Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2018, 15:09   #781
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?

How is Forest Essentials?

https://www.jabong.com/Forest-Essent...9BE93MUXINDFAS

And this Marks & Spencer

https://www.jabong.com/marks-spencer...7FR28STIINDFAS

Getting prefumes from https://perfumery.co.in/ is safe and reliable? Anything under5K recommended for women?

Last edited by Sheel : 11th February 2018 at 15:28.
Old 15th May 2018, 20:25   #782
Senior - BHPian

My bottle of Mont Blanc Individuel is almost over and it seems like they have stopped producing this fragrance. It performed the role of being my daily perfume had a very unique smell, was cheap, lasted really long and could be worn for any occasion.

Replacing it with Chanel Allure Homme Sport extreme. Slightly more expensive but to me it seems like it would be just as versatile and well performing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How is Forest Essentials?
And this Marks & Spencer
I just noticed your post. I have honestly not tried out perfumes from either. I'd recommend checking out Titan's Skinn range the whole range is not really that great but they do have a couple of strong performers.

Quote:
Anything under5K recommended for women?
Depends on what kind of woman this is. Young and fun I would recommend Viva La Juicy Gold Couture performs well and invokes a strong craving in everyone who smells it Older more mature: Marc Jacobs Decadence. Daytime fresh: can't go wrong with Dolce & Gabbana light blue.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th May 2018 at 20:33.
Old 16th May 2018, 11:22   #783
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Davidoff cool water for over a decade now, never felt a need to change, until now.

I feel the perfume wears off in couple of hours and I am contemplating a change.

I have shortlisted 2 perfumes based on Online reviews, we do not have a shop in the 200kms radius where one can sample them and take a call.

What are your opinions on

1. Davidoff Hot water
2. Davidoff Champion.

Regards,

Pramod
Old 20th June 2018, 12:42   #784
BHPian

Thanks to valuable information on this thread, I was able to compile a list of good perfumes for gifting wife on her birthday. While the original plan was to take her to some good store and have her sample perfumes and select, things didn't pan out as expected and I had to sample perfumes and select one for her. I liked and bought Burberry London while the shortlist included Nina Ricci L'Extase and Versace Bright Crystal. I think I also sampled Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue or Beauty (can't remember now) which was also quite good.

P.S: I have lived all my life buying deep discounted deodorants online which are mostly all fakes hardly lasting a few hours. Now this perfume buying experience has invigorated the urge to buy something for myself. However, knowing the price band, wanted to know how many months / years would 100 ml perfume bottle typically last if used daily with 1-2 short sprays.
Old 20th June 2018, 13:41   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I have been using Davidoff cool water for over a decade now, never felt a need to change, until now.

I feel the perfume wears off in couple of hours and I am contemplating a change.
It may be because of using spurious perfume. Most online retailers have copy versions of the perfumes. Cool Water happens to be the most copied perfume brand as well. Try buying from Duty free/ authorised stores and see if you notice a change.
Old 20th August 2018, 16:31   #786
Team-BHP Support

Was shopping for perfumes, came across one by Dunhill, one by Paco Rabanne and one by YSL, but all were EDT.

After testing, couldn't figure out which lasts more. Few questions, which lasts more, any idea? Or any other brand?

Wish to either get it online from perfumery/myntra if they are reliable or Shoppers Stop.

Else will have to stick with Davidoff
Old 20th August 2018, 16:44   #787
BHPian

Ordered Elizabeth Arden Beauty from Perfumery.co.in (link: https://perfumery.co.in/elizabeth-ar...0-ml-for-women) to be gifted to sister. The packaging is nice with generous layer of bubblewrap. Shipping speed was pleasantly surprising. I ordered on Friday morning and package was delivered on Monday morning! The courier partner was Bluedart which is confidence-inspiring. Haven't opened the contents to check, however I don't think I can confirm if there is anything wrong with the perfume since I have tested this particular one only once few months ago.
Old 20th September 2018, 13:12   #788
BHPian

Mitti Perfume : Freshly Rain Perfume : Scent of Rain

Hello Gentlemen,

Trying to get hold of the so called "Mitti Perfume" which is supposed to smell of mud when it first rains.

Believe Ittr from Kannauj Distilleries do produce some. But am not able to find a reliable source online to purchase.

Can the perfume masters point to the right source to purchase the scent of rain ?

Thanks a ton
Old 29th September 2018, 09:00   #789
BHPian

Made my first purchase from Perfumery.co.in , even though the status shows the item has been shipped I haven't received any mail with courier details and tracking number. Tried reaching their customer care number which apparently doesn't exist at all. No replies for email and chat.
Old 29th September 2018, 09:58   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
Made my first purchase from Perfumery.co.in , even though the status shows the item has been shipped I haven't received any mail with courier details and tracking number. Tried reaching their customer care number which apparently doesn't exist at all. No replies for email and chat.
Happened with me as well. No shipping confirmation, no tracking details but I received the product in 2 days flat and it was delivered by bluedart. I guess their notification and update system is too lazy. Thankfully, shopping department isn't!
Old 29th September 2018, 11:52   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Happened with me as well. No shipping confirmation, no tracking details but I received the product in 2 days flat and it was delivered by bluedart. I guess their notification and update system is too lazy. Thankfully, shopping department isn't!
That's interesting , hope mine will be also delivered at the earliest.
Old 30th September 2018, 12:15   #792
Senior - BHPian

My foray into this thread is more out of curiosity than necessity for I am one of those rare breeds who does not get excited by perfumes; unless it comes gift wrapped and free .

But for the connoisseurs, this article might certainly ring a bell, or should I rather say, bring in a whiff of nostalgia.

Quote:
Sniff, sniff: in hot pursuit of a deodorant fix
Old 30th September 2018, 12:34   #793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Are the perfumes box packed with the poly-wrap just like how you get them from a B&M store?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th September 2018 at 12:40.
Old 30th September 2018, 12:39   #794
BHPian

Quote:
After testing, couldn't figure out which lasts more. Few questions, which lasts more, any idea? Or any other brand?

Few suggestions:
1.) Prada EDT for men
2.) Rasasi royale
3.) A men by Muggler
4.) Leau Dissey by Issey Miyake
5.) Yardley Gentleman Citrus and wood

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 1st October 2018, 10:05   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Are the perfumes box packed with the poly-wrap just like how you get them from a B&M store?

Yes, the perfume I received was well packed in polywrap and had generous layers of bubble wrap. I tried a tiny bit of it and the fragrance stayed overnight so I am assuming there shouldn't be concerns about genuineness. However, with the kind of deep discounts that are on offer, it makes me wonder if there is actually such a margin for those selling in physical stores.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks