Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 10:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Furniture shops Navi Mumbai..Help!

We are about to move into a new house in a couple of days and I am looking for some good bargain deals on home furniture. Can anyone recommend any great bargain shops around Navi Mumbai?

I intend to buy a sofa set, a couple of wardrobes, T.V cabinet etc.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Can anyone recommend any great bargain shops around Navi Mumbai?
Firstly, welcome to Navi Mumbai .

Lots of furniture showrooms on palm beach road near Galleria and City Center mall. Check them out. I believe there is furniture bazaar in Raghuleela too. Where exactly in Navi Mumbai are you shifting to? There are some other not so famous shops that can be checked out.

PS: I think it's better if you PM the area where you shifting to rather then putting it down here in public domain.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Firstly, welcome to Navi Mumbai .

Lots of furniture showrooms on palm beach road near Galleria and City Center mall. Check them out. I believe there is furniture bazaar in Raghuleela too. Where exactly in Navi Mumbai are you shifting to? There are some other not so famous shops that can be checked out.

PS: I think it's better if you PM the area where you shifting to rather then putting it down here in public domain.
Thanks for the info Amit, I will check out the places around palm beach. I would shifting to Kharghar.

P.S : I have been in Navi Mumbai all my life
Old 18th January 2009, 10:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
We are about to move into a new house in a couple of days and I am looking for some good bargain deals on home furniture. Can anyone recommend any great bargain shops around Navi Mumbai?

I intend to buy a sofa set, a couple of wardrobes, T.V cabinet etc.
Hey buddy welcome to twin city Navi Mumbai.
You can check at HyperCity, Inorbit mall, Vashi. There are quite a good shops at Vashi, sector 17 (near Sumaria Electronics store), one is opposite to St. Lowrence School, many stores on both the side of Vashi-Kopar Khairane road. One good store at Moraj Residencial Complex at Sanpada Palm Beach road. Kharghar node also has good shops for furniture.
Happy shopping.
Old 18th January 2009, 14:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Go and get furniture from outside Navi Mumbai. Most shops anyways give free home delivery.

You intend to buy branded or non branded furniture ?
Old 19th January 2009, 11:27   #6
BHPian

Suggestions depend on your choice of branded / non-branded. For non-branded the quality of workmanship is nothing much to be happy off in Belapur/Kharghar area. If you know someone in Thane / Mumbai that would be a more professional work I suppose.
Old 19th January 2009, 14:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am going for ready made stuff, branded is fine as long as doesnt cost a bomb. Yesterday i checked out some furniture of the brand " living room " in the Raghuleea mall, they have some huge discounts going on. I might go for a this bedroom set they have for 40k, complete with a nice cot with storage underneath, a bed side table, a nice 3 door wardrobe and a dressing table with plenty storage. Still havent found a T.V cabinet big enough for my liking. Will check at Inorbit today.

What place should i look outside Navi Mumbai?
Old 7th May 2009, 01:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I am going for ready made stuff, branded is fine as long as doesnt cost a bomb. Yesterday i checked out some furniture of the brand " living room " in the Raghuleea mall, they have some huge discounts going on. I might go for a this bedroom set they have for 40k, complete with a nice cot with storage underneath, a bed side table, a nice 3 door wardrobe and a dressing table with plenty storage. Still havent found a T.V cabinet big enough for my liking. Will check at Inorbit today.

check Decunhas Modular Furniture, knockdown furniture for home and offices and Interior designers in Rabale, Navi mumbai

I am buying my bedroom furniture from them. custom made to the design i want.

Cheers
Old 12th May 2009, 14:20   #9
BHPian

Folks,

Ive been trying to get a stool for our kitchen's breakfast counter, in Bangalore.
Almost every shop we tried, dont have the ones with back support. I am looking at something similar to a bar stool with a padded back support.

Any ideas?
Old 12th May 2009, 14:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Goto Mulund, there are lot of ready made furniture showrooms like off the shelf, living room etc. You might get more variety there as compared to the shops in malls. They deliver it free anywhere in Navi Mumbai.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:28   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I recommend you go to Bhiwandi. Believe me you will get what you want. Ask Jenny lol, she knows all the shops there.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Folks,

Ive been trying to get a stool for our kitchen's breakfast counter, in Bangalore.
Almost every shop we tried, dont have the ones with back support. I am looking at something similar to a bar stool with a padded back support.

Any ideas?
Try TANGENT @ Mysore Rd, this shop is between Big bazaar & Gopalan Mall.
Though it's slightly expensive, but you may find what you are searching for.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:18   #13
BHPian

Thanks sushrutha. Didnt get time to see Tangent, but got one of those bar stools with height adjustment and back support at Jamals for 2500 bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks