Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 22:49   #4576
BHPian

Re: The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian

One of the interesting ads I read in the recent past! Hope it to get to the needy soon!
Old 26th February 2021, 21:08   #4577
BHPian

Re: The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have the following things to be picked up:
1. Fiesta 1.6 intake custom kit. Bought from a member, used well. The conical filter has been used for for about 2000 kms. Nothing that a wash won't fix. Bolts straight into a fiesta 1.6 only.
2. Ford boot logo.
3. Ford door protectors. But only 3
4. ThinkPad USB floppy drive. I know someone needs this...

All pick ups only In Noida around sector 100.
Sorry Mayankk, aware that this is pretty old thread now.

Just curious if someone actually picked up the Custom intake and filter?
Also wondering where was this kit done from?
Old 26th February 2021, 21:50   #4578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Sorry Mayankk, aware that this is pretty old thread now.

Just curious if someone actually picked up the Custom intake and filter?
Also wondering where was this kit done from?
Yep, picked up already. It was made by another bhpian who I bought it from years back. The filter was my own.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 11:37   #4579
BHPian

Original stock Minda horn of 2008 RE ThunderBird, please PM me if interested. Pickup is from Singasandra, Manipal County Road.
The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-img_1528collage.jpg
ThatCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 12:13   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Please check the message and if not claimed can you please reserve it for me.
These items have been picked up by speedy_racer. Thanks for coming over and nice meeting you. Keep in touch!
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 19:37   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Hello, fellow BHP'ians,

I am giving away a kids car seat, please PM me if someone is interested. Mothercare brand, Used but clean. Cheers

Attachment 2122780

Thanks @ThatCarGuy!! It was nice meeting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
I have a gently used Sony MDR 7506 to give away.
It needs a pair of new ear pads though:
@nagr22 picked it today.
@nagr22 it was nice meeting you!!

Last edited by SDP : 8th March 2021 at 12:27. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use multi-quote
dezpo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 21:25   #4582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
Does anyone have some classical Hindustani or Carnatic music album CDs to give away. I’m ready to buy as well. It’s just that I’m finding it difficult to buy due to availability and quality issues.
Have you tried Saregama ?
ps: do share if you find something good. I like the vocal more than instrumental
Old 28th February 2021, 00:09   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
I would like to give away the below CDs for music lovers, please PM me if interested, pickup is from Singasandra.

Attachment 2125373
Can I take the bottom 3?

I'll not be able to pick it up, would need shipping, but would be more than happy to pay fair market value for them (I have a CD collection) over and above the shipping cost. Not able to pm you, let me try email
Old 28th February 2021, 07:35   #4584
BHPian

Hey guys,
I want to give away a dashcam.
Pickup only, no shipping.
No memory card with it, although it supports till 64 gb.
Powered by 12v cigarette lighter socket.
I am based in Greater Noida,
Can meet in Noida as well (around Amity University)
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-img20210222205723.jpg  

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-img20210222205737.jpg  

Nitish.arnold is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 08:07   #4585
BANNED

Hi Nitish, can I have the dash cam? Can direct my Delhi based cousin to come and collect it from the place of your comfort.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th February 2021 at 09:02. Reason: Typo.
Old 28th February 2021, 13:07   #4586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
I have a gently used Sony MDR 7506 to give away.
It needs a pair of new ear pads though:
I picked it up yesterday and honestly I was planning on using it just for my office calls but after a bit of reading about this headphone and understanding terms like 'flat response' etc, I have realized what a noob I was to think of using it just for calls!
I've been listening to all my favourite songs back to back between this headphone and another Sennheisser PMX 60 used by wife and I am blown away by the difference! In one of my favourite song 'Mazhargal Ketten', I can very clearly hear the sound of a Veena at the beginning of the song through the Sony headphone but it's completely missing when I play it through the senheisser!
Thank you for this amazing headphone!
I am now searching Amazon to find a good pair of earpads and also reading whether it's really worth going for a sheepskin earpads. Any thoughts guys? Honestly I am not an audiophile but I am inclining towards buying sheepskin pads only out of curiosity. Are they worth it?
nagr22 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 23:58   #4587
BHPian

A big thank you to Bhpian Miel for handing over his Pulsar 135LS to us (check out his giveaway post here (The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian))! I say 'us' because this bike is going to be my sister's daily soon.

Picked up the bike on Sunday 28/2.
For a 10 year old bike, it looks in great shape. And why not? It's a Bhpian's ride after all!

About the Bike : 2010 Bajaj Pulsar 135LS (Discontinued in 2018)

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-.jpg

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-b.jpg

The Pulsar 135LS was the true baby Pulsar, not the sales gimmick that the current Pulsar 125 is.
The 135LS came with a 4valve, double spark, 135cc DTS-i engine. It weighs 122 Kgs and that explains the LS (Light Sport) in the name.
(In comparison, the current gen Pulsar 125 weighs 142 Kgs)
When new it produced 13.5 Ps of power which, in retrospect, was close to what the 150CCs were putting out at their time.
Having said that, the right way to describe this bike is that it is more of a stylish commuter.

I'm sure most Pulsar fans remember this advert from back in 2010.

A few pictures of the Bike being transported from Bhpian Miel's place.
Used the Porter app for booking a tempo. A good first experience.
Though the driver secured the bike down with his ropes, used a couple of Akro Nylon tie downs to be double sure.

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-1.jpg

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-2.jpg

We did not try to crank up the engine at all.
As mentioned by Bhpian Miel in the Giveaway Post, the bike needs a new battery.
And since the bike has sat for the past 19-20 months, a basic service is a must.
The decade old tyres need replacement too but that will be done subsequently.

First priority now is to get the bike up and running in order to procure a PUC for Ownership Transfer.
Bike is being transferred onto my sister's name.

Following are the service parts bought so far:
  • Motul 4T3100 20W50
  • Engine Oil Filter
  • Element Air Filter
  • Bosch Spark Plug (2nos)
  • Bosch Dot 3 Brake Fluid
  • Brake Oil Reservoir Cover
  • Front Disk Brake Pads
  • Rear Brake Shoes
  • Petrol Filter
  • Petrol Pipe
  • 12V 5Ah Amco Battery

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-3.jpg

Things to come post the basic service:
  • The auto-choke on the bike needs a fix.
  • Both tyres need to be replaced. Will most likely upsize the rear tyres by a size or two for better grip.

Bike parked next to it's younger sibling!
All set for a fresh lease of life.

The Giveaway Thread: Post up anything you want to give away FREE to a fellow BHPian-4.jpg

To conclude this post, if at any point in future my sister decides to upgrade or if the bike see's no usage,
We will either donate it to an organization or hand it over to another Bhpian!
That's the least we must do to express our gratitude towards Bhpian Miel.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2021 at 06:36. Reason: Adding link to Miel's post :). Congrats
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (82) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 00:51   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
Hey guys,
I want to give away a dashcam.
Pickup only, no shipping.
No memory card with it, although it supports till 64 gb.