Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 00:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have attended all the rock shows in bangalore. But, i wont be able to make it for this one.

I heard Metallica is going to be in Bangalore. Don't know when. But, I won't miss that for anything
Hehe. That one's been doing the rounds for the past two years now. No chance in hell that's ever going to happen
Old 26th November 2008, 01:00   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have seen every maiden show in India and will go again!! UP THE IRONS!!
I am wondering if we can have another party @ Sam's when you come down to watch the show this time .
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

ROCK IN INDIA - 2009

Just got my tickets. Coming with my BIL. Will not be staying, but will fly down for the day and return the same evening.
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

was there the first time they came in 06 it was truly awesome..
and rumors of metallica and even ac dc after their new album Black ice released are coming to India r there.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:24   #20
BHPian

Only 5 days to go, and i dont know why this thread is so dead!

I've got the tickets for me and its going to be ONLY me, as my friends have ditched their concert plans as most of them are going to be travelling. So i was wondering if I could meetup with some t-bhpian who could use my company, as I feel it wont be all that fun to go alone.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:52   #21
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i was there for the last concert in blr and i'm going again !!
Old 16th February 2009, 01:35   #22
BHPian

Just got back from the concert. Will be posting a few pics tomo. Not in a state to do it now. It was fun. Bungee Jumping, the band, the girls and the F1 car!!!!
Old 16th February 2009, 10:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

what a show it was!!!

good vocal crowd, booze, bungee jumping, official merchandises and of course the Gods of Heavy Metal, Iron Maiden themselves \m/

My voice is gone and so is my neck

Sitting in office now with a dazed look in my eyes
Old 16th February 2009, 13:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

So, Iron Maiden realize that they can come every year to Bangalore, play the same old stuff, and still be a sell out.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:25   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
So, Iron Maiden realize that they can come every year to Bangalore, play the same old stuff, and still be a sell out.
2 basic questions:

1) Do you enjoy the music of Iron Maiden?
2) Have you attended any one of their shows at Bangalore?

I have attended all 3 maiden shows in India and have met some people who are travelling the world with Iron Maiden, present at every show in every city of the world since 2 years.

Yesterday iron Maiden delivered the most outstanding performance that they have in India. They sang a lot of material previously unheard live - including The Phantom of the Opera (!!).

IF Iron maiden played all their hits (ONLY their hits!), the performance would need in excess of 5 hours.

It's a live show alpha, the magic of a live performance can be vaguely felt when you watch a live DVD (again and again) - but only just vaguely. The magic of being there, surrounded by thousands of men and women who share the same passion as you, singing and bouncing till your legs hurt and your throat feel like it bursts...

It would be a very biased man who would make a statement like the one you have made. Music is a choice. In India certain artists have been producing the same music, singing in the same nasal voice and people have been buying their music for years. I respect that, because buying music or attending a concert is an individual choice.

In any case your statement is quite baseless as they came to Bangalore on March 17th 2007, that is TWO years ago. Last year in Feb 2008 they played in Mumbai and I do not think all the young men and women of Bangalore that enjoy iron Maiden could afford to travel to Mumbai for the show. Most Bangaloreans were seeing them after 2 years.
AND the show that happened in Bangalore 2 years ago was the promotion of "A Matter of Life and Death" and was focussed on only their new material, while Somewhere Back in Time focusses on the years where they made their maximum mark (Between 1983 to 1990) - So what Bangalore saw last tim in March 2007e was quite, quite different from what they saw yesterday. Different set, different Eddie, Different songs and a whole new energy level!

They started the SBIT tour in Mumbai and came back to India for the last leg, only to a different cit -, something that Maiden has been doing on many of their tours including Death on the Road and the finest, World Slavery Tour (Live after Death). In many countries, Maiden returns while they are on tour. It's because their fans enjoy their music and the distance between Bangalore and Mumbai is more than the distance between some European countries.

Iron Maiden has been around in the limelight for exactly 29 years now and the group pretty much stands as a pillar of thematic Heavy Metal. I would go to every show they played in India.

Besides, Iron Maiden made up for the last 25% of a well organised Rock Festival that featured 9 bands from 2 in the afternoon onwards. The weather was great, the sun was hot and the breeze was cool. UB had organised a summer garden with a great bar, there was bungee jumping, some decent food, lots of interesting people, sitting around, sunbathing, some without shirts (I was surprised at the number of international tourists and expats present)
The bands were excellent, there were about 4 international bands and the music ranged from Hard Rock, Metal, Grunge to Death and grindcore and even an Italian Industrial band with a scantily clad cheerleader to boot!

Rock has come of age in India, especially in Bangalore. I'd like to see more of what happened yesterday.

Up The Irons!!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th February 2009 at 13:35.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:30   #26
rippergeo

@sam- I read alpha1's comment and thought that it was a great compliment to Iron Maiden,Really! Their songs never get boring.

Old 16th February 2009, 13:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@sam- I read alpha1's comment and thought that it was a great compliment to Iron Maiden,Really! Their songs never get boring.
Never will. Only they didn't play the same songs and they weren't in Bangalore last year
Old 16th February 2009, 15:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sam, very well said. You know I was at the coupon counter when I saw you. By the time I got the coupons you had disappeared ( though cant believe how could not find you inspite of your towering over most of the crowd) I was there from 4 pm onwards and man did the entire show rock.
I absolutely love the Bangalore crowd. I always wanted to sing " Fear of the Dark" with a crowd of ppl who love Maiden and oh was my wish granted.
Maiden Rocks ...and How.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
2 basic questions:

I have attended all 3 maiden shows in India and have met some people who are travelling the world with Iron Maiden, present at every show in every city of the world since 2 years.

Yesterday iron Maiden delivered the most outstanding performance that they have in India. They sang a lot of material previously unheard live - including The Phantom of the Opera (!!).
Oh Sam that is why you were missing at the Blind man Car rally.

Neither did you nor Adi made it .
No worries though, the 15 odd BHPian with one mentally challenged navigator made up for you absence.

Though we missed you .

I didn't know maiden were performing in India. I didn't even see any ads about this performance.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I always wanted to sing " Fear of the Dark" with a crowd of ppl who love Maiden and oh was my wish granted.
Live shows always rock, but if you wanna do that more often..try the various pubs here. One of the most played song is this one. . My personal favorite is purple haze on residency road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks