Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sam ji left us in the middle of nowhere.

Amazing writeup man. Already enjoying it
P.S. Have already subscribed to the thread .
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:53   #17
BHPian

Aur likh kutte kameeney!

(No offence meant)
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:19   #18
BANNED

@TheOne - you need bindi too. See this link for what it is.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ottu.battu.jpg

(PS - I did NOT mean sindoor. There is some more time for it!!)

(PPS:- Sindor is - Sindoor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ; and this is how it is used - http://www.webindia123.com/women/images/sindoor1.gif )

Mods - the images are probably copyrighted; hence not posting them here.
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:19   #19
BHPian

Lovely writing style, i'm hooked! Keep it coming!

And i've subscribed too
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:12   #20
BHPian

Wow , Thats the only word to say. An awesome romantic writeup.
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

Cold War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Nena-99 Luftballons.
My dad still has the 25 year old 33 rpm record of this album. It has both, the original German, and the translated English versions of the song.
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2008, 08:57   #22

Jenny dear, you are just looking gorgeous in that attire. A bindi like someone said and some wooden bangles to go with that dress would be the icing on the cake.

Sam, next time you both are in Bangalore feel free to buzz me for help. I shall be glad to take Jenny out shopping. And maybe you can hang out with the boys. Though one thing I realized is, when you go out shopping like this, its quite romantic. And its evident from your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Sometimes we just choose a few things, a few we buy. I must confess, I buy some stuff too.
Last month, Rahul took me to one such exhibition too. As I am checking out for some bindi's and bangles, I turn to him to ask him how it looks. I see him nowhere in my sight. When I start looking out for him I find him at a shop buying a potato chips slicer, vegetable cutter and what not . I gave him this weird look, and he quickly starts to explain how he will be able to cook all my favourite dishes that much quicker, better etc. It was really hilarious.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 26th October 2008

It’s Sunday!! We wake up and listen to many songs on my iPod, singing and laughing and not in the mood to get out of bed.
But I have an excellent plan.

It is time for a wonderful hand and foot massage. I know a Chinese Reflexology Massage place - very different from that standard Thai foot massage place. This is Chinese and similar in many aspects to acupressure. I will not get into details as I am not very well versed with them, to tell you the truth.

We drive to Linking Road and find a place to park in the KFC lane. Shen Reflexology is in the same building as Leena Mogre’s fitness place in Bandra. The studio is small but very tasteful, almost zen-like. (No not the car, lol)
I have been here before but it is Jenny’s first time here. Soon Trupti and Chon-Chon put us at ease. The music is soothing and the diffusers and sea-salts smell divine. After the customary soaking, the massage begins.
It is truly wonderful, the massage. We have opted for 30 minutes of hand and 30 minutes of foot. The atmosphere, smell overall ambience spells soothing. We’re facing a miniature Zen Garden and a beautifully textured wall. 15 minutes into the massage I turn to Jenny who is in the chair next to me only to find her asleep already.
Later she kneads the soles of my feet until I too am smiling and floating.
An hour later Trupti is massaging my back and shoulders as part of the windup.

Both Jenny and I love massages and make it a point to get one whenever possible (as some of you may have noticed from my earlier blogs) and this one ranks very high on our list of enjoyable experiences.

I’d recommend it strongly. It is not expensive at all (about Rs.700/- for the above experience) and if you told them you were sent by Sam Kapasi, you’d get a nice discount too. Shen Reflexology Studio – 9930717676.

It’s about 2pm when we float out of the place and step out onto Linking Road. Madame wants to buy some dry fruit and shoes. As we cross some fancy stores Jenny sees the kind of Churidar suit she wants to wear tonight.

Let’s go inside.
Huh? In there?
Inside, see that blue dress.
More clothes Schatz?
For tonight, come on that’s what I want to wear. Come on!!

The problem with walking into a store with a firang is that in a matter of seconds salespeople are trying to kill each other in an attempt to help Madame. I find this most amusing initially and a bit tiresome later.
As you can guess, we are here for much time as Jenny steps out in shimmering heavy Punjabi suits and kurtis and what-not.

2 hours later we find what she wants and it fits her well from Bright Emporium at Linking Road, opposite Quality dry fruits. They have excellent clothes and are better priced than the rest of the places that I frankly found very expensive.

Time to hit the shoe bazaar now.

An enjoyable afternoon and we’re home, in time to rest a little, shower and leave for the Diwali party. This one is going to be elaborate and fun. I wear an interesting purple Kurta and black salwar and Jenny rakes her time, getting dressed and doing her hair.

She looks beautiful in her choo-ree-dar suit. See?

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_33681_thumb.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3369cut.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3377_thumb.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3379_thumb.jpg

I take a few pictures at home, opting not to carry my camera, much to Jenny’s annoyance. The party is beautiful and elaborate with lots of Mithai, Kailash Parbat chaat counter (Somebody emptied half a bottle of Smirnoff in the Pani Puri ka Paani), flowers and more.
There are many firangs here too, all dressed in Indian clothes. I meet a Scotsman with his Japanese wife, both living in India. The world is really getting smaller.

There is a teen-patti flush table and they have taken Jenny away from me.

