Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 09:37   #1
BANNED

need help from all teambhpians in chandigarh

hi friends
as i am going to shift to chandigarh for my training. so i need help from teambhpians in chandigarh. i want a fully independent house in chandigarh , mohali or nearby on rent for 6months. can you please help me out. i shall be very thankfull to you.
Old 6th January 2009, 10:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

@harry i will check out with some of my friends and update
Old 6th January 2009, 14:38   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
@harry i will check out with some of my friends and update
thanx dear i want independent kothi
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: need help from all teambhpians in chandigarh

I am bumping up this old thread as didnot want a separate one on a similar issue. I have been posted to Mohali for 3 years but the catch is that no official accommodation is presently available. Need help to get a decent 3 bedroom flat/floor within say 7-8K as government will be giving only about 6K as HRA. Also would request info about good schools in Mohali as my daughter would be moving to class 1 in the next session. Office is presently in Mohali Indus Area near to IIPM.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I am bumping up this old thread as didnot want a separate one on a similar issue. I have been posted to Mohali for 3 years but the catch is that no official accommodation is presently available. Need help to get a decent 3 bedroom flat/floor within say 7-8K as government will be giving only about 6K as HRA. Also would request info about good schools in Mohali as my daughter would be moving to class 1 in the next session. Office is presently in Mohali Indus Area near to IIPM.
I am not so sure about schools but from my experience I am sure that a 3 BHK in 7-8K PM is not possible in mohali. my uncle used to be in 6K independent kothi in 2003-2204 and then in 2008-09 , we used to have a small 2BHK (mig first floor) in 6K while renovation of our flat was going on. These were both in Phase 9 and 10, phase 3B2 and 7 are more costly compared to these.

However the same house (small 2BHK) is on 8.5K now. I will ask my folks back home to keep track of rental properties around and will update you. I believe you can get a 2BHK in 7-8K in phase 1, 2.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Pankaj. That will compound the issues. Could you please ask about the opinion of your folks back there regarding " Gulmohar Complex"? Heard that it might be possible to find one there in that range.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Thanks Pankaj. That will compound the issues. Could you please ask about the opinion of your folks back there regarding " Gulmohar Complex"? Heard that it might be possible to find one there in that range.
You are welcome Sir !!! surely will try to get the details about the Gulmohar complex but as far as my memory serves me right, i believe this Gulmohar complex is not in mohali but on the kharar-chandigarh main road. You can reach this complex from Mohali Ind. area in about 10-15 mins as traffic is not much.

The above mentioned complex is developed by a private builder and used to have independent houses before, they started building flats too sometime back.

got this link from net, looks same as above mentioned complex.

http://gulmoharcitykharar.blogspot.com/

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 3rd March 2011 at 16:47.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yes Pankaj you are right its the same complex but I ahve been given to understand that its only about 3 kms from Indus Area but its the distance to the schools which is worrying me.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:49   #9
Team-BHP Support

For schools I would recommend YPS. Its among the best schools in the region.
Regarding rentals, the newer colonies would be cheaper. If you are willing to commute a little more(not a problem due to low traffic), do look at the new flats coming up near Kharar. They are around 10kms from Mohali, and rentals are low. Some complexes are really nice and modern.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:39   #10
BHPian

@ wanderernomad : just got an update, the rentals are in a region of 7K -10K for a 2BHK house in mohali. The rates vary according to locality and the properly area.

As Tanveer has rightly said, you can look at flats near Kharar (Kharar -Chandigarh road and on Kharar landran road. These both places have good connectivity to mohali and travel will not take much time to Mohali Ind. area.

The schools in mohali will be Manav Mandir school in sec 64, Shemrock school sec. 69 and Millennium school sec 67. All these scetors are around 15-20 mins travel from locations i mentioned above. YPS is in sec 51 and you can add another 10 mins to travel time. My father confirmed that buses for most of these schools are available .

DPS is there too but it is near Zirakpur and will take quite a longer time for your daughter to travel.

Hope it helps !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks