Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 10:16   #46
BHPian

Hey everyone...this seems to be getting into a rough patch of the road. The Topic was "Do's and Donts for a Forum like ours"...that seems to be changing to "Us Vs Them."

I am sure all of us realize anything that is unchecked or without an audit would stand great chance of violations. To be Frank...when I joined the forum, the first thing I did was check if it had the right levels of enforcements in place...even though I almost got banned for the adventure....but the reason was simple, I did not wish to be at a place which had NO checks and was more of people cleaning dirty linen like a chat room.

Lets face it how many in the Metros would wait for a light to turn Green if it was 02:00 AM and no sole was in sight. I am sure there is loads of responsibility attached to the power provided to the people managing the forum and there MUST be checks on their performance too. As one of friends mentioned everything is documented...which also means personal attacks can be counterproductive.

We all have our opinions and that is a fact the world lives by. But personally am satisfied the way it has been so far. And hey lets get back to the topic which seems to have lost its way a bit
Old 29th April 2005, 10:37   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO, I can definitely understand why you won't want a new member posting in marketplace but why not on the review or What car segments ?
Abhay :

1. What Car section : Newbies cant post in that section as there was a time when we had most one-post members starting a thread on "What 5 lac car should we buy" without using the search feature to find similar topics that already existed.

2. Reviews Section : This forum section is an opinion builder. And we wanted to restrict opinions to regular members only. Our site is also visited by most car manufacturers and dealerships. Heck, Linkway took Team-BHP material from me to hand out in their office.

GTO
Old 29th April 2005, 10:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

just to make some points clear

1) i respect the moderators here a lot,like i said before ,saying again they have done a great job with team-bhp.no questions abt that.

2)their desicion in anything should be the last word.

3)what i dont agree is some members,acting as moderators and trying to police the forum.(thats what i meant by unnecesary policing.)

4)i could have stayed clear out of this topic,but am not.people here should try to make a positive difference instead of making the mods feel that they are under achieveing inspite of spending all thier free time here.

fianlly we are all just humans. think once what is (majorly) wrong with team-bhp? nothing . then why this discussion?
Old 29th April 2005, 11:15   #49
BHPian

Thanks guys for helping me clear my doubts. Well meant nothing to anyone.
Old 29th April 2005, 11:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

a few clarications as i couldnt edit my post

1) i am not taking potshots at anyone, nor did i try to hint any one with the policing topic, i just tried to tell all the members ie the team-bhp family should be given a certain degree of freedom.
the forum elders,who might not be moderators but are highly respected by others have all rights to correct a person.

2)with the positive difference thing, i dont mean to say that i am doing that,but yes i am trying to.
but i meant is that members here should look at the bright side of things.remember at the end of the day we (atleast i) like to surf team-bhp? why?? coz it's one of my sources of happiness. and yes it has very minor niggles,but i am sure we can look past that?

another thing which i would like to add is the moderators are the final authority here,but if a member feels that he is being punished or accused un necessarly., he should point out his facts and air his views, after which the moderators and/or the forum elders should take the final judgement.

this removes all the wrong notions and grudges then and there itself.

Last edited by aadix : 29th April 2005 at 11:18.
Old 29th April 2005, 14:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon

Manaa, I already know of the first thread. I intentionally started another thread especially for "Bodybuilding - Your Measurements"[Success]. If you notice, I've been posting in the first "Bodybuilding/weightlifting/fitness" thread. I have spoken to the mods who also think likewise.
hey gordon

when i m trying to tell here is that there are many threads which do not have many posts and then there is other thread with a similar key word, so the person who logs in and is interested in reading the posts will tend to get confused by the same and will loose the link between the threads.

and it is not about members acting as mods but i think everybody has a right to voice their opinion and if that is not liked by mods then they will surely do what they think is right. as a member i definately respect other members' opinion also and would surely take care not to offend any body be it mods or members.

but a forum like this, as GTO mentioned is different from others, so let us all work towards making it succesful, instead of taking offence from other members.

shubbhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks