark, don't hesitate to wave/flash headlamps because that's me!

Last edited by clevermax : 19th October 2008 at 20:28.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

PS: which building ?
Old 19th October 2008, 20:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Clevermax, welcome back to Kerala. I hope you haven't forgotten the names of the places and roads in your hometown. That's what happened to me when i came back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Whoa that's some hatred you have towards Bangalore . Pathetic quality of life ? Anyways wishing you the best in Kerala, hope you like it there atleast clevermax.
Jay, he must've said that in his excitement of getting back to Kerala. I still cherish a lot of wonderful memories of my time in Bangalore, i miss Bangalore at times!
Er.. dust bit is true although
Old 19th October 2008, 21:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Five years in Bangalore and I could not take it any longer. So last month I said good bye to the city and with that, I parted with all that dust, roads either filled with potholes or humps infested by Indicabs, all that mad traffic, pathetic quality of life and many more undesirable things.

My car is breathing the sigh of relief from the dust and the uneven roads after having the 30K service done here at Trivandrum yesterday. After looking at the air filter in my car, which was installed at 22.5K service, the service technician asked me “Sir you never replaced the air filter in your car so far?”
I moved out of B'lore to Cochin in Dec 2002. When I moved back in October 2004 things had changed and HOW!! I ran away again in Dec 2005 and have been in Cbe since.

My work is now forcing a shift out - its a toss betweenI am now having to contemplate between Hyd and Blr - And as much as I love the cities I am dreading the thought of moving!!
Old 19th October 2008, 21:12   #20
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Jay, he must've said that in his excitement of getting back to Kerala. I still cherish a lot of wonderful memories of my time in Bangalore, i miss Bangalore at times!
Er.. dust bit is true although
I can Certainly see the excitement .
Old 19th October 2008, 21:25   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for being anal, but CIAO means "farewell".

Technically you are saying bye to B'lore AND Kerala

Anyway, all the best!!
Old 19th October 2008, 21:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I can Certainly see the excitement .
Hmm...There's nothing much for me to miss in Bangalore apart from my previous company and the 'company' of some good old friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Anyway, all the best!!
Fiat 500 Ad in India said "Ciao India...." How come?! Anyway I meant "Hello...." in my case

Last edited by clevermax : 19th October 2008 at 21:28.
Old 19th October 2008, 21:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Anyway, all the best!!
Right & wrong

Ciao can be used for both Hello and Goodbye.

From Wiki:
Quote:
In contemporary Italian usage, ciao is interchangeable for both an informal hello and goodbye...
Old 19th October 2008, 22:11   #24
BHPian

Welcome Home- ROCK ON ! I'm am an x-bangaloreian myself- I've been here for 17 yrs and have no regrearts. I love my Job, environment, opportunities...
I believe in "your day is as busy as YOU make it"
CleverMax, you'll hate Harthals after you get here ( I told you so!!)
Tvm Tech park is up-to=date and happening too
Old 19th October 2008, 22:11   #25
BANNED

e
Quote:
Five years in Bangalore and I could not take it any longer. So last month I said good bye to the city and with that, I parted with all that dust, roads either filled with potholes or humps infested by Indicabs, all that mad traffic, pathetic quality of life and many more undesirable things.

My car is breathing the sigh of relief from the dust and the uneven roads after having the 30K service done here at Trivandrum yesterday. After looking at the air filter in my car, which was installed at 22.5K service, the service technician asked me “Sir you never replaced the air filter in your car so far?”

So as the newest member into the team-bhpians at Trivandrum/Cochin, looking forward to meet you people, may be at some team-bhp meets!
Been here in Bengaluru for 30 yrs great city to be in. Nothing else will do. Great weather, Great Food, Great people-multilingual. Great alls man.

Any ways best of luck for your relocation. You have to sweat it out in kerala BTW(humid ).

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 19th October 2008 at 22:13.
Old 19th October 2008, 22:18   #26
BHPian

Hey Sunil! Great move I say! Nothing like home . B'lore PUG will miss you . Planning to change your registration?
Old 19th October 2008, 22:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Achumama's Wonderland" I liked this term..

Yea, all good things comes at a cost... in my case, it could be that I've to be part of whatever you've mentioned. I had worked in Kerala for 3.5 years before moving to Delhi. Afterwards I moved to Bangalore and now I am back again. For me (At least for me), this is so far the best place to work and live, in India, out of the places I've seen.
you stole my words. Great news. The thing is i have never realised all the good things when i lived in TvM. muttathe mullakku manamilla...
you will appreciate the life there once you are back 100 times better.
i agree that tvm is the best livable place (even comparing with other countries) beach, year round sun shine, humidity (good for skin), high oxygen (good for cars...my t-ohc was flying there).
congrats mate. see you soon..(well hope i too can move).
Old 19th October 2008, 22:24   #28
BANNED

Ain't it better to come till Karunagapalli and then go to Shooranad rather than breaking head on the small roads after Kundara?
Or you prefer village roads with less traffic?
Old 19th October 2008, 22:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Hey Sunil! Great move I say! Nothing like home . B'lore PUG will miss you . Planning to change your registration?
Hey Sushant! I have no plans as of now to change the registration... The kerala police is not that keen on finding cars with non KL registration..
And I'll miss all you guys in Bangalore PUG too... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
you stole my words. Great news. The thing is i have never realised all the good things when i lived in TvM. muttathe mullakku manamilla...
you will appreciate the life there once you are back 100 times better.
i agree that tvm is the best livable place (even comparing with other countries) beach, year round sun shine, humidity (good for skin), high oxygen (good for cars...my t-ohc was flying there).
congrats mate. see you soon..(well hope i too can move).
And you just told what I wanted to say too. ("The thing is i have never realised all the good things when i lived in TvM.") I think this happens with most of us who move out of town seeking a job somewhere outside this state, only to realize after sometime that you really belong to this hot & humid, clean & green one big village called Kerala.

Last edited by clevermax : 19th October 2008 at 22:30.
Old 19th October 2008, 23:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the pollution free air and beaches!!! Hope I could make the same move soon, but looks like I'd have to slog in Bangy for another year.

Cheers,
Jag
Closed Thread

Most Viewed