Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 15:44   #4201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
4. Akai twoinone stereo player

Would request you to reply me on this thread and pick up latest by this weekend. Location BTM Bangalore. Will dm finer details to confirmed ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Really want this. But it will only be a waste since I have given off my cassette tapes a while ago (that time I didnt have a player) - The person who keeps it and has cassette tapes will be a very lucky one.
I have a lot of tapes but my players have almost given up. Would love to add this to my rig given you are open to shipping. But never mind if that is a lot of trouble to you (of course cost on me- given if you are open to shipping).

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 9th March 2020 at 15:45.
Old 9th March 2020, 15:52   #4202
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I have a lot of tapes but my players have almost given up. Would love to add this to my rig given you are open to shipping. But never mind if that is a lot of trouble to you (of course cost on me- given if you are open to shipping).

Regards.
Hi Saket,

Good to know that. I can surely give away if someone picks it up from my place in Bangalore. Also since I am moving houses I am pre occupied in it and would like to give away latest by this weekend.
Old 9th March 2020, 16:00   #4203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Saket,

Good to know that. I can surely give away if someone picks it up from my place in Bangalore. Also since I am moving houses I am pre occupied in it and would like to give away latest by this weekend.
Thanks. Of course, I can understand the trouble involved. No problem.
Old 9th March 2020, 16:15   #4204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a lot of tapes but my players have almost given up.
Saket, I had some tapes to convert - I had ordered one such adapter from Aliexpress. The output is aux, which I connect to a laptop and get a mp3 file.

We do have many tapes at home, but I find that converted files have the tape hiss, and is not the best. I suggest getting digital versions of your cassette collection if you can.
Old 9th March 2020, 17:12   #4205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Saket, I had some tapes to convert - I had ordered one such adapter from Aliexpress. The output is aux, which I connect to a laptop and get a mp3 file.

We do have many tapes at home, but I find that converted files have the tape hiss, and is not the best. I suggest getting digital versions of your cassette collection if you can.
Thanks Parvath for the suggestion. The tapes that I have aren’t rare as such. Digital versions of most of them are freely available in good quality. Just that I have something for physical mediums of music like vinyls and tapes.

Regards.
Old 9th March 2020, 17:28   #4206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just that I have something for physical mediums of music like vinyls and tapes.

Another suggestion - often the drive bands deteriorate. I had picked up a set of drive bands for the players. You could try that. But the bigger concern is finding some one willing to service the players.
Old 9th March 2020, 22:59   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Dear fellow BHPians,
Moving houses so have dug out some beauties from the closet which I would like to giveaway to any enthusiast from our beloved community.
4. Akai twoinone stereo player
Would like to have this if others wont claim it..
I shall be in queue (3rd at present)
Thank you.
Old 9th March 2020, 23:59   #4208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Godrej Prima Typewriter

Immaculate condition - good for heavy duty usage
Attachment 1977950
Put me next in line please.
Old 10th March 2020, 10:13   #4209
Senior - BHPian

Please add me in line for the Typewriter. Few of us in my writers group are going back to typing on these, since the effect is ethereal. I'm free to drop in any time between March 10th and March 14th, 2020. (Since I'm in Bangalore then). Thanks
Quote:
1. Godrej Prima Typewriter, Immaculate condition - good for heavy duty usage
Old 10th March 2020, 11:34   #4210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
Would like to have this if others wont claim it..
I shall be in queue (3rd at present)
Thank you.
Currently JMaruru and v1p3r had reached out earlier. Will update you in the next two days in case not claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Put me next in line please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please add me in line for the Typewriter. Few of us in my writers group are going back to typing on these, since the effect is ethereal. I'm free to drop in any time between March 10th and March 14th, 2020. (Since I'm in Bangalore then). Thanks
sidzz to pick up else will update you as per queue in the next two days in case not claimed.

Last edited by girishglg : 10th March 2020 at 11:36.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 15:21   #4211

I have a bottle of Volkswagen windshield washer concentrate with me, anyone from Bangalore can pick it up.
Attached Thumbnails
The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-31tqiymlul._ac_sy400_.jpg  

Swaroop Gowda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 18:28   #4212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please add me in line for the Typewriter. Few of us in my writers group are going back to typing on these, since the effect is ethereal.
How / where do you get your typewriters serviced ? Also, where do you get the ribbons ?

We have an Antares portable with us. Needs some care now. Back in the day, when type-writers were the in-thing, my dad sent me to the type-writing class to get a hang of it before letting me touch it. While we dont use it now, it definitely helped me with my typing speed on the comp keyboards. Still remember the initial classes - trying to get a hang of placement of the keys. Which finger for which key

Last edited by condor : 15th March 2020 at 18:31.
Old 15th March 2020, 18:46   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop Gowda View Post
I have a bottle of Volkswagen windshield washer concentrate with me, anyone from Bangalore can pick it up.
Would you know if it works for Skoda's?
I can take it.
Old 15th March 2020, 19:46   #4214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I can take it.
I'm sure it would work for any car, it surely can't be specific for VW only!!
Old 15th March 2020, 19:46   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I can take it.
Considering VW and Skoda are basically the same car underneath, it probably works perfectly. However, it probably works for any car, as it is just a cleaning agent for glass.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks