Team-BHP - Kerala Guys, where in Kerala are you residing?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Kerala Guys, where in Kerala are you residing? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/49750-kerala-guys-where-kerala-you-residing-25.html)

Kiran. Born and brought up in Trivandrum, based in Kochi. Currently in London

Quote:

Originally Posted by A350XWB (Post 2603939)
Goes like this "Moideene, a cheriyaa spanner ingu eduthe, ippo shari aakki tharaam". Classic!

I remember this dialogue every time I see a road roller!!Anybody from Kuthiravattam here?:)

I will be able to call myself a 'Kerala Guy' after I retire and move to Kozhikode.... right now I am a 'Punekar'.

:OT
I spot quite a few BHP stickers in Kozhikode now (vehicular traffic has increased, and there are even occasional traffic jams!).

Last month, on my trip there, I saw a brown RITZ with LTD sticker, of all the places, near Puthiyapa harbour! (One of the best roads in Kozhikode, from Gujarati School to Puthiyapa, to drive along the beach - very sparse traffic and random buses)

What a thread!!! Everytime I meet a Keralite, one of the first questions after initial intro is "Evidiya Naadu" (where is ur native town). I guess only Keralites tend to do this. Nowadays, many 2nd, 3rd gen malayalees don;t live in Kerala any more but still feel proud saying I am from this "naadu".
I am from Kanyakumari, but am residing since birth in Pune/Mumbai. Technically KK is in Tamilnadu but we are one of the few native Malayalees there. My fore-fathers used to be employed with the Travancore Kings of the Padmanabhapuram Palace. Interestingly that was the erstwhile capital of Tranvancore Presidency in the olden times.
Did you know that only this Palace and surrounding fort area comes under the Kerala Govt.? So, its an area owned by Kerala in TamilNadu.

Myself born in Ernakulam, studied and grew up in Ranni, Mallapally, Calicut, Trivandrum (went outside kerala for secondary school) came back to Trivandrum to do Pre-degree and degree from Trivandrum and exited kerala in 2002. Been in Bangalore since then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed.Demon (Post 2605801)
I was born and brought up in Bahrain, but our ancestral house(tharavaad) is in Okkal, around 7km from Angamaly on MC road. I am here now for my engineering. Any BHPians nearby??

Came across this old post while running through the thread, I am also from okkal, but settled in Bangalore now. The white figo you have seen with BHP stickers on was my brother-in-law's (sold last year). Please PM your details and we will try to connect sometime

Myself born in Calicut. Did all my schooling and graduation in Delhi, Guwahati, Vadodara and Surat. Came to Bangalore in 2007 for my first job. Living here since then. Proud owner of an XUV500 W8 FWD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingolphie (Post 3748773)
Kiran. Born and brought up in Trivandrum, based in Kochi. Currently in London

Can't stop laughing looking at your team bhp handle. That alone broadcasts loudly that you are a keralite !!
:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpaul (Post 3540104)
I am from Kodaly (Axe in Malayalam).

I am from Aloor. Got many relatives at Kodali. Will be there on Sept 6th for a marriage

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjithin (Post 3787840)
Can't stop laughing looking at your team bhp handle. That alone broadcasts loudly that you are a keralite !!

Dingolphie :D

I am from Ammadam - Thrissur currently living at Trivandrum

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjithin (Post 3787840)

I thought the same when I saw this. Dingolphica Sudalfication :uncontrol

hello fellows!

Roji from Chengannur - Aleppy dist here:Cheering:

Myself Ranjit .

Was a resident of FACT(CD) township Ambalamedu , Cochin till my graduation , then wandered all the south indian states for studies/job . Settled in Trivandrum now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrprabhu (Post 3748895)
I remember this dialogue every time I see a road roller!!Anybody from Kuthiravattam here?:)

Last month, on my trip there, I saw a brown RITZ with LTD sticker, of all the places, near Puthiyapa harbour! (One of the best roads in Kozhikode, from Gujarati School to Puthiyapa, to drive along the beach - very sparse traffic and random buses)

Sorry for digging up an old post but I think you've spotted my car. My dad used to work at Harbour Engineering Department at Puthiyapa. But currently he's posted at Trivandrum, so in the coming months, the car will be there at TVM. Attaching a pic of the car.

Kerala Guys, where in Kerala are you residing?-11216602_927359270663959_121259413182791747_o.jpg

BTW, I'm Sreehari from Calicut. Currently doing my BTech at CBE :).

Regards
Sreehari

Hi guys,

Anto Baby- from Pala (Kottayam district)

Currently working as Consultant Oncologist at St. Gregorios hospital, Parumala,Mannar-- near Thiruvalla.

Hello to all BHPians from Kerala,

I am Arun, a native of Kottarakara, in Kollam District. Currently pursuing research at NIT Calicut. And hence currently residing at Calicut city.

Been: Trivandrum (4 years- CET), Coimbatore (1 year - work)
Now: Calicut, pursuing research.