Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:50   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
And how I regret missing out the Informal Interaction. How was it?
It was good. We spent some quality time with Keith and learned what constitute good communication.

BTW, did you attend the seminar?

\N
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:39   #32
BHPian

Hi Nitin,

Did you get a chance to meet Keith or Sachin?
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Hi Nitin,

Did you get a chance to meet Keith or Sachin?
I hosted them during their Delhi stay :-)

\N
Old 5th March 2010, 11:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Did not know there was this thread on T-BHP.
I too am a stammerer since time immerorial and like others have said, there are some good days and some bad.

My other problem is that I have cold perpetually 365 days a year and for a stammerer to speak clearly breathing properly is paramount but with my cold, I have a clogged nose and that makes it even more difficult.

I have sort of accepted this as a part of my life and am not too conscious about it but then there are days when I feel I did not have this problem.

Trust me, having something to say and not saying it because of this stammering takes a serious toll on my mental health.

Hiren

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 5th March 2010 at 11:50.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:42   #35
BHPian

Just came across this thread by accident. i stammer and stutter..get stuck with some words from time to time. have improved a lot over the years which is thankful. when i was in school the one thing i use to read was having to read out loud in class...
good to see there are more like me out here...a little left of the middle.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:15   #36
BHPian

I do not stutter or stammer, however after reading this thread i thought of commenting here. Hats of to you guys who came forefront and accepted that they do stutter. Its really difficult to accept that, for obvious reasons as TSK mentioned. Stutteres are always made fun of, and we have been a party to it some way. Never thought that what you guys must be going through.

I read few comments like, you are scared about future and all. Dont really worry about it, take it as a challenge and face life. There is nothing in life that you can not fix, except death. So go on and give your best.

All i can say is, this thread has changed my point of view of looking at stutteres.

Wish you all the best guys!!!

Nitin, keep up the good work!!!
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:13   #37
BHPian

Anyone whose stuttering has improved via therapies/treatments/techniques? What brought about the change?

Does anyone stutter when reading a book aloud, ALONE? Or when singing a song?

Last edited by Proxima : 23rd April 2010 at 21:17.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Anyone whose stuttering has improved via therapies/treatments/techniques? What brought about the change?
I can't say whether my stuttering has improved or not; but my life has certainly improved after I accepted my stuttering and stopped running away from it.

Earlier I used to avoid speaking with people I was not comfortable with and this made life hell :-( Now I don't care whether I stutter or not, and there is no pressure on me of being fluent. And that itself has resulted in much less stutter :-)

Nitin
Old 27th April 2010, 10:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My in laws are Ayurvedic doctors and practicing more than 20 years now. my f-i-l has suggested following things for this prob. Remember its not magic, you have to work hard towards it. BTW I do not stutter but just thought of sharing it with you. If it helps you, nothing like it.

1. Chewing of dalchini stick. I will confirm the frequency on this.

2. Reading out load "RaamRaksha" shlok. This is by far the most difficult shlok in sanskrit. Trust me even I find it difficult to pronounce some words flawlessly. If you start reading it out loud, your tongue will be moving in all possible ways to produce the sound the script is supposed to make. By practice you would be able to pronounce the words and slowly you will see your problem is getting resolved. A kind of technical solution. Its one of the most powerful shloka and even if you are not religious you can use it for your own good sake.

The above 2 things are suggested by him to his patients who have such problems. This is not a magic, you have to work hard on this. Its only you who can help yourself getting out of this.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 27th April 2010 at 10:39.
Old 16th February 2014, 00:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any stutterers on Team-BHP?

Bumping a thread that has been dormant for a few years now. :P

But, yes, I stammer from as long as I can remember. But of late, I tend to get very frustrated at myself when I stammer and struggle to say a word. Sometimes, for many seconds on end before I give up. I am about to start my venture into the corporate world in about 6 months' time. By which time, I want to control my stuttering as much as possible. Of the options I could find, I found this:

http://www.speechtherapyindia.in/

Does anyone know anything about this? Comments are very, very encouraging. But, anyone with any real life experience?
Old 16th February 2014, 05:25   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I believe that 'singing out loud' is supposedly both therapeutic as well as a confidence buillding exercise. While this is a tough circumstance to bear with, because most people are cruel, the fact remains that it has to be faced upto, with girded loins. Good luck!
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:17   #42
BHPian

For people staying in and around Mumbai, TISA conducts a Self Help Group (SHG) every Sunday at the YMCA in Ghatkopar from 2:30 to 5:30pm.

They also have a WhatsApp group that you can join for updates and discussions.

Details here: www.stammer.in

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks