Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2005, 21:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Need For Speed Most Wanted- on its way!

Electronic Arts announced that Need for Speed Most Wanted, from the makers of the NFS Underground franchise that has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide, currently is under development at EA Canada. Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits, Need for Speed Most Wanted will challenge players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer and should be available in November 2005.

You have to wonder about who EA is hiring these days since according to Larry LaPierre, senior producer, EA Canada street racing doesn't get any better than when you ...evade cops and exploit the open world... He does however, go on to add ...players instantly will feel the thrill of the ride as they hit the streets in an open world environment where drivers can tune their cars to compete against any class of vehicles or use their wits to out-fox the law to satisfy their need for speed.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will deliver a fast-paced and gripping ride in the racing genre as players build up their Rap Sheet and street cred to move their way up the Black List to become the most wanted racer on the streets. Players will go head-to-head with the top drivers on the scene as well as strategically evade more than half dozen cops at any one time. Add in a dynamic open world, new gameplay and customization as well as tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars and you can see that Need for Speed Most Wanted will be like Underground but with cops.

Developed in Vancouver, B.C. by EA Canada, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for a next generation console as well as the PlayStation 2, Xbox, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, GBA, PSP and PC. More details to follow.

Source: www.megagames.com
Old 12th April 2005, 21:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow...this willl be like a totally revamped hotpursuit.
cant wait to get my hands on it
Old 12th April 2005, 22:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Now gotta see how this one turns out to be!! I'm definitely waiting for this one. Just hoping that it has a similar or better driving physics when compared to the NFS Porsche Unleashed/ Porsche 2000.

Last edited by shravan316 : 12th April 2005 at 22:17.
Old 12th April 2005, 22:39   #4
BANNED

just when i thought i had seen it all. WOW looks good bmw to kit i cant wait now. november too late man they need 2 games in a year atleast and we all know they will sell and make money of it. so work hard hehehe.
Old 13th April 2005, 09:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
just when i thought i had seen it all. WOW looks good bmw to kit i cant wait now. november too late man they need 2 games in a year atleast and we all know they will sell and make money of it. so work hard hehehe.
agreed, but that might result in a drop in quality - something that has never happened in the past - with, probably, the exeption of NFS High Stakes - and so even though the games would sell, the credibility, which has so far been indestructable, might drop a bit. In which case, the sales might drop, in which case games would come even later, in which case sales might drop even more, in which case... you get the picture...

can't wait for it... going to get my friend to buy it, cause I got an iMac, which means 0 compattability... anyone know about these games running for the Mac??
Old 13th April 2005, 10:10   #6
BHPian

woah man!!!

this one looks like a classy blend of the "modders paradise" from NFS u-ground + u-ground2 and the "thrill of chases" from hot pursuit +hot pursuit2

looks like a winning combe to me
Old 14th April 2005, 10:53   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
Now gotta see how this one turns out to be!! I'm definitely waiting for this one. Just hoping that it has a similar or better driving physics when compared to the NFS Porsche Unleashed/ Porsche 2000.

Dude if you have PS2 then every game looks similar to NFS Porsche U. ( i mean looks)

Damn looks awesome finally some different cars other than urban exotics and that BMW looks hot. Im downloading the screenshots will post later.
Old 14th April 2005, 11:06   #8
BHPian

Wow! another good reason for me to buy a PS. Hope they launch the PS3 by then. The first open world environment i played was midtown madness. Amazing game at that time. I was tearing through the streets of Chicago in that Mustang muscle car drifting through every corner
Old 14th April 2005, 11:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Time for me to speed up the NFS U2 I am playing right now. Hope they don't change the hardware requirements. Already, the U2 doesn't run on my desktop, but fortunately it runs on my laptop.
Old 14th April 2005, 12:30   #10
BHPian

what is the diffrence between NFS Underground and U2...
any new cars or any new upgrades for the cars...
Old 14th April 2005, 12:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

U2 is an open world game unlike U. You can drive wherever you want and participate in the races that you are only interested in.

Not many new performance cars. But there are SUVs including Hummer though. Environment much better. You can rip your ride on the American freeways. You have every type of tarmac. Long straight freeways, curves, hairpins etc.

Lots of hidden races. And you have to locate a shop before you can modify your ride. GPS is also availabe but it directs you to a shop only after you locate it first. Lots of new races including cirsuit races.

More tuning options including a dyno.

Not much change in graphics. Finally, if you enjoyed Underground, you enjoy even better in U2.
Old 14th April 2005, 12:53   #12
BHPian

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
THATS GOOD...
THINKING OF PURCHASING IT NOW...
Old 16th November 2005, 17:49   #13
BHPian

Most Wanted Demo is Out!

Guys, the need for speed most wanted demo is out. At around 550mb, its sure going to be out of reach for dial-up users!

I've been playing with it for a few days now. The game not only looks fabulous on higher end graphics cards, but also works surprisingly fine on a lower end GeForce2 MX. The game feels great, cars are a bit different to control than NFSU2, but different for the better. The cops here are a lot more agressive and its easy to get busted if you make a mistake with six cops behind you.

The game released yesterday I think, so NFS fans know what to do. Don't waste your time on the demo - just go and buy the full version right away!

- Aalaap
Old 16th November 2005, 18:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Aalaap, I did download the demo, but I'm having installation issues. I'm facing a DirectX problem, says the system should run 9.0C or higher. Doesn' t the demo include 9.0c? I tried installing that didn't work. Did you face the same issue? Help....
Old 16th November 2005, 19:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

but dude why dont you download direct X 9 c seperately and install it and then install the game.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 16th November 2005 at 19:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks