Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 14:20   #46
BHPian

^^ Why get a veyron and let a chauffeur do the honours ?? Beats me !

Reckon should be a gift from a wealthy Sheik.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

LOL must be a scene to see a two seater car being driven by a Chauffeur & the owner sitting beside him
Old 25th August 2009, 14:26   #48
BHPian

I am applying for the chauffeur's job..
Old 25th August 2009, 14:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

I'm wondering would he have managed that if he hadn't fled India. Somethings happen for good.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:42   #50
BANNED

May be having a chauffeur at his age is not that bad!!! I would love to see him behind the wheel, flowing white beard, unshod feet, etc. etc. Will make quite a sight, however I doubt they will like to use a shot with his feet in an ad.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:42   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Well that link has pictures of Hussain's Veyron. Headrests have his initials on them.
Wow not bad for the old man :-)
Old 25th August 2009, 15:36   #52
BHPian

He has been an internationally recognised painter for quite some time now. It's well deserved.
Old 30th August 2009, 12:39   #53
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Are we sure that the MFH Veyron belongs to MF Hussain? There could be many sheikhs in Dubai who may be sharing the same initials.

Anyways, here is a pic of Mr. MFH posing with a 612.
Painter M.F. Hussain buys Bugatti Veyron in Dubai !!! (Pic on pg 2)-hussain2.jpg

Painter M.F. Hussain buys Bugatti Veyron in Dubai !!! (Pic on pg 2)-mfh-612.jpg

And a Phantom with a MFH plate.

Painter M.F. Hussain buys Bugatti Veyron in Dubai !!! (Pic on pg 2)-3206008815_03d7379d1b.jpg
Old 30th August 2009, 15:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Well, guys we have time. He did it at 90's; how old are we Go grab the color pencil.

Moral: those kids doing cartoon in nursery! dont underestimate!

Congrats MFH !
Old 30th March 2010, 03:41   #55
BHPian

I have lived my life in exile: Husain

Hussian , Buggati and more on Timeofindia.com
I have lived my life in exile: Husain - India - The Times of India
Attached Thumbnails
Painter M.F. Hussain buys Bugatti Veyron in Dubai !!! (Pic on pg 2)-23.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 11:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Read this article in TOI, Ahmedabad edition today.

@MODS please move this to appropriate thread if it doesnt qualify here. This article has details of Mr. Hussains cars including Bentley, Ferrari, Buggati etc.

I’ve lived my entire life in exile: Husain

In Dubai over the weekend for a cricket match, Shobhaa De met up with painter M F Husain at his home. She spoke to him at length about his life, his Ferraris and yearning for home.

“Baba Uncle”, as residents of M F Husain’s posh apartment complex near the Dubai Creek, call him, is getting ready for his lunch date with a mystery lady at his favourite trysting place, the popular Noodle House in Emirates Towers. He has a tough choice to make — The Bentley or the Bugatti? He opts for the more stately Bentley, even though it is the sleek, low slung, super sexy Bugatti that attracts crowds (it is one of five in the Middle East, and bears his initials on the headrest). Dressed in traditional Emirati gear, the painter is wearing socks, but no shoes. Mustafa, his handsome third son explains this is to respect local sensibilities regarding bare feet. Even the mighty Maqbool (shoeless for decades) has finally had to compromise and make a few key concessions. He laughs sardonically, “After watching 3 Idiots, I am proud to call myself an idiot. I am a fool. It is good to be a fool.”
The previous night, Dubai’s ruler and his fetching wife, had singled out Husain at a gathering of over 500 celebrities from across the world who were their to attend Sheikh Mohammed’s spectacular World Cup Race (and a coming out party of sorts). “How are you, Sir?” the Sheikh asked the newly-minted Qatari citizen. Husain smiled benignly. Dubai’s loss has become Qatar’s trophy. Too bad for Dubai. But Husain insists he was not offered any money to make that move to Doha, no matter what critics believe. What he was given generously and freely by Qatar’s Sheikha Mosa, was space. And the special facilities he requires to go ahead with his ambitious, scaled up projects.

Husain misses conversation & India

“She just phoned one day and said, Please come here I will take care of everything.” Everything was done — home, staff, cars. The move has not been easy. Husain shrugs philosophically and says that in any case he has lived his entire life in an exile of sorts.... “I have never really belonged anywhere or to anyone.” But Mustafa said later that the moment his father surrendered his Indian passport was a deeply poignant one for Husain. It felt like one very important era of his long life had ended abruptly and he experienced acute pain. Something was over within him. Husain himself says he felt ‘hurt’. But even that hurt was not enough to ask for favours, not even from Manmohan Singh when they met in London some time ago. What about Sonia? Husain shook his head, “We have not spoken. Had Indira Gandhi been alive, she would have taken an instant decision to get me back. It would have happened in one minute. She was that bold and dynamic. She wasn’t afraid of anyone or anything.”
What Husain misses the most these days is conversation ... someone to talk to ... someone with whom he can connect someone who understands him, his work. He says he misses his old friend Gaitonde the most. “We would spend hours in total silence and complete understanding. Now there is nobody. Here in Dubai, it is a cultural desert, people come here to make money. They only understand money and more money. There is no appreciation of the arts.”
But come September, and even clueless Dubai will see 40 of Husain’s magnificent, life size horses galloping across the cityscape. “My horses are my own. I don’t need to look at other horses,” he says simply when asked why he wasn’t attending the racing event which features the best race horses on earth. More interestingly, a Russian admirer has commissioned a show in New York later in the year, and Husain has picked the Ramayana as his theme. Twenty gigantic canvases will be on sale, but, he chuckles mischievously, all the female figures will be fully clad this time! Then there is the hundred years of cinema exhibit in London, which consumes him totally, given his passion for films. He is being experimental and adopting mixed media images for the poster-like canvases he is half way through. At present they line the walls of his apartment, which also doubles up as his studio. Where does he sleep in that crowded space? Husain laughs, “Ever since my wife died, I have no bedroom only a drawing room!”
Prolific, productive and more, when he isn’t working on his own pictorial autobiography with stray text dotting the powerfully drawn images, he is on a plane. His summers are spent in London, where he prefers to cruise the English countryside painting water colours from the back seat of his Phantom! “I am the master of one liners,” he jokes, as he quotes Ghalib, and compares himself to the man who was misunderstood by his peers but revered ever after.
Even though there is neither time nor space in his busy life for nostalgia, it is evident from all that he says, that the umbilical chord remains firmly attached to his motherland. He has more money today than he perhaps knows what to do with. Rumours in Dubai have it that he walked into the Bentley showroom, picked a car, wanted it instantly, and paid with a swipe of his credit card. Senior managers rushed out of their cabins to see who this person was, considering even the Sheikhs of Arabia pay via instalments. Husain and EMIs? Forget it!
The Bentley was soon joined by a couple of Jaguars, a Ferrari, another Mercedes, a Rolls, and now the Bugatti (which can hit 420 kmph in seconds, as his loyal chauffeur Hassan tells gawkers). Husain himself enjoys his new toys and gets a huge kick out of his multicrore gizmos. Ironically, nearly everything in his life is customized and easily available these days from the awe inspiring sportscars that hit dizzying speeds in micro seconds to the fittings in his palatial new home in Qatar. Everything but the one thing he longs for home. One gets the feeling that were he to be given the opportunity to swap all of this, for just a single last chance to come home and walk the streets of Mumbai, stopping to drink chai at his favourite dhaba, he would abandon everything in a second and take the next flight back to India. Like he keeps repeating, it is only ‘mohabbat’ that matters to him now. He wants to gift love freely to the world. It is one original Husain which can’t be auctioned for a record-breaking price not even by the sharpest art dealer.
But clearly for M F Husain, love means never having to say you’re sorry!

Source : Welcome - Times Of India ePaper
Attached Thumbnails
Painter M.F. Hussain buys Bugatti Veyron in Dubai !!! (Pic on pg 2)-mf.jpg  

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 30th March 2010 at 11:07.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Yes read that article in todays paper.My eyes nearly popped out when i read he has a bugatti,and it popped out a bit more when i read it was chauffeur driven.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

I think this would be the only Chauffeur driven Veyron on planet
Old 30th March 2010, 13:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Yes read that article in todays paper.My eyes nearly popped out when i read he has a bugatti,and it popped out a bit more when i read it was chauffeur driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I think this would be the only Chauffeur driven Veyron on planet

I think the reporter has mis interpreted. there is a fair possibility that hassan is a general chauffer of Mr. Hussain and not particularly for the mighty veyron. there is also this statement "Husain himself enjoys his new toys and gets a huge kick out of his multicrore gizmos."

I doubt Veyron would be chauffer driven. Chauffer could be for his bentley, rolls etc.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:55   #60
BHPian

Way to go MFH! Well deserved, after all the BS he has been put through.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks