Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 14:36   #31
BHPian

re: If you Love Sea Food and Can drive to Quilon (Kollam)

While the suggestions for seafood will keep pouring in, any good places for vegetarians to try out in Kollam? Will be going on a trip this weekend.
Old 14th August 2013, 15:10   #32
BHPian

re: If you Love Sea Food and Can drive to Quilon (Kollam)

Great to know that my usual place is featured in t-bhp - Chandran Pilla's place at Thirumullavaram, Kollam.

The place is just 1 km from my home and hence get the best fish every time. I haunt this place atleast once a month, just to have good fish (read: full fish).

The other place for good seafood on NH-47 is called Hotspot, a small joint near Kollam Collectorate.

Another good place on NH 47 is near Kalluvathulkal. When goin from Kollam to Trivandrum, about 100mts after the Kalluvathulakal traffic signal on the left side there is a small hotel, its a small shed (cant remember the name, I think its called Kalavara). I've been there a couple of time and found the food to be excellent. It doesn't burn a hole in your pocket too.
Old 10th November 2013, 20:34   #33
BHPian

Re: If you Love Sea Food and Can drive to Quilon (Kollam)

Just saw this hotel Chandran pillais place in TV program Tani Naadan.(Did a google search and landed here ) The fish pieces are bigger up to knee of hand. And all prepared in good old natural method. Especially the kappa. Will try this place during Christmas. Is this the one just near to beach?
Sharon, can you share the google map link please?

Last edited by devil_klm : 10th November 2013 at 20:37.
Old 12th November 2013, 12:55   #34
BHPian

Re: If you Love Sea Food and Can drive to Quilon (Kollam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Just saw this hotel Chandran pillais place in TV program Tani Naadan.(Did a google search and landed here ) The fish pieces are bigger up to knee of hand. And all prepared in good old natural method. Especially the kappa. Will try this place during Christmas. Is this the one just near to beach?
Sharon, can you share the google map link please?
I'll do even better, I'll PM you my num.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks