Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:31   #16
BHPian

How about Escalated Wakway ? You stand and you are taken to the other side. No efforts needed
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
How about Escalated Wakway ? You stand and you are taken to the other side. No efforts needed
There are plans to use escalators instead of the usual staircase. Though, you cannot travel like George Jetson . You'll have to walk after you go up vie the escalator.

@ n_c. As far as I know efforts are concentrated more towards new skywalks in suburbs as there are lesser cases of protests there.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
The way human psychology goes is pretty idiotic.

I have seen that ppl in general avoid elevated walkways to cross the road. However, they would take the subways without much ado.

I guess its more to do with the fact that in a walkway - you need to FIRST climb and then decend.
Whereas in a subways its the other way round - descend first and climb later.

Although effort wise both are same, but humans prefer to delay this "effort" as much as possible.

Lazy and shortsighted humans.
*shakes head*
it has got to do with the number of steps. obviously elevated walkways have more steps since they have to go above the height of tall trucks whereas in subway only the height of people is required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks