Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 03:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

MLM fraud: Amezcua's BioDisc ?

The Other day while in the evening ,there comes three guys who includes a college professor :
They are supposed to talk about nano energy.
First they talked like they got some disk which is made using nano technology(: (() .
It is ,my dear friends the "new age" MLM(fraud?) network by quest.net 's AMEZCUA BIO DISK.
they claims that water flow through it will get energized.infact if some light passes through that disk ,it will get energized.
So ,these 3 guys put some water from the tap into a glass and put the Amezcua's Biodisc below it for 2 minute or so.Then ,They all applied the water in their heads and Mine too!
Now ,they all come and lifted me(108kg) from my chair using their hands together but using only the fore-fingers together!.they claimed its easy because of the energy(chi in chinese) from that disk.
This is a MLM network ,which I lately understood.they also got a "chi pendant" too ,which can turn everything in your life "positive".
These poor souls including the professor invested Rs30000 plus for this MLM and hunting for prey(bakra).My Mom was convinced!

I would like to know any explanation for this selling?Is this something called placebo effect?Dr.Iyan's site itself claims it is sold "as is where is".

See their website:
http://www.amezcua.com/
^also ,watch his explanation.
I did a "whois " for his site.
Quote:
Quest Vacation International Pte Ltd
Mike Ng NTH
15 Hoe Chiang Rd Tower 15 #08-01/02/03
Singapore, 089316

Email: mike.ng@qlstyle.com
and it is not clear either according to me.
search youtube ,there are some videos of the same like below:

The Reality:
Sze Zeng's Life: Amezcua Bio Disc

Eventhough this "disc" is an "innovation" ,there are many other MLM's selling it!
Amega Global

I wonder ,how these MLM people are making others loss moneys in 30000's
Old 15th November 2008, 14:22   #2
BHPian

You pay 30K so that you can lift a person with one finger? I think I'll hire someone else to do that for me, instead of wasting 30K
Old 16th November 2008, 14:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

^and many doctors and dentists are promoting it in Kerala.
--
The sad news is while I was away ,my mother ordered two bio discs !.
Lets see.Not to mention I found many others also having this discs ,but not interested in MLM networking though.
Old 16th November 2008, 16:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
You pay 30K so that you can lift a person with one finger? I think I'll hire someone else to do that for me, instead of wasting 30K
I've been to one of those scam meetings dragged by a highly educated friend.

Those morons claim that if you keep the biodisc in the car somewhere or place it near the fuel tank when you fill petrol in it, it gives you better efficiency! All these people were doctors and engineers and had already fallen for it !

They claim that if you keep the biodisc in a water source and use the water to feed plants - the plants grow better and the fruits are healthier !

The biodisc is essentially a like a glass/crystal paperweight - wonder how people fall for such claims!
Old 16th November 2008, 19:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The biodisc is essentially a like a glass/crystal paperweight - wonder how people fall for such claims!
Infact ,highly educated people groups are the ones who are spreading this thing :( .
There are lot of conflicting theories about Biodisk .
Like the "chi" is embedded inside that disc.science cannot prove supernaturals etc. I am fed up with this thing.already lost 30K by my mom.
Even if I explained them that this "quest net" scam is already too old one and dont make other people prey for it ,those who are somehow convinced that this "biodisc" can cure diseases etc etc and are prey of the placebo effect wont even care for it!
EDIT:
and there is not yet any BIODISC supporter(s)? heheh? :-D

Last edited by deepclutch : 16th November 2008 at 20:14.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
The Other day while in the evening ,there comes three guys who includes a college professor :
They are supposed to talk about nano energy.
First they talked like they got some disk which is made using nano technology(: (() .
It is ,my dear friends the "new age" MLM(fraud?) network by quest.net 's AMEZCUA BIO DISK.
they claims that water flow through it will get energized.infact if some light passes through that disk ,it will get energized.
So ,these 3 guys put some water from the tap into a glass and put the Amezcua's Biodisc below it for 2 minute or so.Then ,They all applied the water in their heads and Mine too!
Now ,they all come and lifted me(108kg) from my chair using their hands together but using only the fore-fingers together!.they claimed its easy because of the energy(chi in chinese) from that disk.
This is a MLM network ,which I lately understood.they also got a "chi pendant" too ,which can turn everything in your life "positive".
These poor souls including the professor invested Rs30000 plus for this MLM and hunting for prey(bakra).My Mom was convinced!

I would like to know any explanation for this selling?Is this something called placebo effect?Dr.Iyan's site itself claims it is sold "as is where is".

See their website:
http://www.amezcua.com/
^also ,watch his explanation.
I did a "whois " for his site.

and it is not clear either according to me.
search Youtube ,there are some videos of the same like below:
YouTube - Bio Disc 160kg (Singapore)
The Reality:
Sze Zeng's Life: Amezcua Bio Disc

Eventhough this "disc" is an "innovation" ,there are many other MLM's selling it!
Amega Global

I wonder ,how these MLM people are making others loss moneys in 30000's
Non mallus please excuse the malayalam

Oolamparayum, kuthiravattavum okke unde... avare ippol kondupoyal nadathi kondupokam... ellengil taxi vilikendi varum..

Last edited by Sankar : 16th November 2008 at 20:16.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:43   #7
BHPian

well we can excuse.
But we wont mind even if you translate to something more understandable to the common BHPian.

I too was asked by one educated and well ranking guy in a big software firm for this biodisc thingy. and No i didnt buy it :P
Old 16th November 2008, 23:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Haha we used that technique so many times in school when we were kids.... i dont remember who taught us but the fad really caught on, every lunch break we were busy showing off to the girls our antics, its fairly easy to lift a seated person with four people and their index fingers, u dont need magic tricks or invisible energy to do that.
Old 19th November 2008, 00:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

^sadly ,many people are convinced with this sh`t.but what can I do?I said and showed them the links like Sze Zeng's Life: Amezcua Bio Disc ,but they are not yet convinced.if someone is thoroughly brain-washed ,no matter what you say ,they wont understand it :|
Old 6th December 2008, 18:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

In other news ,this is spreading fast. oh gawd! another money-chain :(
Old 20th January 2010, 12:42   #11
BHPian

Some one introduced me to this yesterday. I spent 30 minutes on the web and there is so much information on the company and the product. Some points i would like to bring out are:

1. All the promoters of the company are on red corner notice from interpol for various illegal activities.

2. It is not possible to view any certificate from any of the labs that certified bio disc is a nano engineered product.

3. I found that most of the positive feedback providers also want you to contact them in case you want to buy a bio disc

4. One promoter Vijay Eswaran runs a foundation to help man kind. I was wondering why it didn't occur to him that by distributing bio disc free of cost to under privileged and old people in poor countries. This could be a great help to mankind.

I didn't mean to offend any one, but just my 2 cents.
Old 24th March 2011, 23:35   #12

Re: MLM fraud: Amezcua's BioDisc ?

Hi All,
My Intention for this post is NOT to start this thread again. I just want to share teh TRUTH.

I Notice that you have majorly 2 concerns with Questnet (Now Qnet - Sponsor of Virgin F1 Team) :-

1 - Its an MLM - This Industry as on today is a $100+ Billion Industry with more than 8% of the world population involved directly or indirectly. This is the only industry that churns maximum Millionaires in the world. And i don't say this and i'm not going to spoon feed you here. DO your research IF YOU WANT TO.

In India, we have Hindustan Uniliver and Reliance which move their products thru this channel. Mr Warren Buffet owns 5 Direct Sales co's and calls it the "BEST investment he ever made". (Google it out)

So actually nothing wrong with the industry. Reason why people don't like/fail in MLM is because they QUIT. We could debate for years on that one :P

2 - The Amezcua Bio Disc. - This product comes with certifications of people who are authorities of their subject in the world. So if someone was to read their certifications and read your comments you know whom they would be laughing at.

My Humble request. Spend some time understanding what you ridicule. Ridiculing without understanding is simply MORONIC.

Last but not least...... Check this link .......

Virgin Racing

QNet | Direct Selling - Home

aspIRe issue 09
Old 25th March 2011, 00:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersinc View Post
Hi All,
My Intention for this post is NOT to start this thread again. I just want to share teh TRUTH.
surprise! you just did .

Quote:
2 - The Amezcua Bio Disc. - This product comes with certifications of people who are authorities of their subject in the world. So if someone was to read their certifications and read your comments you know whom they would be laughing at.

My Humble request. Spend some time understanding what you ridicule. Ridiculing without understanding is simply MORONIC.
And I am assuming you understand this subject.
Old 25th March 2011, 06:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersinc View Post
I Notice that you have majorly 2 concerns with Questnet (Now Qnet - Sponsor of Virgin F1 Team) :-

1 - Its an MLM - This Industry as on today is a $100+ Billion Industry with more than 8% of the world population involved directly or indirectly. This is the only industry that churns maximum Millionaires in the world. And i don't say this and i'm not going to spoon feed you here. DO your research IF YOU WANT TO.

In India, we have Hindustan Uniliver and Reliance which move their products thru this channel. Mr Warren Buffet owns 5 Direct Sales co's and calls it the "BEST investment he ever made". (Google it out)

So actually nothing wrong with the industry. Reason why people don't like/fail in MLM is because they QUIT. We could debate for years on that one :P

Last but not least...... Check this link .......

Virgin Racing

QNet | Direct Selling - Home

aspIRe issue 09

I am not sure which "Google" you are using to do your research.
Since to do my own research, could you please "spoon feed" me some of the "research" that you done.
Also in the meantime could you also provide a little more credentials of the "Certification Authorities" who have certified Qnet's products. I am pretty sure there are a lot of people who would "laughing" at my stupidity to question the "Certification Authorities"

Forget sponsoring an F1 team, if you give us money, even I would put your name on our rally car. Heck, I would even tattoo your name on my forehead if you give me a million dollars.

Please prove me wrong because
Old 25th March 2011, 09:48   #15
J.Ravi

Cheats and fraudsters have been having free-run from time immemorial swindling innocent, and even intelligent people of their hard-earned money.

My late father used to tell me how even Nobel laureate Sir CV Raman had invested his entire Nobel prize money in a bank started by one Gopala Rao in Bangalore and lost it when the bank went insolvent. My father used to jocularly tell that it was the fraudster Gopala Rao who was the actual recipient of the Nobel prize rather than Sir CV Raman!

For more information on this please read this article:

K. B. Ganapathy: A Journalist's Odessey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks