Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2005, 12:45   #1
BHPian

Burning sensation in eyes while in the car

I have a six month old Xing. I got it serviced recently. What i am observing is that whenever its parked in sunlight and i enter, my eyes start having a burning sensation. In fact, they start watering. Only after i open the windows and drive for sometime, i am able to open my eyes properly.
Is it bcos of the new plastics or the perfume or the liquid with which the workshop people might have cleaned the dashboard etc.
Old 21st April 2005, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible that the polish on the dash is causing this? I can't think of anything (except perfume) causing such a thing.

Shan2nu
Old 21st April 2005, 13:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Is it possible that the polish on the dash is causing this? I can't think of anything (except perfume) causing such a thing.

Shan2nu
I also think so. I will try wiping the dashboard with a wet piece of cloth.
Old 21st April 2005, 13:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

try wiping it with a soapy solution because i dont think plain water will wash the polish off.
Old 21st April 2005, 13:28   #5
BHPian

Are you using the AC when this happens? If its not then get a multi surface cleaner from pennzoil and use that to wipe your dash board. My guess is they used some alcohol based solvent to clean your car. When yuo leave yuor car in the sun, the residues probably evaporate and those fumes are what causing your eyes to burn.
Old 21st April 2005, 13:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Are you using the AC when this happens? If its not then get a multi surface cleaner from pennzoil and use that to wipe your dash board. My guess is they used some alcohol based solvent to clean your car. When yuo leave yuor car in the sun, the residues probably evaporate and those fumes are what causing your eyes to burn.
Its without switching on the AC. I also feel the presence of fumes as a peculiar smell comes.
Thanks to all of you for such prompt suggestions. I have to leave for Ooty tomorrow. Will clean the dashboard before leaving.
Old 21st April 2005, 14:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Do you use ambi pur in your car? some people are sort of allergic to it....

Drifter
Old 21st April 2005, 15:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
I have a six month old Xing. I got it serviced recently. What i am observing is that whenever its parked in sunlight and i enter, my eyes start having a burning sensation. In fact, they start watering. Only after i open the windows and drive for sometime, i am able to open my eyes properly.
Is it bcos of the new plastics or the perfume or the liquid with which the workshop people might have cleaned the dashboard etc.
Signs of allergy to something, do get your allergies checked. My cousin had lots of allergies that he cant drive cars without A/C.
Old 21st April 2005, 16:03   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Signs of allergy to something, do get your allergies checked. My cousin had lots of allergies that he cant drive cars without A/C.
Not an allergy. I had to go out during lunch but before leaving i cleaned the dashboard with a wet cloth. Problem vanished. Its was the polish on the dashboard.
Old 21st April 2005, 16:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
Not an allergy. I had to go out during lunch but before leaving i cleaned the dashboard with a wet cloth. Problem vanished. Its was the polish on the dashboard.
so it was allergy to polish which created this problem so everything alright now. good
Old 21st April 2005, 22:31   #11
BHPian

Well , the same thing used to happen to me in my octavia ! The moment i used to switch on the a/c , effect my and the person's eyes as if we were chopping an onion .

It used to come stright from the a/c vents and the guy/gal(let it be anyone) facing towards vents were mostly the suffereers(me the obvious 1) . I still dont know *** it was and to add on there was never a perfume/polish applied on the dashboard and nothing to do with the servicing as it was more or less happening everyday !!!

Last edited by Beemer : 21st April 2005 at 22:35.

Most Viewed