Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:55   #136
BHPian

Thanks Tejas for the wholesome reply.
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:39   #137

Physiotherapist

Hi Guys,

Nice to see a thread like this. Initiatives like these can certainly prove useful for the fellow members to get informal advice and tips or opinions from qualified medical professionals. BUT AS MANY OF THE ESTEEMED MEMBERS HAVE ALREADY QUOTED - "THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR AN IN PERSON CONSULTATION AND EXAMINATION FOR ANY MEDICAL PROBLEM."

Well, I would also like to introduce myself as a physiotherapist based in delhi with specialization in orthopedics and a PGD in Hospital Administration. It would be a pleasure if i can prove to be of any help to this forum and my fellow members.

Cheers,
Rohit
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:19   #138
BHPian

Do i Have H1N1 ? Please Help.

Hey Guys, Need some help, suggestions or guidance from people in the medical field.

I recently visited Hong Kong & China and returned this Sunday Morning. But since last Tuesday, I知 facing a bit of Cough and Cold. At first I thought it痴 just due to season \weather change (It was really cold in Beijing)

Now its a little close to 7 days and the condition has not improved a lot, I知 taking my usual Cough and Cold medicines, but even they are not responding well it seems.

With all the news about H1N1 influenza, I知 now having doubts if I知 also down with H1N1.

Can anyone please suggest where in mumbai can I get a specific H1N1 test done.

I知 currently in Powai and was hoping to visit the Hiranandani Hospital for consulting a doctor.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:32   #139
BHPian

Dear Tejas

I had got a rc done on right upper last tooth but hadnt put a cap on it. Now the rc has come off and the tooth has developed kind of infection which has resulted in swelling. I am unable to go to the doctor due to tight schedules. The pain is unbearable and I am appyling zytee and taking bedanzne tablet. Can you pls suggest some other alternative as this isnt helping much. I having trouble eating food as well as drinking cold water.

Mansi
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:58   #140
BHPian

Hi Tejas, the dentist I am consulting recommended glass ionomer cement filling on six teeth for dentinal hypersensitivity/cervical abrasion (I don't remember for which one) at the rate of Rs.400 per tooth. Am I getting the right kind of filling? Is the rate okay?
Old 24th June 2009, 01:26   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANCER3 View Post
Hi Guys,

Nice to see a thread like this. ....

.... I would also like to introduce myself as a physiotherapist based in delhi with specialization in orthopedics and a PGD in Hospital Administration. It would be a pleasure if i can prove to be of any help to this forum and my fellow members.

Cheers,
Rohit
A physio! Oh Brother!

Your presence will be further appreciated in this thread:
Bodybuilding
Old 24th June 2009, 08:33   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Dear Tejas

I had got a rc done on right upper last tooth but hadnt put a cap on it. Now the rc has come off and the tooth has developed kind of infection which has resulted in swelling. I am unable to go to the doctor due to tight schedules. The pain is unbearable and I am appyling zytee and taking bedanzne tablet. Can you pls suggest some other alternative as this isnt helping much. I having trouble eating food as well as drinking cold water.

Mansi
I too had got a root canal done on one of my upper molar and had kept the tooth uncapped. The cap is ordered and I will be getting it this weekend (almost 2 weeks after the root canal). They had given me a permanent filling in that teeth for a few days after which they shaped it to take on the cap. So right now I am left with just 50% of my original tooth !! The only precaution that they have given me is to avoid hard foods. I'd strongly suggest going to the doc despite your tight schedule engagements. I know how painful toothache can be. And trust me, the medications for tooth are typically very strong and best be avoided unless advised by the doctor.
Old 24th June 2009, 13:37   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Am I getting the right kind of filling? Is the rate okay?
Yes & Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Dear Tejas

Mansi
See a dentist. Painkillers are just a transient solution. More you wait, bigger the swelling will get and more painful too. The RC can't fall off, maybe the temp filling done over the RC has come out. However, ideally, if the RC was done properly, there shouldn't have been a swelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I too had got a root canal done on one of my upper molar and had kept the tooth uncapped. The cap is ordered and I will be getting it this weekend (almost 2 weeks after the root canal). They had given me a permanent filling in that teeth for a few days after which they shaped it to take on the cap. So right now I am left with just 50% of my original tooth !! The only precaution that they have given me is to avoid hard foods. I'd strongly suggest going to the doc despite your tight schedule engagements. I know how painful toothache can be. And trust me, the medications for tooth are typically very strong and best be avoided unless advised by the doctor.
Your doctor should have immediately fabricated a chair-side temporary crown till the final one comes from the lab. A dentist should never ever let a patient walk out of his clinic with half a tooth. If the tooth fractures, there'll then be further treatment protocols involved.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2009, 14:04   #144
BHPian

Thanks a lot Tejas. I am seeing the dentist today evening.

Mansi
Old 24th June 2009, 14:50   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Your doctor should have immediately fabricated a chair-side temporary crown till the final one comes from the lab. A dentist should never ever let a patient walk out of his clinic with half a tooth. If the tooth fractures, there'll then be further treatment protocols involved.
I had read that from one of your earlier post and had queried about the same. But they told me that since the decay was not a lot and the tooth was still in a good enough state, temporary crown was not necessary. The tooth surprisingly was feeling quite okay when i was using it for chewing !
Old 24th June 2009, 15:18   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I had read that from one of your earlier post and had queried about the same. But they told me that since the decay was not a lot and the tooth was still in a good enough state, temporary crown was not necessary.
Cost cutting measures. Wrong, very wrong. Next time, to all readers, insist on a temporary crown.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2009, 15:33   #147
BHPian

Hi Tejas , Congrats for the wonderful Initiative . I have a querry . I have a chip in the last upper wisdom teeth ,happened when i accidentally chewed on a small stone mixed in the food around 2 yrs back. I had chked with a dentist , he said nothing to worry and would not cause decay etc.. However still went ahead and got a enamel filling done to be on the safer side . Now thhe filling as fallen off , should i try wearing a crown or just leave it as my dentist suggested .. pls suggest .
Old 24th June 2009, 20:47   #148
BHPian

I am not sure if this was asked before - whats the consensus on battery operated toothbrushes like oral B? I use one, but are they any good.
Old 25th June 2009, 10:24   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Now thhe filling as fallen off , should i try wearing a crown or just leave it as my dentist suggested .. pls suggest .
You won't like my response but, here it is: get the tooth extracted. Nowadays, as a rule we remove all 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) if the other 1st and 2nd molars are intact. This is because as humans are evolving, their jaw sizes are getting smaller but the number of teeth haven't gone down. Thus, there is crowding. Over a period of years, these back teeth push hard against the front ones and gradually cause spacing in front teeth in latter years. Also the last teeth are notoriously difficult to clean and thus they may get gum disease which inturn affects the 2nd molar which is an important tooth. 3rd molars are useless and can be safely extracted.
Alternatively, if you don't want to extract (i strongly suggest you do though) then go in for the filling. If you hadn't done the filling earlier, then it could have been left as is. However, when the filling must have been done the first time, the tooth would have been prepared, etched, etc and thus now do not leave it exposed. Refill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I am not sure if this was asked before - whats the consensus on battery operated toothbrushes like oral B? I use one, but are they any good.
Powered are better. However, their use is very different from normal brushes. The powered brush head just has to touch the tooth surface for 3-4 seconds, that's all. DO NOT PRESS - LITERALLY TOUCH. Otherwise over a short time you will land up with sensitivity. Also the brush head needs to be changed every three-four months as you would ideally change a regular tooth brush.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:07   #150
Senior - BHPian

Whats LAD on ECG?

I got a mail today that proposal for my dad's medical insurance has been rejected by Reliance. The reason cited is:

'Customer has LAD on ECG and High Blood Sugar level ... profile is high risk for the Policy'

My dad is 60 years old and (touchwood) perfectly healthy.

Googling around gave me this answer:

"Left Axis Deviation" (LAD) refers to the pattern of electrical activation that occurs in the heart. LAD is an EKG-specific finding and not necessarily indicative of any specific cardiovascular condition. In fact, LAD is the most common EKG "abnormality" observed in adults, occurring in almost 10% of the adult population. LAD, however, may also occur in the presence of one of multiple cardiac conditions, including: thickening of muscle mass in the left ventricle (left ventricular hypertrophy), inferior-wall heart attack, high blood potassium levels, congenital abnormalities such as an ostium primum atrial septal defect, and artificial cardiac pacing. It is important to recognize these potential conditions, since unique treatments often apply to each of these conditions. In isolation, LAD has little clinical significance.

Now my questions are:
1. Is the above reason a cause for concern? What precautionary measures should I take to ensure my dad's health is not affected?
2. Which other health insurance should I look at? Hows Star Health and Allied?

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks