Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 21:57   #631
BHPian

sir,you do 3 things
1. get the TMT analysed properly. Was it strongly positive or just mildly positive? ( my guess--- mildly positive)
2. Ask them for the CD of the angiography and show it/get a 2nd opinion from another interventional cardiologist( but do not hurry into what he says).
3. Another thing you can do (not recommended in books but it satisfies my patients no end..), take medicines for say 2-3 months , and then repeat the TMT. If it is still positive (or worse than before) then immediately go in for angioplasty.
Cheers
Old 18th November 2010, 22:05   #632
BANNED

Question for eye doctors
- How safe is cataract surgery for 75 year old diabetic man who has had multiple heart attacks?
- Is this usually outpatient surgery or does it require stay in the hospital?
- Is this done under local or general anaesthesia?
- What are the possible complications?
- Are there different kinds of ways of doing cataract surgery? If yes, what's the safest?
- What's the recovery time?
- Is it better to do it early or can it wait?
Old 18th November 2010, 22:22   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
sir,you do 3 things
1. get the TMT analysed properly. Was it strongly positive or just mildly positive? ( my guess--- mildly positive)
2. Ask them for the CD of the angiography and show it/get a 2nd opinion from another interventional cardiologist( but do not hurry into what he says).
3. Another thing you can do (not recommended in books but it satisfies my patients no end..), take medicines for say 2-3 months , and then repeat the TMT. If it is still positive (or worse than before) then immediately go in for angioplasty.
Cheers
Will do that. We are planning to get mom checked at Medanta the Medicity, and we'll show all those reports to an experts there and get a second opinion.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Might bug you again when something comes up. For now it's a month's medicines. Thanks again.
Old 19th November 2010, 20:00   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post

I had consulted Dr Sathe for my father. Many people told me that he is a reputed cardiologist in Pune. Problem is when a doctor is reputed/famous , you really need to chase them for their time.
Thanks for the information, I will ask my dad to consult Dr. Sathe. Can you please provide me the address?

Quote:
Dear Pawan
i am a practicing interventional cardiologist and i will correct some facts that you got wrong.
1. There are 3 ARTERIES in the heart( not veins). Blockage in arteries can be lethal , not Veins. All arteries of the heart are VERY VERY important . Depending on their size they may be less important than the other two, But ALL ARE VITAL for the normal function of the heart.
2. 95 % blockage in any of these three arteries (in Allopathy) MUST and CAN only be cleared by angioplasty (or bypass). No (Allopathic ) medicine will clear this blockage. Allopathic medicine treatment is based on finely controlled and supervised trials and tons and tons of data collected over years. What is adviced to you by experts is the result of this data. Angioplasty or byass trials clearly show marked superiority over medical treatment(i.e. by tablets/infusions as in your case) .
3. You should take the advice of 3-4 other cardiologists also. All doctors will have some difference of opinion at this superspeciality level.
4. There are numerous "ALTERNATIVE" medical practices available. Some good some totally bogus. From what you say it appears that your father underwent "Chelation Therapy". It is a good therapy to relieve patients of chest pain, but it DOES NOT REDUCE THE BLOCKAGE. Read it on the net ( google it -- see results of Chelation therapy/whatever). Chelation treatment , in present day allopathy is reserved for Pateints who are not amenable to treatment by angioplasty or bypass (i.e last resort). Best treatment is to restore flow in that blocked artery by opening it up.
5. Concrete proof of this will be if you go in for a repeat angiography after completion of this treatment. You will see the blockage where it was previously , as it is or only mildly reduced.
6. Yoga/meditation/good healthy diet/abstinence from smoking-tobacco/calmness are cornerstones af any treatment of the body, and part and parcel of angioplasty/bypass treatment(if only you would have gone for it... dieticians come to your room/explain everything etc) You dont need alternative medicine for this. Whatever path you choose as treatment, these things are there for life now for your father( Had these things been there from the start , he might not have had the heart attack in the first place.... but one never knows...)
7. "then one of our friends gave us...... Dr Tulfule .... and told that he is very honest"-- Don't mind but does that imply that the others were not ???
8. Can you post me the angio report/summary (and the degrees/qualifications of Dr Tulfule/Dr Sanjay Patil and what was the approx Bill amount for those 45 DAYS treatment... no offence please) ???
9. What medicines is he on now..? he MUST CONTINUE all the medicines that he was taking prior to this treatment . DO NOT STOP THEM.
It was my mistake I said vein instead ARTERIES. I am sorry on honest part, but one of my close friend's friend got treatment from Tulfule and he recovered very fast. Regarding medicines part, are given by the Sanjeevan hospital and Dad is continuing. Regarding angioplasty - we would have done the angioplasty immediatly after the angiography report and my dad were admitted too, but one of the patient died after angioplasty, in front of my dad, dad had a talk with that parient before he died, so we were scared. Then we decided to do some consulting before doing angioplasty. I will ask my dad to fax me the report and will send you the information. I am not in India now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
this is wrong information.there is nothing like more or less important artery(its not vein).if the blockage is 95% you will have to undergo bypass.have you done stress test before?
It was my mistake I said vein instead ARTERIES.

It was my mistake I said vein instead ARTERIES, I am not good in medical terms. Dad had done some kind of testing in Sanjeevan and the report says the blockage is recovered. Though I will ask to do the Angiography once again.

Is there any problem doing angiography frequently ?
Old 19th November 2010, 20:14   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys a request:

Please avoid quoting doctors' names here and if you wanna refer/suggest anyone please PM then.
Old 19th November 2010, 20:16   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Guys a request:

Please avoid quoting doctors' names here and if you wanna refer/suggest anyone please PM then.
And why is that?
Any legal issues involved here?
Old 19th November 2010, 20:24   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
And why is that?
This thread is only for basic consultations and to see if the treatment is going in the right direction.

It is not for:
- recommending doctors
- recommending hospitals
- recommending alternative medicines
- arguing about homeopathy vs allopathy vs other forms of medical practice
- discussing the amount of money hospitals/doctors make

This thread is solely to help out a bhpian in need. Period. Keep it Simple.

All the rest about doctors / hospital recommendations can be answered via PM.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 19th November 2010 at 20:26. Reason: Simplified my answer
Old 19th November 2010, 20:31   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This thread is only for basic consultations and see if the treatment is going in the right direction.

It is not for:
- recommending doctors
- recommending hospitals
- recommending alternative medicines
- arguing about homeopathy vs allopathy vs other forms of medical practice
- discussing the amount of money hospitals/doctors make

This thread is solely to help out a bhpian in need. Period. Keep it Simple.

All the rest about doctors / hospital recommendations can be answered via PM.
That's very restrictive and not very helpful. If people want to discuss their doctors, they should feel free to do so. Seeing a doctor is not just about prescriptions and treatments, you of all people must be aware of that. Bad mouthing and giving a review are two different things. People give their opinions and view points on almost every other thing on tbhp, starting from cars to manufacturers to tuners to installers etc etc. So why not doctors?

There are many people out there who are not members of the forum and yet are regular visitors. How do you expect them to get a pm?
Old 19th November 2010, 20:39   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
That's very restrictive and not very helpful. If people want to discuss their doctors, they should feel free to do so.
If everyone started discussing their doctors, it would be endless.

Quote:
Seeing a doctor is not just about prescriptions and treatments, you of all people must be aware of that.
That's why this thread was created.

Quote:
Bad mouthing and giving a review are two different things. People give their opinions and view points on almost every other thing on tbhp, starting from cars to manufacturers to tuners to installers etc etc. So why not doctors?
Reminds me of the mechanic and cardiologist joke.

Anyways, a wrong remark goes very much against the practice of a doctor. It won't affect skoda at all. That's the difference.

Eg: If a member says that i had a bad experience with Dr.ABC, no one will go to him. However, every patient is different, unlike cars (yes, a petrol head will say every car is different, but you get my drift). Dr. ABC, might in fact be the best there is!

It's somewhat similar to the blanked ban here on alco hol mention. Rather safe than sorry.

These are my personal thoughts. I'm no moderator. This is just a suggestion. Whoever want's to follow it, please do so.

Quote:
There are many people out there who are not members of the forum and yet are regular visitors. How do you expect them to get a pm?
Well, they should join then!

EDIT: Let's not dilute this thread. PM me if you wanna discuss more.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 19th November 2010 at 20:40. Reason: see edit
Old 19th November 2010, 20:48   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If everyone started discussing their doctors, it would be endless.
Do you see this thread otherwise coming to an end??

Quote:
That's why this thread was created.
Yeah well, it has the potential to be a lot more helpful.

Quote:
Anyways, a wrong remark goes very much against the practice of a doctor. It won't affect skoda at all. That's the difference.

Eg: If a member says that i had a bad experience with Dr.ABC, no one will go to him. However, every patient is different, unlike cars (yes, a petrol head will say every car is different, but you get my drift). Dr. ABC, might in fact be the best there is!

It's somewhat similar to the blanked ban here on alco hol mention. Rather safe than sorry.
Reminds me of the so many dark side stories floating around on the forum. Dont we have a dedicated section for tuner reviews?

I think its a little presumptuous to assume one bad review will lead to the entire forum deciding on never going to him/her. On the contrary, if that doctor is a member here, it will give him/her a chance to objectively look at their practice and see if there was something they could have done differently. A little criticism never hurt anybody.

Quote:
Well, they should join then!
If you have noticed, it is not that easy to join up anymore.

Quote:
EDIT: Let's not dilute this thread. PM me if you wanna discuss more.
I've said my piece.
Am out.
Old 19th November 2010, 21:28   #641
BANNED

Quote:
What if someone says that he had a bad experience XYZ Honda service centre?
Old 19th November 2010, 21:58   #642
BHPian

Quote:
sir,you do 3 things
I asked my parents to obtain the CD. But they told me that they had thought about that, but from what they had heard, hospitals relent and give CDs only after some shouting, and what if they gave us the CD of some other patient with more heart problems than mom ?

The hospital in question was not very transparent, you see. Immediately after angiography, they told my dad to deposit the money for surgery and told him that mom needed angioplasty. In the 12 hours that she stayed in the hospital, the owner and the seniormost doctor [it's not a very big hospital] talked to them four times and pressurized them a lot to undergo angioplasty.

So is there any way of knowing that the CD handed over to us contains data pertaining to my mom and not some other person ?
Old 19th November 2010, 23:54   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
I asked my parents to obtain the CD. But they told me that they had thought about that, but from what they had heard, hospitals relent and give CDs only after some shouting, and what if they gave us the CD of some other patient with more heart problems than mom ?

The hospital in question was not very transparent, you see. Immediately after angiography, they told my dad to deposit the money for surgery and told him that mom needed angioplasty. In the 12 hours that she stayed in the hospital, the owner and the seniormost doctor [it's not a very big hospital] talked to them four times and pressurized them a lot to undergo angioplasty.

So is there any way of knowing that the CD handed over to us contains data pertaining to my mom and not some other person ?
anku ,
there is no way of knowing whether that CD is that of your mom, unless you get a repeat angio,(or at lest a CTANgio)and compare... But then this practice will constitute the grossest criminal medical willful negligence of the highest order and i am (somwehat !) sure 99.9 % of cardiologists dont do this.
There is no restriction to the number of angios you can get done.
That CD is your RIGHT and no hospital or doc can refuse you the CD( if you have paid for the services of the procedure...)
Old 20th November 2010, 00:39   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
anku ,
there is no way of knowing whether that CD is that of your mom, unless you get a repeat angio,(or at lest a CTANgio)and compare... But then this practice will constitute the grossest criminal medical willful negligence of the highest order and i am (somwehat !) sure 99.9 % of cardiologists dont do this.
That CD is your RIGHT and no hospital or doc can refuse you the CD( if you have paid for the services of the procedure...)
just wondering, will the CD have a timestamp of the test?
Old 20th November 2010, 10:26   #645
BHPian

Quote:
anku ,
So I've sent my dad to get the CD. One negative : the hospital is charging Rs. 1000 for it. I know that's ripoff, you don't pay extra for a report, it's free of cost with the test, but it'll save my parents a lot of trouble. Correct information is a higher priority as of now than some rights. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks