Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 14:09   #16
BHPian

Well, Mods, I can only say that please help. Its not everyday that brotherhood comes to limelight amongst us. So why not let this be a start.
Old 4th November 2008, 14:32   #17
BHPian

Gather some close friends. College friends. Work friends. Invite them over for a beer after the works done. Its just getting the work done.
Old 4th November 2008, 14:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Gather some close friends. College friends. Work friends. Invite them over for a beer after the works done. Its just getting the work done.
i know off topic, but if you start giving free beers, i'm sure we can gather a lot more t-bhpians for your "parking heartache protest"
Old 4th November 2008, 14:43   #19
BHPian

way to go buddy. I'm sure he'll get ideas cranking up under that bonnet of his.

All the best buddy. I hope you get your parking "peace".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
i know off topic, but if you start giving free beers, i'm sure we can gather a lot more t-bhpians for your "parking heartache protest"
Old 4th November 2008, 15:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

I found this document
MAHARASHTRA REGIONAL AND TOWN PLANNING ACT, 1966
MCGM Development Control Regulations - 1991 | /bmc/upload/16491/MCGM_DCR_20_07_06.pdf | karmayog.org

Tried to find something but am in the middle of some work and my initial searches were not very promising.

A more detailed study might help you out.

Why don't you take a picture of the balcony with the plants and stuff.
Stick it on a chart paper. and beside it mention that you will report to BMC.

Leave this poster by the elevator.

try and find a copy of the order banning the plants and stuff on the balcony. and put that on the poster as well.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Thats true but still he can find some place within apartment where he can park the vehicle
If he can find place in his apartment to park, then it'll solve all his problems!
Then he'll just have to deal with getting the car into the lift!
Old 4th November 2008, 15:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
If he can find place in his apartment to park, then it'll solve all his problems!
Idea was to park the car where vehicles should not be parked.Like next to swimming pool or next to garden area or next to gate etc
Old 4th November 2008, 17:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Well, you can try putting up a net. At least it will prevent any major dent. wont be a costly affair. Good old mosquito net will do unless the whole pot itself falls!
Best solution; Though we own the building and don't have a problem with parking spots or tenant discipline, cannon-coconuts were absolutely ruining our cars. Even the C220 windscreen was shattered apart by falling objects.

We have put up flexi-nets over the space occupied by our cars. A year up, zero maintenance (except for cleaning), cheap and very effective. I will put up pictures soon.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:14   #24

update...

thanks to all who replied...

However I ran the idea of a net/fibre glass/aluminium sheild over the spot by them. They didnt agree to it. The fibre glass and aluminium sheild was ruled out without a second thought. The net will spoil the show of the building was their comment.

I tried everything. speaking politely to all concerned. on the face they talk nicely. but then they actually do something else. The person from whose pot the stone fell is my next door neighbor. but he is refusing to accept it fell from his pot. He is saying it must have fallen from someone else's pot. When I showed him that I can see the mud of his pot on my car roof and on the side of his pot and on the parapet of the floor below his, he started hinting strongly that I must have damaged it outside and now I’m trying to blame him. (I made a mistake by not taking photos back then. I should have done it and also of the damage done to my glass.) I can’t park in his spot because he parks in front of his garage(another car in there) and no one can park in front of his garage besides him.

I’ve attached a drawing of the parking area. The left side (A) is how it is right now and the right side (B) is how I proposed it to be. The red block symbolizes my car. The black one is of my next door neighbor. The cars marked by the yellow block and green block are the other concerned people’s cars here. The other small blue blocks are the other cars. The large dark gray block symbolizes my building. The green arrow points to the space required to be kept so that bikes can pass through and go behind the building. The pink arrow points to the building entrance.

I can’t park too far away from the side of the building and close to the yellow car as then there is the danger of the bikes grazing past and scratching it. Even the person owning the yellow car is not good at driving and has dashed into the green car twice when parking. So besides the bikes scratching that’s another reason I don’t want to park so close to it. So then I proposed the way as shown on the right side diagram(B). I repeatedly told the committee members, but it fell on deaf ears. They would just try to reason with me saying that stones won’t fall every day and that these kinds of expenses are routine when you own a car (...what??). Just because you have trouble don’t give trouble to everyone.... (really absurd statement huh!!)

Finally when no one was willing to try out the option I was suggesting of an alternative parking spot as shown in (B). I went and parked there just to prove that it can be done without affecting anyone. But my mistake was in miscalculating the length of the green car. If all three cars were there, I would have known exactly where to put it. The owner of the green car was displaced and his car’s boot started protruding outwards towards the gate a bit. He created a hug ruckus and made me look like a trouble maker when all I was trying to do was reason with him about a possible alternative. He went to the extent of saying if I park my car there again he will dash into it and damage it and stop me from parking in the compound altogether. He is the building secretary and he claims to have the power to do it. He had the rest of the building oldies with him and they were all one against me. Now even though I told him with a little adjustment it can be managed he wasnt willing to listen. NOT AT ALL. He was fuming and just fell short of getting abusive and using filthy language.

A few days later I spoke politely to the owner of the yellow car and got him to park as per my proposed way. That day he did it saying he is not sure he will want to do it as a permanent solution. The next day he went back to how he used to park it before. Now I’m choosing the lesser of the two expenses and parking far away from the building side and closer to the yellow car as in the diagram (A) on the left. When I do this everybody tells me I have parked in the middle and I’m creating problems for the guys who need to take their motorbikes behind (not to mention the dirty looks!).

I feel this really unfair on their part. What would you think?

Thanks for reading my long post.

Note from Mod - please do not use external formating tags. Write in simple text and paste if you must
Attached Thumbnails
parking heartache-parking.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 4th November 2008 at 20:58. Reason: please do not use external formating tags. Write in simple text and paste if you mus
Old 4th November 2008, 20:16   #25

Quote:

u know I really wish I could shrink the car and carry it in my pocket when I've reached my destination.. no troubles at all then ha
Old 4th November 2008, 20:59   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Time To Get Aggressive

Quote:
"He went to the extent of saying if I park my car there again he will dash into it and damage it and stop me from parking in the compound altogether. He is the building secretary and he claims to have the power to do it. He had the rest of the building oldies with him and they were all one against me. Now even though I told him with a little adjustment it can be managed he wasnt willing to listen. NOT AT ALL. He was fuming and just fell short of getting abusive and using filthy language."
Don't take this lying down. Tell him its not his property that he can't allow you in the compound.

I think its time to get more proactive:

Threaten police and bmc complain or file an FIR for intimidation against your secretary.

Why don't you start throwing mud and stones at other people's cars from your window?

Or else keep my free beer ready... tbhpians are coming!!!cheers:

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 4th November 2008 at 21:00.
Old 5th November 2008, 00:17   #27
BHPian

Daemon, I have a similar problem where I live. The parking space allotted to me was different in actual than the drawings. The pillars hardly provided 4-5 feet of space for the car to enter the space.
However, the relief is that there are other empty spots & I have actually taken over a very convenient space. Also, I owed some 22k to the builder for a 3phase meter they installed in my apt, & I have completely denied paying it unless they don't take care of the problem or refund the amt I had paid for the parking space. The funny part is that the builder stopped calling since they have already handed over all the possession documents with the 22k outstanding.
I have raised a complaint with the consumer courts but no response yet. So basically I will continue hijacking someone elses spot till I get my own parking space. Other than that I wouldn't know what to unless it really really gets on my nerves.
Also, please do not gather a crowd to confront anyone at your building unless you have been literally harassed. I suppose you will be living there for quite some time, & you always would want to have a peaceful atmosphere.
Old 5th November 2008, 02:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Just a suggestion: Could you ask the concerned neighbour to install some kind of containers below his pots, or even perhaps the netting/fibreglass etc... that you had proposed installing over your car? That should prevent the stones, dirty water etc... from spoiling your car, although you might still get some water, but hopefully the dirt n stones would have settled down.

From your narrative, it appears that the society comprises fairly decent folks, who might understand your situation, but not know how to deal with it. In this case, creating a ruckus might not be the best idea. Try and work out an amicable solution to your problem, since you've got to live with your neighbours for some time to come.

Hope things work out for you dude, changing windscreens regularly can be expensive. ;-(

Last edited by Lalvaz : 5th November 2008 at 02:43.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

I feel you got to make the people in your society experience the same what you actually did. Especially for the person who believes that owners of cars do face such expenses. I know this is vandalism but seems like your society members are nothing less than that.

This is a small case which could be solved easily but is getting stretched due to ego issues. Is the beer offer still valid?
Old 8th November 2008, 12:14   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
A year up, zero maintenance (except for cleaning), cheap and very effective. I will put up pictures soon.
A picture if it helps anyone:

parking heartache-moto_0279.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks