Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 22:14   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I have entered the world of half-marathons. I participated in Vasai-Virar Mayor's Marathon today and completed in 2:36:17. The organizers had done a very good job. Residents of Vasai, Nallasopara and Virar were very encouraging.
Congratulations on completing your first half marathon kiran. Welcome to the world of "marathons". It is always an amazing experience finishing your first long run- be it 10k or 21k! (Y)
Old 15th December 2013, 18:43   #107
BHPian

Re: The Running / Marathon Thread

Did the ADHM 2013 this morning. I found the weather much better than last two years... Temp of 12 to 15 degrees helped most people achieve their personal best. I was recovering from Runners Knee though and took it a bit easy and finished in 2:19 - 5 min slower than last year. There were more half marathoners this year than last couple years - great going Delhi.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:58   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Participated in the Surat half marathon last Sunday. Finished in 2:35. Half an hour improvement over my first half marathon in December 2011. Could have and should have done better, but I am recovering from runner's knee so did not risk it. I see a lot of faster runners here. Any tips for improving speed?

Cheers!
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:11   #109

We organise half marathon on every last sunday of the month in Pune. Our group is 'Pune Running' and you can check out more on this on Facebook too. This time we are running in Hinjawadi. The event is on March 30th 2014, 6 AM. We would be organising it for 5,10,15 and 21K distances. Folks in Pune can register online and particiapte. The enrollment fee is only 100/-.
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:55   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Prawaal,

Yes, I have been running with Pune Running and it's been awesome. The 21km trail run in Wanavadi in Nov 2013 was fantastic and happens to be my personal best so far (2:20)
Old 1st April 2014, 15:07   #111
Team-BHP Support

Anybody has a review of the Kalenji running shoes sold at Decathlon?

I'm trying to replace my current Reebok pair, and the usual suspects either have horrendous designs or astronomical prices.

I'm more of a jogger and don't always stick to tarmac or paved roads, so I was interested in the trail running shoes on display at Decathlon.

Anyone has first-hand experience of these? Any alternatives if these aren't any good? I'd prefer not to spend more than 4-5k for a decent pair.
Old 14th April 2014, 17:20   #112
BHPian

Guys - anyone running the TCS open 10k in bangalore ?
Am looking for running companions.
Old 14th April 2014, 19:44   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Anybody has a review of the Kalenji running shoes sold at Decathlon?

I'm trying to replace my current Reebok pair, and the usual suspects either have horrendous designs or astronomical prices.

I'm more of a jogger and don't always stick to tarmac or paved roads, so I was interested in the trail running shoes on display at Decathlon.

Anyone has first-hand experience of these? Any alternatives if these aren't any good? I'd prefer not to spend more than 4-5k for a decent pair.
Get a nike free run from a factory outlet. Nike have great shoes in your range(at a factory outlet only). The ones in decathlon look good too- but haven't had any personal running experience with it!
Old 14th April 2014, 19:45   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
Guys - anyone running the TCS open 10k in bangalore ?
Am looking for running companions.
I am- for the 3rd consecutive time. But I might be running with my Bosch mates! By the way- I am in category B. If you are in category B too, then you can join me. I am aiming for 50 minutes this time round!
Old 15th May 2014, 15:59   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash_pegasus View Post
I am- for the 3rd consecutive time. But I might be running with my Bosch mates! By the way- I am in category B. If you are in category B too, then you can join me. I am aiming for 50 minutes this time round!

@kash_pegasus am in section E.
Am targetting a sub 60 minute for now. How much under is to be seen

Btw, has anyone been able to source GU Gels in Bangalore.
Everyone seems to have run out of them.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:57   #116
BANNED

Anyone here purchased sports shoes in Wide sizes. I am talking about something like this - http://www.payless.com/mens/sneakers...th&prefv1=Wide

Other than size 8, 9, 10 etc, you also can buy 8W, 9W, 10W etc.

Length wise these are the same as the original size, but the width is a little more. Regular sizes pain my legs. Do you know if wide sizes are available anywhere in India - online or B & M?
Old 6th October 2014, 16:10   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Anyone here purchased sports shoes in Wide sizes. I am talking about something like this - http://www.payless.com/mens/sneakers...th&prefv1=Wide

Other than size 8, 9, 10 etc, you also can buy 8W, 9W, 10W etc.

Length wise these are the same as the original size, but the width is a little more. Regular sizes pain my legs. Do you know if wide sizes are available anywhere in India - online or B & M?
When I used to run in shoes, I used wider shoes. I don't think any brand sells wide shoes here in India, both offline and online, but they are quite common in the US. I used to use Asics and their designation of width is as follows:
N - Narrow
2E - Wide
4E - Extra Wide

I think most other running shoes also use the same terminology. Check here

Since most Indian men have wider forefoot, its always better to get a wide shoe.

Happy Running!

Last edited by MileCruncher : 6th October 2014 at 16:11.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:14   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

I think most other running shoes also use the same terminology. Check here

Since most Indian men have wider forefoot, its always better to get a wide shoe.

Happy Running!
Unfortunately, the same thing is not available in amazon.in - http://www.amazon.in/Sneakers-Men/b/...ode=1983577031
Old 6th October 2014, 16:18   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Unfortunately, the same thing is not available in amazon.in - http://www.amazon.in/Sneakers-Men/b/...ode=1983577031
As I told you Indian makes already incorporate the wider forefoot. However international running shoes sold in India only get the regular version. My suggestion, buy your running shoes from US if possible. Not only they cheaper, you get wider choice.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:46   #120
BANNED

Quote:
As I told you Indian makes already incorporate the wider forefoot.
Which brands you know do this?
Quote:
My suggestion, buy your running shoes from US if possible. Not only they cheaper, you get wider choice.
How, the shipping would probably cost more than the shoe?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks