Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 18:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know - which polish do you use . What shampoo ?. I am keen to do so .
I use Amway in both cases.

"Amway Silicone Glaze" for polishing. 500ml - Rs 290

"Amway Car Wash" for car wash. 500ml - Rs. 399

Shan2nu
Old 11th April 2005, 18:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

no one else is allowed to touch my car for the cleaning purpose.

when i was not in mumbai,it was someone from the house who wud clean the car once a week.as the car wud be driven once a week and then back into covers.

and when ever i used to return,the first thing that i wud do is clean my car.as its not possible to take a pipe and clean it,i take a big bucket full of water.
first i wet the body ,then wipe with wet cloth.then drythe same cloth and again wipe the same part.after that its again with a dry turkish towel.

i start from the roof and i normally do one portion at a time.

waxing is done mabbe once in a month.
for the body wax i have turle wax platinum wax paste bought from TPC and costs abt 1200rs http://www.turtlewax.com/platinumseries/index.html
for the interiors its Armor All upholstery cleaner(rs360) while STP son of a gun(170)rs is used for the dashboard and the leather seats.
for the black vinyl strip on the doors,the rubber beadings on the windshields,the black door handles its again STP son of a gun.
for the tires its turle wax tire shine 2000.(300rs)
and for the rims its Eagle One alloy rim cleaner.(300)

to remove the swirl marks if any ,i use the turtle wax scratch and swirl remover(400rs)

the cleaning normally takes 15-20mins.while the ploishing takes about 2 hours.

other than this ,washing at the service station is done once a month.its turtle wax car shampoo for the washing and no diesel is allowed to be used .

Last edited by speedsatya : 11th April 2005 at 18:09.
Old 11th April 2005, 18:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolsun216
ha was hopin this topic wud spring up some time,i do clean my bike myself....hv to say i am inspired by mr.v12 he he!!wash it wax it with a turtle wax carnauba polish l]
hey dude,
u have a very well-maintained bike.

try the turle wax platinum series wax paste.costing abt 1200rs.in mumbai u can get it through TPC.it is one of the best turtle wax products
http://www.turtlewax.com/platinumseries/index.html

u can use this even on your chrome rims,mirrors and ur handle bars,ur crash guard.on almost everything.

cheers
Old 11th April 2005, 18:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
http://www.turtlewax.com/platinumseries/index.html
.its turtle wax car shampoo for the washing and no diesel is allowed to be used .
Is this product available in India - Blore?. Sorry - I realised that the amount were in Rupee - so it means it is available here.

Many thanks .

Last edited by puthari : 11th April 2005 at 18:18.
Old 11th April 2005, 18:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Is this product available in India - Blore?. Sorry - I realised that the amount were in Rupee - so it means it is available here.

Many thanks .
its being officially imported and sold in india through TPC in mumbai.
u can ask mr.Rajesh manchanda 9821095545 for the bangalore details.
check this to get about 35% discounts
http://www.tpc3carcare.com/
u can get the entire turtle wax range couriered to your address.

cheers

satya
Old 11th April 2005, 18:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well,i just wash my car once or maybe twice a month.Rest of the days its the servants job.As far as polishing is concerned,its again not done by me.But i usually prefer to polish my car once in a quarter.

X
Old 11th April 2005, 18:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I'm the laziest one around - I've washed my four wheelers about 4 times so far. All occassions where we were too far away from any service station or friendly hotel attendents and I couldnt bring myself to drive on without cleaning it.

My bike, though - I dont allow anyone else to touch it. Been that way with all the two wheelers I've had, and will stay that way till I'm too old to do the cleanup myself.
Old 11th April 2005, 19:07   #23
BHPian

Every Sunday I personally wash my cars (OHC 1.5, Palio 1.2)... I either shampoo it, or hose it and wipe-wash it, or or both. Then I polish it, and buff it. And Monday morning dad ruins it all.
Old 11th April 2005, 19:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bentley Car Wash

I was watching a car video showing the training that goes into a Bentley or Rolls Royce chauffer and the car cleaning ritual is carefully described. Use 3 buckets of water. One for the roof. one for the sides and one for the tyres and all the mucky bits. Drop your sponge and you throw it away cos a good chauffer never rubs dirt into that Bentley paintjob.......................................
Old 11th April 2005, 19:34   #25
Team-BHP Support

Hmm, I am ashamed to say I don't personally clean my car unless it is an automatic drive-through car wash. I can't remember ever cleaning my car personally by hand. Otherwise I pamper the car with the best of care, additions, and will take to the service station at the slightest sound. But giving bath to the car has never been my thing. Currently my car get a damp wipe every day and full wash every Sunday for 150 bucks per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I use Amway in both cases.
Amway Don't you have to be part of that cult to buy their products? Well, if you like the product buy it, but don't ever join that cult. They will keep trying to recruit though. Desis in USA have learnt to keep them away.
Old 11th April 2005, 20:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

hey shantanu..is the paint still on your car or has been wiped off??? just kidding
i get my car wet wiped every orning by the maali...in 6 months of owning my car i have got the interiors washed once in a month and the interior polished once.
no waxing or polishing for me....maybe next month.
car still shines!!!!
Old 11th April 2005, 20:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amway Don't you have to be part of that cult to buy their products? Well, if you like the product buy it, but don't ever join that cult. They will keep trying to recruit though. Desis in USA have learnt to keep them away.
Nah i'm not a member of that cult. Dunno if my mom is but hey, weren't not business people so they can't really harm us. We just buy their products and use them. We don't expect any thing else from it.

To me, Amway = a clean car. That's about it.

Quote:
hey shantanu..is the paint still on your car or has been wiped off???
Oh boy, the pleasure of washing and polishing ones car is unbeatable. It feels great to see your car look so fresh and shiny. And the fact that you, personally made it look so, just puts the icing on the cake.

Quote:
no waxing or polishing for me....maybe next month.
car still shines!!!!
Well, i used to think like that until i actually started regular polishing. If you do it the right way, you won't believe how good the car looks. Try it this weekend, you'll get addicted to it.

Shan2nu
Old 11th April 2005, 20:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

will take you up on that
Old 11th April 2005, 20:28   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu

Oh boy, the pleasure of washing and polishing ones car is unbeatable. It feels great to see your car look so fresh and shiny. And the fact that you, personally made it look so, just puts the icing on the cake.

Shan2nu
I agree with the joy of seeing a shiny car, and the joy of having done something with your weekend. And, I do love the buffing, and waxing part. What I do not like is the cleaning of the greasy parts. If you look at the before and after pics of my Cbr, you will know what I am talking about.

And yeah, Turtlewax rocks!!
-Prasadee
Old 11th April 2005, 21:08   #30
Team-BHP Support

My Car care kit includes:

# Amway Car wash 500 ml Rs. 209/-
# Gulf Dashboard Polish 400 ml Rs. 390/-
# Armor all Car wax 397 gm
# Formula 1 polish Rs.175/-
# A can of WD 40 Rs. 247/-
# Waxpol vinyl and leather polish 125 gm Rs. 80/-

I wash my car alternate days just by splashing water using a pipe and then hand dry it with a soft cloth. The Amway car wash serves best for weekend washes which take four and half hours of exercises while the waxpol is not going to be used anymore the latest and the best dashboard cleaner is from Gulf and takes less of effort as it comes in a spray can. WD 40 helps in eliminating squeaks and other minor lubrication jobs. I just love to give the car a wash with all the care products and have a bath followed by a small drive which gives a lovely feeling...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks