Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 11:35   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post

1. Mouthwash to be used one hour after brushing. Can we eat/drink anything during this interval, because again we cannot eat/drink for an hour after mouthwash?
Ideally you should not eat/drink for best results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
2. After rinsing thoroughly with mouthwash, should we rinse with water as well so as to clean any mouthwash residue?
No, that defeats the purpose. The mouthwash needs to adhere to the teeth (via adsorption).
Old 4th May 2010, 11:47   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Ideally you should not eat/drink for best results.

No, that defeats the purpose. The mouthwash needs to adhere to the teeth (via adsorption).
Thanks a ton mate; that clears the air
Old 5th May 2010, 19:39   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Apply burnol. Go see your doctor for debridement (cleaning of the wound). Hope you rinsed immediately under cold running water. Take a pain killer if needed.

thanks tejas, will do the needful
Old 7th May 2010, 10:18   #379
BHPian

My neck is quite stiff since 2 months. Right side movement is normal, but movement to the left is not swift. I feel pain sometimes, esp. when I move the neck to extreme left and tilt it down or when I drop the neck down for typing and other similar activities.
I do travelling of 4 hours a day, computer/laptop sitting is around 2-3 hours. I don't use pillow while sleeping. I wear a turban.
What could be remedy for this?, Is it a symptom of cervical problem?

Last edited by Gill : 7th May 2010 at 10:19.
Old 7th May 2010, 22:44   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
My neck is quite stiff since 2 months. Right side movement is normal, but movement to the left is not swift. I feel pain sometimes, esp. when I move the neck to extreme left and tilt it down or when I drop the neck down for typing and other similar activities.
I do travelling of 4 hours a day, computer/laptop sitting is around 2-3 hours. I don't use pillow while sleeping. I wear a turban.
What could be remedy for this?, Is it a symptom of cervical problem?
I've got the same problem. I can here clicks in my head when i turn my head around.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:54   #381
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have started getting mild pain in a cavity I had filled a couple of years back.
If I drink a hot liquid (coffee etc), the pain becomes worse for 15-20 minutes or so.
I don't have time to go to a dentist till the weekend. Any recommendations on what do till then?

Also, anytime I go to my dentist for any cavity-related stuff, he first asks me to brush with senquel-F for a week before doing anything. So I was thinking I would anyway brush with Senquel-F for a few days & go to him on Saturday.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:01   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have started getting mild pain in a cavity I had filled a couple of years back.
If I drink a hot liquid (coffee etc), the pain becomes worse for 15-20 minutes or so.
I don't have time to go to a dentist till the weekend. Any recommendations on what do till then?

Also, anytime I go to my dentist for any cavity-related stuff, he first asks me to brush with senquel-F for a week before doing anything. So I was thinking I would anyway brush with Senquel-F for a few days & go to him on Saturday.
It seems there is secondary decay below your filling and it has reached the pulp. Or have you bitten really hard on the that tooth a few days ago? like a stone in the food or bone? your filling or worse tooth may have cracked as well.

see you dentist immediately anyways. it will only get worse.

meanwhile take a combiflam (not more than 3 / day).

Senquel F reduces sensitivity over a long period of time. I don't know how it will help in a week.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:11   #383
BANNED

Quote:
It seems there is secondary decay below your filling and it has reached the pulp. Or have you bitten really hard on the that tooth a few days ago? like a stone in the food or bone? your filling or worse tooth may have cracked as well.
Don't remember.
If there is indeed a secondary decay which has reached the pulp, what's the recommended treatment for that?
Old 17th May 2010, 11:16   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't remember.
If there is indeed a secondary decay which has reached the pulp, what's the recommended treatment for that?
Root canal treatment. BUT, don't go to the dentist with a diagnosis. Let him diagnose it for you. Just tell him your symptoms as is. And don't delay.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:07   #385
BHPian

Tejas,

My teeth are yellow. Pls. let know me know the best method to get them back to shining white. I don't want to go for scaling treatment as I read somewhere that it would remove the enamel coat. Pls. suggest the right technique.

Thanks
Old 17th May 2010, 12:40   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Root canal treatment. BUT, don't go to the dentist with a diagnosis. Let him diagnose it for you. Just tell him your symptoms as is. And don't delay.
What about pulp capping? Is that done in India?
Old 17th May 2010, 14:24   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What about pulp capping? Is that done in India?
Pulp capping can be done, but rare, used more in children. And don't be a doctor and self diagnose and plan your treatment, just go to your dentist.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:26   #388
BANNED

Quote:
Pulp capping can be done, but rare, used more in children. And don't be a doctor and self diagnose and plan your treatment, just go to your dentist.
Yes :-) I will go to the dentist!!!
Just hate the thought of dental treatment especially stuff like root canal.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:34   #389
BHPian

My 18 month old son had heat boils about 6 months back. They were only 2 boils but the size of them was huge (table tennis balls !). We went to a couple of doctors but the only thing they had to say was either they'll burst themselves or you have to get them surgically removed. I did not have the heart to get them surgically removed. So we let them burst on their own. There were 3-4 'heads' in each of them. They caused immense pain to my son all the while he had them. I used to be in tears to see him like that.

Now after around 6 months, he again has a similar boil forming on his chest. I am fearing that this may end up being as large as the earlier boils. I am starting homeopathy treatment as there is no other option in allopathy apart from surgically removing them. Does anyone know about such boils? Maybe they've heard about it in their family and knows some natural remedy.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:59   #390
Team-BHP Support

kalpesh, about 1.5 years back my son had something like on his both his calves for months together. Doctors kept on giving different antibiotics and ointments to apply over it, or offer to burst it, etc. There was even a mention of steroid. In fact, he missed the Munnar OTR because of it. We had to leave him home with my in-laws during the trip.

After repeated failure with allopathic treatment for 3 months, my wife took him to an ayurvedic doctor who is located 50 meters from my office. He is a professor in a local ayurvedic college. One look at it, he suspected blood infection and asked for a blood test report. Blood infection was confirmed, and then he treated it with ayurvedic medicines. My son was fully cured in 15 days.

Last edited by Samurai : 19th May 2010 at 00:03.

Most Viewed