You sit next to me, you are my good luck.
No she’s my partner, you sit here.
But I don’t know how to play!
Doesn’t matter, I’ll show you, you sit with me.
Oh, look at her she looks so beautiful in those clothes.
Germany ben Germany ben, ayya aaoo. (This is for the Gujaratis, they were teasing her)

I too am enjoying the attention she gets. After a hour she gets up looking for change in new 10 rupee notes. Madame wants to play cards.
I stand behind her and help her by nodding and shaking my head. The table is full of screaming people, behaving in most funny ways. Everytime someone wins he or she has to get up and dance to an item number in the most lewd way possible.

I manage to catch Manoj and Jenny standing with one head on top of their heads and another on the hip, shaking in an utterly impossible manner. Manoj is singing MUNGDA MUNGDAAA mai maike chalee and Jenny is imitating him and dancing in this awfully cute manner while everyone is laughing and clapping. Soon she breaks out of that dance laughing and clapping with everyone else.

See what I did? I don’t need to tell you how I felt at that moment, do I? You are already imagining that situation with a warm smile and you already know how I felt at that moment.

Here are a few photos from the party, that another friend took.

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-img_2049.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-img_2053.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-img_2062.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-img_2100.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-img_2110.jpg

We return home laden with gifts, tired and happy. Happy Diwali everyone.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd November 2008 at 11:14.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:31   #24
BHPian

Truly beautiful experience, Sam & Jenny.

That seems to have been a perfect start to a long Indian innings hereon.
Old 4th November 2008, 02:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Manoj is teaching me Hindi!
Really?
I smile. What did he teach you?
He taught me that when I want to call you I should say
"Idhar aa kutte kameeney."
We had a somewhat similar incident in our office .There was this Chinese guy from our company and had come to India for a month or two. One day he was being hounded by our client's engineer on some petty issue. For fun we taught him "Don't disturb" in Hindi "Tang mat karo".

So later in that day after lunch, everyone was doing his work when suddenly there was a sound / noise in the air with heavy chinese hindi accent "Taaang maat karoo" . It took us quiet a moment to undestand what he said and those client's enginner were kept at bay for the rest of the day.
Old 4th November 2008, 04:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

(Yetinote: I hope that some of you will be able to explain some traditions of Diwali and their reasons for TheOne® when she does read this thread, I am sure she will enjoy it very much. )
Jenny,

diwali is supposed to be worship of goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth. That's why the business community uses this day to close their books and start new accounts, and this is also why everybody gambles, thinking the goddess will be happy and shower them with more money.

there are more traditions like leaving the door open so goddess can come in (hopefully the thieves won't).
Old 4th November 2008, 08:01   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely Diwali for you Sam. TheOne is looking amazing in Indian get up.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog 27th October 2008

Monday monday.

I get up, get dressed and go to work. Jenny has some meetings and job interviews today. I wish her luck and spend the day working at the office.

This evening we are to go to watch Russell Peters.

I leave the office early and return to Bandra. We get delayed because of her meetings. I am most upset and quite disappointed that we may not make it to the show in time.
The traffic is awful, getting to Shanmukhananda is a terrible ordeal. We jump out of the car and start walking, nay running towards the auditorium. There is a long line to enter the hall. We make it in time for the opening act.

Russell is good, very funny, everything I expected. It's not as tight as the previous recorded show, it appears to have lesser material and more impromptu, which is not a bad thing.
Jenny is a bit shocked about how he has taken off on the 13 year old boy in the front row.

She's busy doing something, asking me something, distracted when I hear Russell say

Are there any Germans in here tonight?
I look at her open mouthed. She stares back at me. What?
I try to raise her arm and she instinctively tries to drag it back down thinking I am pulling some prank. WHAT?
Here! I try to shout as some other half German-half Korean(!!) lady in the crowd answers Russell.

I look at her accusatively. WHAT?? she says as I realise that she has no idea what just happened.

He was asking if there are any Germans in here tonight!
Really? Why?
Uhh...

Half a minute later he's laughing about the the German word for nipple and how harsh and ugly it is.

I'm laughing, I turn to her and Jenny is not amused.
He doesn't even know how to pronounce it, that's not even how you pronounce Brustwarze!
It's a comedy act Jenny, for God's sake, lol.

Getting out of the show is an even bigger nightmare. Crowd, fumes, mismanagement and traffic. We get home, visit a small restaurant close by for dinner and retire.

Tomorrow is the Diwali Pooja in the office.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:58   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 28th October 2008 - Diwali

Happy Diwali!!

Time to get up and get dressed for the office Laxmi Pooja. Every year we have this little traditional ceremony and this year TheOne® will be part of it.

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3399_thumb.jpg

Oh!! What this line of flowers on the car?
It is part of the tradition of Diwali.
But why do you worship your car?
Well we do this with our cars and homes and machines and more.
Why?
Uhhh....

We reach a little early and spend some time checking emails and stuff.
YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3402_thumb.jpg

Now it is time for the pooja. It is great fun and Jenny finds it extremely interesting.

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3423_thumb.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3442_thumb.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3449_thumb.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3468_thumb.jpg

YetiBlog® - Love, massage and fireworks - A Diwali story-dsc_3413_thumb.jpg

Later we go out for lunch, it is wonderful.

Time to return home, shower and change. This evening will be very interesting.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I manage to catch Manoj and Jenny standing with one head on top of their heads and another on the hip, shaking in an utterly impossible manner.
One head on top of their head?? Even this typo error of your's made me to imagine Jenny with 2 heads!! ROFLMAO!!

Jokes apart, I loved your story. . .waiting for more!

Most Viewed