Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Voter Registration Information for upcoming Elections (Jaago Re!)

I got this interesting mail from a colleague which I found to be good information.

I hope this will help everyone who have not yet Voted & want to vote.

Quote:
Lok sabha elections are drawing near and those are not locals and have not registered but still will be in Pune in mid 2009 will be eligible to vote.

Right now, new voter registrations are not being accepted but they will be after 10th Jan – which is not far. Have 2 photographs ready.

I will greatly urge all of you to register on Jaago Re! One Billion Votes and fill your details. A .pdf form gets emailed to you with details you enter already filled in. That site also has features on how you can locate your ERO. The filled form that will come via email to you will also contain the office address where you are supposed to submit the form (alongwith residence proof). We can’t do too much for the country but we can certainly register as valid voters and hope that our name will be included in the final list when it’s time to exercise the right (and duty) to vote.

Please also spread this message and try to make sure that those you know (family, friends, colleagues) also register and submit the forms to respective EROs as soon as possible after 10th Jan.

Jaago Re! One Billion Votes
Although he is talking about Pune I believe this is applicable for every city, town & village. I am not sure how real are the results but I have subscribed my self.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd January 2009 at 15:51.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

I loved the concept but an very skeptical about giving all those details on this website especially when they have a lousy privacy statement!
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Oops I agree, What I meant was that I have subscribed & not registered, even I would not be very comfortable giving all such information online.

I think subscription should keep one updated on when & where a person can register in a city.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
...I think subscription should keep one updated on when & where a person can register in a city.
Yup!

The best thing to do, as of now.
Old 27th February 2009, 09:55   #5
BHPian

Jaago Re!!!!!

Jaago Re Dear BHP'ians,
Jaago Re! One Billion Votes campaign has made voter registration really simple. Visit Jaago Re! One Billion Votes India to receive the following benefits:
  • For the first time in India, you can fill your voter registration form online, within 5 mins!
  • Use interactive maps to locate your house, get to know of your constituency and your ERO (Electoral Registration Officer) to whom you need to submit your registration form
  • Get updates on your voter registration status, and latest election news from your city
  • Get answers to all your voting related questions
  • Get SMS reminders before election day, along with polling booth address
Even if you are an existing voter, register at Jaago Re! One Billion Votes India to be updated with the latest on Election dates and Voting information!
Empowering change – Vote by Vote!
Register to vote at Jaago Re! One Billion Votes India.
Regards,
Ramesh

Last edited by ram.west : 27th February 2009 at 09:57.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wont this be a site collecting our details for advertising? It's a Tata Tea's thing.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:06   #7
BHPian

Yeah, I second on that. I know they are trying to bring out a good thing, a good message for youngsters espcially, but in turn they are trying to make their business too.. ? Dont u think so?
Old 27th February 2009, 10:07   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hyderabad:

Received a bowl set and voter registration forms courtesy a political party.
Not naming the party but everyone in my area has got these bowls and a pamphlet about their candidate. I can confirm that this was given in two apartment complexes that house around 400 apartments between them.

I wonder what the other parties will bring.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:04   #9
Team-BHP Support

So if I go an vote, will it really change things. Is there a money back guarantee sort of thing, which reimburses me in case things do not change(fuel cost, time wastage etc.,)?
If not, I am not interested
Old 27th February 2009, 11:06   #10
BHPian

I had used Jaago Re to download forms for new registration on change of residence. But I have serious doubts regarding Navi Mumbai electoral rolls. The ground level authorities seems to be hand in glove to replace/delete names of non-Maharashtrians !! Some people have reported that while their name was in the previous roll now they have been deleted though they are staying at same place for years !!

Last edited by emkay456 : 27th February 2009 at 11:09.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:10   #11
BANNED

The tone and choice of words used as the title of this campaign are rude and lack respect.
Old 7th March 2014, 20:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Voter Registration Information for upcoming Elections (Jaago Re!)

this coming Sunday 09-03-2014 is the last opportunity to get yourself enlisted in the voter list , at your nearest center for the forthcoming elections ! Team Bhpian Jaago ! : )
Old 8th March 2014, 23:30   #13
BHPian

The Election Commission of Karnataka is organizing a special voter registration drive at all Polling Stations in Bengaluru on Sunday, 9th March, 2014. Please inform people who would like to resister themselves as this is the last opportunity that they will have to register themselves to be able to vote in the coming election.

Contact the following numbers to locate your polling station: http://ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/ERODEtails/BANGALORE.pdf
Old 9th March 2014, 22:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

You can enrol at your nearest local corporation office finally until 16-03-2014 . Ask your neighbours about your ward number and name and the location of the nearest office. Go with your address proof photocopy and a passport sized photo and sign Form 6 available there. Call '1950' helpline for clarifications. good luck!
Old 17th June 2016, 11:33   #15
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

May be useful for Bangalore folks:
Just after the delimitation of various constituencies, my name was mysteriously removed from the electoral list before the 2012 Karnataka state elections and my voter id card number did not yield a result when searched on the kar.nic election commission website
On checking with our local BBMP office, they said some batches of old ID cards were invalidated and mine may have been in that list

I applied again by submitting the documents at the local BBMP office but nothing happened and then gradually I forgot about it and got busy with other things.

With the 2014 central elections coming up, the BBMP guys were organising camps for Voter ID and I submitted the forms. They even said I will get SMS updates on the mobile phone but had little hope and I never received any SMS.

With about a week left for the elections, I visited the BBMP office and the guy said my name has been added to the electoral list and I could search on the website to verify. When asked about the card, he said I can go to any Bangalore One centre and get it printed and laminated for a small fee, I'd never heard about such a thing!

I did a search on the kar.nic website and indeed my name was there, printed the details and I could also vote using an alternate ID proof. Totally forgot about the card.

Circa last weekend, I suddenly remembered I didn't have the voter id card, so checked Bangalore one website and found that indeed one can get the voter id for a fee of Rs.10 - details here

Visited the nearest Bangalore One and had this done in under 15 minutes.

Last edited by NPV : 17th June 2016 at 11:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks