Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 14:36   #1
BHPian

Student discount on Air Travel?

Guyz, need help again.
I wanted to know- Is there some sort of a concession in travel rates for college students( both in air and train travel)?
My sister has to return home for the holidays and she had heard somewhere that there is such a concession for students. I'm not sure. Plz help.
Thnx
Old 13th November 2008, 15:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
Guyz, need help again.
I wanted to know- Is there some sort of a concession in travel rates for college students( both in air and train travel)?
My sister has to return home for the holidays and she had heard somewhere that there is such a concession for students. I'm not sure. Plz help.
Thnx
Jet Airways has it for sure, as mentioned on the website
(http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/e...ssional+Fares/)

Quote:
We offer students a 50% concession on the basic adult fare in Economy Class on all sectors operated by Jet Airways. All you need to do is fill up the student's concession form, have it authorized by your school / institution authority, and submit it with a photograph and your identity card.

Students, age 12 through 25 years and who have enrolled for a full time course at a Government recognized establishment can avail student concession. All taxes are paid as applicable to Adult passenger.

This concession is available on INR fares for Indian residents (students) only, subject to applicable Terms and Conditions.

Student's concession forms are available with your local Travel Agent, any Jet Airways offices or to download it online.
And I remember having availed a 30% concession from erstwhile Indian Airlines, but that was way back in 1996/97 when I was a student.

Indian Railways should also be having a concession for sure. Do check out IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation Site. for the same.
Old 13th November 2008, 16:32   #3
BHPian

The concept of concession fares is redundant now IMO as far as i know as the concession fare is based on the basic full fare economy fare which would still be very high as compared to check fares/ advance booking/online fares available.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Correct. The taxes are still killer.

And Jet's post discount fare would STILl be costlier than a LCC, and be around some <6k max. Book a train instead.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:17   #5
BHPian

I took student concession when I was a student way back in 96 on Indian Airlines during that time fare was around 7 K and with concession it came down to 3.5 K
Old 28th November 2008, 10:32   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Indian Railways should also be having a concession for sure. Do check out IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation Site. for the same.
But the concession is applicable only to selected & reputed colleges and not to all. Very bad !
Old 29th November 2008, 10:37   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Another benefit of student specials is that, the airlines let you carry an extra full-size bag.
Old 29th November 2008, 12:31   #8
BHPian

Any airline operating from to IND-AUS have this student special offer who let you carry extra luggage,many airlines on this route dont let you carry extra luggage even if we are ready to pay for the extra weight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks