Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2017, 00:30   #706
BANNED

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like there are quite a few brands/variants of the Javadhu powder. .... fragrance is widely different from the first one I used. .
I didn't know that. Thanks. I don't have the packing intact but the remanant of it says "ambaisarvodaya" Mukkudal Javadhu.
Btw just saw, some people are selling Javadhu on amazon for Rs280.

Last edited by sinhead : 26th March 2017 at 00:33.
Old 26th March 2017, 13:01   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I didn't know that. Thanks. I don't have the packing intact but the remanant of it says "ambaisarvodaya" Mukkudal Javadhu.
Btw just saw, some people are selling Javadhu on amazon for Rs280.
Oh yes, I got that as well. I got the paste this time. This is more in quantity (5g vs 2 gm) of powder and slightly cheaper too.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-wp_20170324_07_24_28_pro.jpg

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-wp_20170324_07_25_30_pro.jpg

The other ones in my cupboard - CK IN2U (used on dress) and Yardley Elegance deo. I love both though both these don't last more than 3-4 hours.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-wp_20170324_07_26_42_pro.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th March 2017 at 13:06.
Old 26th March 2017, 13:28   #708
BHPian

For everyday use, I have Nivea or Axe deos.

And for perfumes I have Diesel Fuel, Hugo Boss Extreme, Versace Eros, Davidoff Champion, Hugo Boss The Scent.
Old 24th May 2017, 06:11   #709
Senior - BHPian

Any online sellers that are trusted for designer brands?
Old 27th May 2017, 07:29   #710
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Has anyone tried the old and famous 'Stetson' brand of Cologne? Yes, the same fellas that make those beautiful 'Cowboy' hats.
Old 27th May 2017, 12:44   #711
Senior - BHPian

Hey has anybody tried Titan's 'SKIN' line of perfumes? I was gifted a bottle recently and I have to say, although I was hesitant about it, I've tried it now after having it sit about for more than a year untouched, and I love it. It is very strong so one spray is enough for me, has a very sweet yet warm note to its fragrance. Works well as a night perfume although I feel not everyone might be able to carry it off.

Also added Bulgari MAN to the collection; all time classic. Distinctly a day time perfume and has its own unique character to it, not like all other summer perfumes from brands like Issey Miyake that start to become a blur in their citrusy notes. This one is easily distinguished from the rest, citrusy yet not boy-ish and is very sophisticated in its charm.

Has anyone tried Calvin Klein Truth? I was thinking about buying a bottle. I used to have a bottle of Calvin Klein Eternity back in highschool and then I tried a bottle of CK One last year but I was very disappointed with the CK One as I felt it was too non-descript a fragrance. Have heard that Truth has been in their line for a long time and isn't like their newer half-hearted attempts, anyone have any views on it?

Also should I buy a bottle of 'Big Pony' by Ralph Lauren, one of my friends in Germany tells me he loves it, but then I saw that there are 4 different iterations of Big Pony. Anyone got any experience with this line?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 27th May 2017 at 12:46.
Old 6th June 2017, 15:02   #712
BHPian

I prefer using the Deodorants sold under the 'Engage' brand. They are really good, and so are their perfumes. I've tried every deo that's available- Lomani, Park Avenue, Axe, Fogg (including the perfume), Fa, Aramusk, Engage, Nivea, Adidas, Brut etc. Fa, Axe and Adidas were the worst in terms of longevity- you have to apply them more than twice if you want to smell fresh while in office. This may depend on skin type and how much you sweat, but they do not last. Engage and Aramusk Intense last quite a bit. The engage perfume is infact comparable to many premium EDP products from international manufacturers.
For perfumes used on special occasions, I have a bottle of Azzaro Chrome, Paco Rabanne 1 million, Davidoff Cool Water and CK One. Yes, that's a lot for one person but I like applying perfume all the time- even when I'm in the house. A 125 ml bottle of Cool Water lasts me about 15 days.
If there was something I'd like to recommend, it is the Engage deospray that comes in the green/yellow/red bottle (for men). It is cheap, lasts quite long and smells amazing. I don't find that here and everytime I come home, I get about 10 bottles from a supermarket.
I've also ordered Javadhu powder from Amazon.in (it is quite expensive on amazon, but that's the only option I have staying here). My friend in Kolkata received it and said that it smells really nice. I'm looking forward to using it.
There's a good site called fragrantica.com where you can check reviews of all perfumes before buying them. I usually buy them in a local store that is reasonably priced, but I've tried ordering testers online and they were quite nice ( Elizabeth Arden's Green tea and Burberry Weekend EDP).
Old 6th June 2017, 17:47   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like there are quite a few brands/variants of the Javadhu powder.
What does it contain? I recently bought 4 Nivea deos but had been planning to go all natural but not sure what are the safe alternatives.
Old 6th June 2017, 19:27   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
...I recently bought 4 Nivea deos but had been planning to go all natural but not sure what are the safe alternatives.
My skin is very sensitive to most deos and perfumes, to the extend of rough skin and itching on regular usage. Having tried over a dozen brands, Dove whitening Original deo is the only one not causing me an irritation, so I stick to it for couple of years now.

When it comes to EDT, my all time favourite was Escada sentiment, which is no more in production. Thats the only EDT which triggered a curious question from most of my family, colleagues, friends "wow, which brand is it" ?

I have moved a step above in the last year. Below image is my regular wear since few months. D Hermes is a unique daily wear which is fresh but not hitting you to a head ache. Bleu De Chanel does not require any introduction, its always in the top 10 searches globally right from its market launch. Its seductive, distinct, fresh and lasting but mild on your nose. Since there are too many fake Chanel bottles in the market, I picked it from Muscat, my reliable shop guy for the last 15 years, also saving almost 50% of its listed price in India ! I cross checked the price in the Muscat Duty Free, it was similar pricing. A word of advice : If you wish to pick up an expensive brand, try from the duty free outlets, it saves you money and the chance of having a genuine product !
Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-_sha0594.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 6th June 2017 at 19:28.
Old 9th June 2017, 21:53   #715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I've tried ordering testers online and they were quite nice ( Elizabeth Arden's Green tea and Burberry Weekend EDP).
How and from where can we get testers?
Old 11th June 2017, 23:15   #716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What does it contain? I recently bought 4 Nivea deos but had been planning to go all natural but not sure what are the safe alternatives.
I checked the box / container but no info on the ingredients. Tried googling and the first thing is its based on sandal.
Old 13th June 2017, 12:21   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
How and from where can we get testers?
http://unboxed.in/

https://perfumery.co.in/

Not sure about unboxed.in but have ordered recently from perfumery & feel they are not fakes.
Old 14th June 2017, 09:38   #718
BHPian

Azzaro Chrome is the one that I have been using after a lot of permutations and combinations. Like the subtle fragrance of Chrome and the fact that it stays.

On the flip side, the cost keeps going up.
Old 15th June 2017, 18:08   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Also should I buy a bottle of 'Big Pony' by Ralph Lauren, one of my friends in Germany tells me he loves it, but then I saw that there are 4 different iterations of Big Pony. Anyone got any experience with this line?
I personally love the blue & black ones they have on sale. Blue for daily wear, black for night.

Get a small bottle and check it out for yourself as it is available in different sizes.
Old 20th June 2017, 03:28   #720
BHPian

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497909359.160631.jpg Just ordered this one after reading through some posts here and reviews on fragrantica. My BIL will pick this from Dubai. Now waiting to try.

Most Viewed