Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 16:40   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Thanks Vishal. Atleast I can read there on weekends. The rest of the days, I am staying put at office after work hours and read. That seems to be the best possible solution right now.

Thanks again everyone.

@wanderlustindia :As far as I know they dont allow you to use the British Library unless you are a member. Also outside books are not allowed.

You can try the library on Shastri Road. I dont remember the name.It is opposite the petrol pump on Shastri Road. Another option would be Pune Marathi Granthalay(PMG) near Laxmi Road.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I am preparing for the CFA Level 1 examination to be held in Jun 2009. All my efforts to slot the studies in a higher gear has gone down the drain. .
Well, I am not from Pune, hope you won't mind it.

Here is my way of dealing your problem. Go to the room where TV is and study there !!. Afterall you are chasing your dream, and nothing else should matter. If you are looking for a place without distractions, you would find none.

Better fight fire with fire

PS: I know it sounds like kiddie motivational stuff. but it works!!!
Old 8th January 2009, 10:59   #18
BHPian

Thanks Whiteknight and Krishna. Really value your suggestions.

There are some more options that I am looking at right now. There is club close to my home and they have a library area which is hardly used by the members. Sounds like a decent proposition as of now.

For now, I am using my workplace after office hours for the study and seems to be working ok.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised to read that no one has suggested the building terrace. I know it would be night but most of the terraces have socket connections where one can connect his table lamp and study there. Also, rather than studying in office where people "might" assume that you don't have any work and hence doing personal studies, better to wake up at 4.30 AM or 5.00 AM and study and go to sleep early in the evening.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am surprised to read that no one has suggested the building terrace. I know it would be night but most of the terraces have socket connections where one can connect his table lamp and study there. Also, rather than studying in office where people "might" assume that you don't have any work and hence doing personal studies, better to wake up at 4.30 AM or 5.00 AM and study and go to sleep early in the evening.
The office is a temporary arrangement. I agree does not paint a good picture. But I am usually the last person to leave the office and take advantage of it. Building terrace is a good idea, but our terrace is a terrible place to be in so ruled out.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:12   #21
BHPian

There is a Abya-sika from pune marathi granthalaya in Narayan peth only meant for studying. Timings are 6 AM to 11 PM except mandatory goverment holidays. Fees are very very less and it is being used for study purposes by so many students.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The office is a temporary arrangement. I agree does not paint a good picture. But I am usually the last person to leave the office and take advantage of it. Building terrace is a good idea, but our terrace is a terrible place to be in so ruled out.
How about waking up early in the morning? study for a few hours, sip a beer, sleep and then head straight to work!
Old 8th January 2009, 18:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight
Go to the room where TV is and study there !!
That's swimming against the tide,man.
Here we need every bit of the advantage we can gain in preparation.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
That's swimming against the tide,man.
Here we need every bit of the advantage we can gain in preparation.
OT : are you also preparing nitrous ?
Old 8th January 2009, 19:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
How about waking up early in the morning? study for a few hours, sip a beer, sleep and then head straight to work!
I haven't tried this option yet. Is a wonderful idea, no disturbance, no TV. But would take some time to adjust to the schedule. You think that will take less than a week to get accustomed to. If yes, I may give it a try.

I can't help appreciating so many folks suggesting ideas. Really very useful ones. I have less time now so have to arrive at the best solution quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
There is a Abya-sika from pune marathi granthalaya in Narayan peth only meant for studying. Timings are 6 AM to 11 PM except mandatory goverment holidays. Fees are very very less and it is being used for study purposes by so many students.
Any contact information available? That would be very helpful.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th January 2009 at 14:39. Reason: see note in post
Old 12th January 2009, 13:38   #26
BHPian

Sorry boss , Don't have the number. Just go to laxmi road , ask for the public 4 w paid parking . This place is 5 - 10 ft from that parking
Old 13th January 2009, 16:26   #27

wanderlustindia
@wanderlustindia
Contact details for Pune Marathi Granthalaya
Phone Number:020-24476400
Address : SNo 437/B Near Patrya Maruti, Narayan Peth, Pune-411030

Most Viewed