Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 14:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Inhuman - Where are we heading?

The Hindu : Front Page : Law college students clash; one critical

Quote:
According to police sources, a group armed with deadly weapons, including iron rods and clubs, attacked some students at the main gate in full public view. Police entered the campus after obtaining a complaint from the college Principal. An altercation over printing of a pamphlet to mark the Thevar Jayanthi celebrations on October 30 led to the clash. When some students were coming out of the college after writing the semester examinations at about 5 p.m. on Wednesday, the attack started. For about half an hour, armed youths went on the rampage.

Last edited by Surprise : 13th November 2008 at 14:10.
Old 13th November 2008, 14:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

OMG, what the hell is happening to my country? I see that the police are just staring at the incidents and they are hitting that poor chap like this?
I don't know what to tell man, my hands are shivering seeing this. poor chap has no energy to stand too.

Btw, will this video help to take action against those police and person who was attacking?
Old 13th November 2008, 14:22   #3
BHPian

Did the person who was assaulted by the goons using sticks survive?
Old 13th November 2008, 14:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

The guy who got hit at the gates is different from the one who is limping at the end of the video.

Quote:
The condition of Arumugham, who suffered a head injury, was said to be critical. He is on life-support system, say doctors.
Guess this is the guy who got beaten at the gates.

Last edited by Surprise : 13th November 2008 at 14:24.
Old 13th November 2008, 14:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Where are we heading, you ask? Down the drain, thats where.

I cant decide which of the two i am more disgusted at? The fact that we can be so merciless with each other or the fact that our police force has no sense of duty?
Old 13th November 2008, 14:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

This country has no end to the depth to which it can fall. Shocking...just shocking...

The guys who attacked and clobbered the guy at the gate and the cops who stood there watching should be subjected to the same treatment so they realise how it feels to go through that. I wonder if that poor guy will ever be physically normal again.

The behavior of the cops is absolutely shocking! How could they just stand so calmly over there and watch someone get clobbered?! And how could the guys hammer someone so badly? Even animals are better then human beings.

This is the only country where you go to jail for drunk driving but get bail for killing, rioting, creating hatred among people etc!

And all of this for what? Because of some pamphlet that was printed?! Again, we are the only country and race that will accept zero infrastructure, endless power and water cuts, non-performing governments, zero quality of life but will get angry and agitated over trivial issues!

Last edited by amit : 13th November 2008 at 14:34.
Old 13th November 2008, 14:33   #7
BHPian

Gory,..blood curdling , animosity at its worst ever !

Nothing and I mean nothing on earth is worth this kind of retribution !!

I am going to throw up !!!
Old 13th November 2008, 14:33   #8
BHPian

This is horrible. The police is standing nearby and doing nothing. I wonder, what caused all this?
Old 13th November 2008, 14:36   #9
BHPian

The police have justified their (in)action by saying that they could not interfere unless the college principal gave them the permission and claim that this was an internal problem of the college.
Old 13th November 2008, 14:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The police have justified their (in)action by saying that they could not interfere unless the college principal gave them the permission and claim that this was an internal problem of the college.
Man, even if they are questioned for interfering into internal issue, I think it makes much sense to "act" during this time. Its like a life & death situation and the excuses police gave is ridiculous.

Hope the opponent party in TN will take this and try to see that it does not happen again in any part.
Old 13th November 2008, 14:49   #11
BHPian

The link below has more details on the cause of this incident. But not sure if this is true.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/s...=rSY%7C6QYp3kQ=
Old 13th November 2008, 14:58   #12
BHPian

Whatever happened is unthinkable in a civilized society! The buggers in KHAKHI must be punished first of all. Police is responsible for maintaining law and order...the person on the gate was getting beaten like hell and the police was just looking here and there.

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 13th November 2008 at 14:59.
Old 13th November 2008, 15:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The intent of this post is not to justify the inaction.

But if I remember right,the last time the police interefered in a similar clash,lawyers all over Tamilnadu called for an agitation to oppose the Police AGRESSION on their brethren.

By the way for guys outside TN ,those scenese are that of the Law college students fighting and ofcourse the Law college students have their own laws.If the Police try to interfere,then next morning we have a Lawyer's strike all over TN - as I mentioned above,it happened and that too recently I think.Seems the rule of the land,that they practice,is NEVER EVER applicable to them.

While my heart goes out for the person getting hit there,its a fact that its their own making.

Last edited by jraj : 13th November 2008 at 15:23. Reason: more info
Old 13th November 2008, 15:11   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I have been a 1st hand witness in one such brutal gang brawl in my ex-college. The fight was basically between North Indians and South Indians. Some of the hostilities were going on a rampage eve-teasing girls and this turned into a mid-afternoon brawl with hockey sticks, bats, wickets and what not. Blood was sprewn all over the entrance, two students of my own class beaten almost to death.

Such is the intensity of these goons, that they even threatened to beat up the teachers who tried to rescue the students. Frantic calls to the cops, they stepped in and arrested the students, only to be let off on bail the very next day. The judicial system in our country I must say is probably the worst in the world.

If I had a gun, I would have shot them at point black and ridden the earth of such undeserving souls. I immediately changed my college after that incident. But every college you go to there is this problem. Owing to non-enforcement of law they are willing to take anything into their own hands.

What starts of as a small issue can really turn ugly due to their goon mentality. I wish there was a way to fight this all.
Old 13th November 2008, 15:28   #15
Team-BHP Support

I am not surprised at the student violence, such things have happened in my college days too. What surprised the hell out of me is that dozens of policemen watching the whole drama from just 30ft away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks