Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2005, 01:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

i' m juts wondering why haven't any of the mods yet replied.
i m definately in for this one .

manson .
Old 20th April 2005, 04:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

there is probably a tbhp round table meeting going on right now ..
Old 20th April 2005, 07:33   #18
BHPian

i love the idea this will rock but with some time...
count me in...
Old 20th April 2005, 08:47   #19
BHPian

hey steeroid.. totally agree with ur post.... except for

"I hope we're not going to drive for world peace or national integration. Lets lay off the bull**** and if it means making news about TBHP lets not hide behind some nonsensical mission statement"

- Well frankly.. i started writing the thread with the intention of doing something BIG.... and the first outcome/benefit that came to my mind was publicity... but as the thot started building up... i just felt... we could also look at a good cause.... the efforts from our end remain the same.... no change in the overall plan.. and if we can make some money in the whole thing... no harm in giving it to charity or a good cause.... so ... rest assured.. i am not talking "World Peace" here

But then.. as you rightly said... The Mods are too conspicous by their absence.... and now. it seems more of a stance than co incidence!!!!!!

Cheers.......
Old 20th April 2005, 10:40   #20
BHPian

I guess the Dream Option as vivaid pointed out, looks more apt, if you wanna make a presence or something.

Since you have bhpians all over the country, it is possible , without people going too much off their daily life.

'course , it would definitely require a tremendous amount of planning and co-ordination. Starting now, it would be december till things seriously work out.

Mods, please pour in. I know its not easy to say "Yeah. lez do it", but do ponder on it.

P.S. : Would be honored to be of any assistance.
Old 20th April 2005, 10:58   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
That said, its no joke to organize such an event - if we start planning now, we could probably hope to run it by the year end. The point is - how many people are committed to it, and does the commitment translate into responsibility? Its very easy to TALK about these things, but it would take serious effort from a core group of people to really make this happen.
I think Steeroid covered it pretty well with that paragraph. There is a lot of enthusiasm, however, these sort of things fade out once the scale of the work ahead is made known. A good example is the disappointing response to the call for volunteers for the MRF India Rally that ran last December.

We are working on things, but we have to start small, let everyone get familiar with what goes into organising events, and then think big. Trust me, I know what goes into even small events, and all India rally is MAJOR. And, if T-BHP is not sure of doing something of the highest quality, we would rather not do it at all.

Keep the enthusiasm brewing though, and add your suggestions on
This Thread

Last edited by Rtech : 20th April 2005 at 11:02.
Old 26th June 2005, 16:42   #22
BHPian

Hey before we start planning a rally or some thing else, we need to know what will be the level of participation .
Also i think perhaps and i could be wrong or this idea might not be open to others or they might disagree , but its just a thaught ..
Lets all of us drive from our current locations and meet up in some sort of a resort or a city or a place and have like a meet where we all can show our rides and meet others ..
hey guys open to thaughts and also if any one is already planning it , you have a volunteer .......
Cheetah Out ....
Old 26th June 2005, 20:47   #23
BHPian

I am game..
Have participated in rallies and done a lot of volunteer work for them too ...
We can also take help of rsancheti a friend of mine we used to do volunteer work ....
If its a decided go ahead then there is point discussing it ... Else no point in just giving inputs with no end result ...
Old 27th June 2005, 02:35   #24
BHPian

action speak louder than words ......

hi Evo 6 ,
I have been dying to do some thing like this .I have organised the Great Thornbill Raid in Arunachal Pradesh couple of years back and if some one is serious on this issue or has already done some planning put it on the page and we can help .
we can make this happen , its difficult i know , but not impossible , we just need to get down on it seriously , let me know your views , and also if you are comming to delhi some time mid next month , take part in the autocross i am organising, entry strictly by invitation ....

Cheetah Out .....
Old 27th June 2005, 02:56   #25
BHPian

Hey BC,
Thanx for the invite man... But i cant come for this autocross as I have some business appointments fixed for the next 30 days .. Setting up a new factory and wont be able to take an off .. But surely we shud persue this and see how we can get the TEAMBHP rally going .. A friend of mine might be interested in the autocross .. He is the winner of western region of the AIRTEL rally .. He is Tbhp member and his name is rsancheti ...
Thanx once again....
I have a lot of friends in the racing circle who will be willing to volunteer for tbhp rally
Rgds
EVO6
Old 27th June 2005, 03:02   #26
BHPian

MODS,
Where can the Database of all TeamBHP members be available ... Like their place of residence...
If we have enuf member is all States then we can have a relay kind of a rally ... where every state members can do their bit of organising and taking part in the rally ...
If this is too big atleast can we have one where ppl from Delhi, Mumbai/Pune, Chennai Bangalore .. All start at one time and traverse a certain distance and return back at the same time ...
It could be featured in Auto mags ...
Its just a thought... More inputs welcome ...
Rgds
EVO6
Old 27th June 2005, 03:28   #27
BHPian

may be next time dude

Hey Evo

Sorry about you being held back by work . Firstly let me wish you all the best with the new factory (good luck and god speed )
May be you can come the next time when we guys plan some thing and dont worry there would be enough fully suped up cars for you to see and may be even drive if some one parts with their baby ( doubtfull) as some guys dont even let their wifes touch the rally cars ... LOL (And i am not married now , but still my baby stays with me , and if any one is going to *u** my baby , its going to me , but dont worry we will figure some thing out then ..

Hey guys back to the topic , all help would be nice, let me know how i can help in maing this a reality ....

MODS please interviene and give your views on the same ..
Till i hear from you guys ...
Cheetah Out .......
Old 27th June 2005, 11:26   #28

I am game..

Lets discuss the options and then find who can pitch for what ever best each can contribute.
Old 27th June 2005, 16:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
MODS,
Where can the Database of all TeamBHP members be available ... Like their place of residence...
Hi EVO6,

If you click on "Members List" on the horizontal bar on the top of your screen you should get a listing of all the members. (including place of residence for a majority of them).

In terms of this rally, i think that it will be a rather huge effort. (and considering the fact that certain cities have enough difficulty organizing a single TBHP meet im not too sure)

Personally, im quite content with the weekend drives and occasional weekend / longer trips that happen. A nationwide event will be rather difficult IMO. However, this is not me killing the idea, but just voicing my personal opinion.

cya
R
Old 27th June 2005, 17:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Count me in if it is going to be held after 3-4 months from now. I think anything of this nature will take atleast around 4-5 months of planning. I need to add that I have no experience of rallying nor do I have any experience of coordinating for such an event. I can think of my part of the job as it comes.

Most Viewed