Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 15:55   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
http://unboxed.in/

https://perfumery.co.in/

Not sure about unboxed.in but have ordered recently from perfumery & feel they are not fakes.
Which one did you get from them?
Old 21st June 2017, 13:30   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Well I didn't get the testers but retail ones,Aqva Amara by Bvlgari & A*Men by Thierry Mugler.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:45   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Oh yes, I got that as well. I got the paste this time. This is more in quantity (5g vs 2 gm) of powder and slightly cheaper too.
What the hell man! Where's the 'Warning' in your posts??

I used it today, like very very small quantity and sitting in office smelling like a hawan kund. I used my Burberry perfume, like 10 sprays, but this Javadhu smell just masks any other smell around it. Then I wet some tissues and tried to rub it off but this thing is crazy, the smell just doesn't go off!!

Guys, anybody who plans on using Javadhu powder, please ensure that you test it with like a rice grain size quantity on your day off. You may be surprised with the intensity of this thing.

@swiftnfurious - you are reckless man, careful recommending Javadhu to anybody else! I mean who could've imagined this thing packs such a punch.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:57   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
http://unboxed.in/

https://perfumery.co.in/

Not sure about unboxed.in but have ordered recently from perfumery & feel they are not fakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

I have used unboxed.in and perfumery quite a lot in the past. The owner , Mohit is infact the first person I ask for suggestions when I don't know which perfume to buy but I know the kind of perfume I want. It was from him and on his suggestion that I bought Lui rochas as a blind buy totally. And it was so worth it.

His suggestions have been always spot on. They are both owned by him. Don't know if he still owns unboxed, but he does own perfumery!

Mod Note : I am not affiliated with any of the mentioned website. Just a suggestion for fellow bhpians.
Old 21st June 2017, 14:50   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I have used unboxed.in and perfumery quite a lot in the past.
How does perfumery have Davidoff Cool Water (125 ml) listed at just 2300/-?!

The prices here are a little unbelievable. How many perfumes have you bought from here, were they all long lasting just like the originals?

EDIT: I bought Burberry London (Men) & London (Women) for 6k each while perfumery has them listed at 2500 and 3300!! Something looks fishy to me

Last edited by fine69 : 21st June 2017 at 14:54.
Old 21st June 2017, 15:34   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
How does perfumery have Davidoff Cool Water (125 ml) listed at just 2300/-?!

The prices here are a little unbelievable. How many perfumes have you bought from here, were they all long lasting just like the originals?

EDIT: I bought Burberry London (Men) & London (Women) for 6k each while perfumery has them listed at 2500 and 3300!! Something looks fishy to me

I got davidoff cool water as a tester bottle for ₹1400 from unboxed.

Regarding how many, most of my perfumes apart from bvlgari aqva, ck obsession, police to be and theirry mugler angel men were bought from there and I have been completely satisfied with them.

Have also bought a couple of perfumes for gifting as well. So no complaints at all.

All have lasted as they should. The fragrance is perfect too.

I generally first test a perfume in store and then order it from there. Once it arrives I again go to the store and test the one that I have received. Haven't found any discrepancy so far.

Imagine this : I got a retail pack of Rochas Lui for 3k when the price on ebay (it's only available there since it is out of production) was 9k. And it was full retail packing!

But yes their prices have increased from unboxed days. So they started out at an even lower price point and have now raised it. But I still don't mind it because it's still VFM
Old 21st June 2017, 19:18   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What the hell man! Where's the 'Warning' in your posts??

I used it today, like very very small quantity and sitting in office smelling like a hawan kund. I used my Burberry perfume, like 10 sprays, but this Javadhu smell just masks any other smell around it. Then I wet some tissues and tried to rub it off but this thing is crazy, the smell just doesn't go off!!

@swiftnfurious - you are reckless man, careful recommending Javadhu to anybody else! I mean who could've imagined this thing packs such a punch.
Oops! I thought you would have gone thru some of the initial posts about Javaadhu. One of the members have actually shown in a picture how much should be used. He has had a clear "warning' issued about the dose.

Ideally, this needs just a pinch and it's strong. I'd say, try it overnight after a bath and get a feedback from your family members before using it on an extensive basis.
Old 21st June 2017, 23:41   #728
Senior - BHPian

Something just doesn't feel right with perfumery.co.in

Check out the reviews, most of the reviews are posted on 3/7/2017

Then the tone & overall feel of all the reviews reads like its been written by the same guy. This user Brijesh has so many reviews on the site

I've never seen such starkly similar reviews anywhere.

Lastly, why wouldn't this guy go on amazon to expand his customer base. Not to mention, the site itself is pretty crappy with major flaws during navigation. Go use it and you'd know what I'm talking about.

I was about to order a perfume but I thought let me share these observations with all.
Old 22nd June 2017, 01:26   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Something just doesn't feel right with perfumery.co.in

Check out the reviews, most of the reviews are posted on 3/7/2017

Then the tone & overall feel of all the reviews reads like its been written by the same guy. This user Brijesh has so many reviews on the site

I've never seen such starkly similar reviews anywhere.

Lastly, why wouldn't this guy go on amazon to expand his customer base. Not to mention, the site itself is pretty crappy with major flaws during navigation. Go use it and you'd know what I'm talking about.

I was about to order a perfume but I thought let me share these observations with all.
You can always clarify any doubts you have from the owner itself. He is quite responsive and will clarify any doubts/questions that you may have.

At the end of the day it is your decision, but I haven't faced any issues with around 10 plus orders from there so far.
Old 22nd June 2017, 04:50   #730
Senior - BHPian

Perfumery has a store in Ahmedabad too. Owner of unboxed seems to be some Saurab.
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:10   #731
BHPian

The perfumes brought from perfumery are not fakes I think,the A*men has a code which you can check on their site & has been confirmed as genuine,both perfumes including the Bvlgari one you can smell them on the clothes even after a wash or two.
Old 22nd June 2017, 22:00   #732
Senior - BHPian

You can also check batch codes here:-

http://checkcosmetic.net/
http://www.checkfresh.com/

Batch codes are usually repeated every 4 years.

It seems Mohit and Saurab may have been partners at unboxed and then Mohit started Perfumery. Some of the older testimonials frm 2014 have his name mentioned but not the newer ones.

Last edited by straight6 : 22nd June 2017 at 22:04.
Old 24th June 2017, 23:01   #733
Senior - BHPian

I got Issey Miyake from unboxed today. The date of manufacture is November 2013. I sprayed once on my chest just to try (around 4 hours back) and it seems original. Tomorrow morning I'll put it the the test with 4-5 sprays as I'm going to be out in the day.

Last edited by straight6 : 24th June 2017 at 23:03.
Old 25th June 2017, 01:36   #734
BHPian

Just arrived.

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1498334754.420638.jpg

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1498334777.561916.jpg
Old 25th June 2017, 10:35   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Where did you buy it from?

Most Viewed